British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Locker Room (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/)
-   -   The 2019-2020 Football Thread (https://britishexpats.com/forum/locker-room-66/2019-2020-football-thread-925647/)

Scamp Jun 17th 2019 12:39 am

Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12698200)
well you have got to be better than Phil Jones so give it a go ;)

I've pebbledashed toilets resulting in something that look like better players than Phil Jones.

Cainess Jun 17th 2019 3:35 pm

Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread
 
Don’t want to play for our club? Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out then.

It was ever thus, and shall ever be: no matter what state the club is in, it is always bigger than any individual- particularly one who hasn’t achieved anything like as much as they believe they have in their own head.

Let’s see how much the Spanish & Italians really want you, Pogba. £140m, not a penny less IMO. Let’s see fat Raiola do his dirty work now, since that’s all the runt is good for.

I’ve never felt less ‘attached’ to a squad of players at any time in my life than with most of these lazy chancers. Personally, if Real Madrid want to give us the money, I’ll be happy to see Pogba & his circus disappear. Now, if we can find new homes for the likes of Lingard, Sanchez and Rojo, this might yet turn out to be a decent summer, at least in terms of getting rid of the poison in the dressing room.

civilservant Jun 17th 2019 3:37 pm

Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread
 
I couldn't agree more about Pogba. Didn't want him back and don't want him now.

Cainess Jun 17th 2019 8:10 pm

Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread
 
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d0...ract-extension

In all my years following football, I've NEVER seen an official club account publish anything quite as "cutting" as this.... fair play to Charlton Athletic F.C.- they aren't holding back here!!! :eek:

Scamp Jun 18th 2019 12:04 am

Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12697860)
Let's get the facts straight, shall we :p

No-one forced Liverpool to pay for Lovren, they chose to. The only apology needed is from LFC to their fans for buying him :p

Yeah, **** 'em. The idiots didn't keep the receipt, it's out of refund time and they can just generally suck plums. They deserve that tough to shed STD for constantly raping us.


Originally Posted by Garbatellamike (Post 12697864)
no but rumour is the guy has the same level of wealth as the bloke who bought Sheff Utd and is not in Mansour's league, apparantly he has tried to buy other clubs but can't provide proof of funds to meet due dilligence.

Classic. I can imagine in the meetings with the premier league "Habibi, yanni, no problems. Money is OK. We just sign Insh'Allah"


Originally Posted by Cainess (Post 12697920)
It’ll sting to lose out to a nothing club like PSG, who play in a crap league which they win at a canter every year, but if de Ligt wants big money, they’ve got it.

Like you say, it's CL footy and don't forget they win the league - it's still honours.

I would go to United though, probably.


Originally Posted by Cainess (Post 12699246)
I’ve never felt less ‘attached’ to a squad of players at any time in my life than with most of these lazy chancers. Personally, if Real Madrid want to give us the money, I’ll be happy to see Pogba & his circus disappear. Now, if we can find new homes for the likes of Lingard, Sanchez and Rojo, this might yet turn out to be a decent summer, at least in terms of getting rid of the poison in the dressing room.

That's a fair but sad point. I've not felt ill towards the collective of players at Saints because the effort has been phenomenal. Yes, occasional performances were poor and we're better than our finishing position in terms of where the club is generally at the moment but the players put a shift in.

When Pogba loses possession and none of him, Lingard, Lukaku, Martial etc turn to track back and chase and you're struggling to finish in challenging position or get to latter stages of big competitions - i'd be ****ing livid.

PS - we'll have Rojo, Lingard and Sanchez if you know, you want to send them on loan and pay their wages?


Originally Posted by Cainess (Post 12699361)
https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d0...ract-extension

In all my years following football, I've NEVER seen an official club account publish anything quite as "cutting" as this.... fair play to Charlton Athletic F.C.- they aren't holding back here!!! :eek:

That's phenomenal. It's cutting but still very much open, honest and clear. It's not rude, it's factual (assuming it's true) and delivered reasonably positively about the situation. Imagine if football was like this in general......sigh......

Mr Weeze Jun 18th 2019 12:52 am

Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread
 
All valid, but can we not liken buying and selling players to sexual assault? Please?

Scamp Jun 18th 2019 2:14 am

Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze (Post 12699438)
All valid, but can we not liken buying and selling players to sexual assault? Please?

Yeah, fair comment.

They deserve that rotten apple for always taking our best shiny Golden Delicious.

Mr Weeze Jun 18th 2019 3:20 am

Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Scamp (Post 12699464)
Yeah, fair comment.

They deserve that rotten apple for always taking our best shiny Golden Delicious.

Much better, thanks 👍

civilservant Jun 18th 2019 11:47 am

Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread
 

Besides, according to the Mail, United have resolved to retain Pogba and will sanction a bumper pay rise from his current meagre £290,000 a week to a more generous £500,000, matching the amount being pocketed by Alexis Sánchez. “United chief Ed Woodward is adamant a player who is as central to the club’s commercial interests as he is on the pitch will not be sold,” it writes.
https://www.theguardian.com/football...ited-pay-boost

Oh for the love of.... Woodward needs to go find another bank to work at, this isn't the way you run a football club. De Gea wants the same too, so lets pay 3 players $1.5 million a week and hope that any high profile new signings don't ask for the same!!!!

Garbatellamike Jun 18th 2019 12:07 pm

Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 12699617)
https://www.theguardian.com/football...ited-pay-boost

Oh for the love of.... Woodward needs to go find another bank to work at, this isn't the way you run a football club. De Gea wants the same too, so lets pay 3 players $1.5 million a week and hope that any high profile new signings don't ask for the same!!!!

well seems yernited is now trying to gazump Citeh's Rodri transfer so based on Sanchez and Fred precedents yernited will offer 300 per cent of the wages citeh is prepared to pay so he could be in the half million bracket too if the gazump works...

SpoogleDrummer Jun 18th 2019 6:04 pm

Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by civilservant (Post 12699617)
https://www.theguardian.com/football...ited-pay-boost

Oh for the love of.... Woodward needs to go find another bank to work at, this isn't the way you run a football club. De Gea wants the same too, so lets pay 3 players $1.5 million a week and hope that any high profile new signings don't ask for the same!!!!

How is he central to your commercial interests if all your fans hate him now? Are there more Pogba fans than there are United fans? I don't think there's any transfer "news" worth looking at nowadays, the fact De Ligt has been linked with every club and now we're linked with MBappe because he followed a bunch of people on Instagram is all bullshit. I wish news sites would have at least some sort of common sense filter.

In other news it's nice to see PSG trying to clamp down on Neymar being a dick. It's a few years too late but the effort should be applauded all the same.

Cainess Jun 18th 2019 6:58 pm

Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread
 
I despair. I give up. How did this f-in tube ever get to be our CEO.... no, don't answer that, I already know.

It's the ultimate insult to businessmen & women around the world to have the Glazers and Woodward glibly described in multiple publications as "businessmen"- they're nothing of the sort. A troop of monkeys could make money at Manchester United, yet these pricks have still got over half a billion quid worth of debt on the club 14 years after "buying" us.... now they are apparently offering a prancing pony who wants to leave £500k/week to stay...why?! Get the runt OTF, and use the money from the transfer to buy two or three talented players who actually WANT to play for us and who could improve the team.

Mata apparently signed up to a new 3 (three, THREE!!!!!) year deal....a 31-year-old whose legs were gone three years ago; good squad player, nothing else. THREE F-IN YEARS?!? Absolute lunacy.

I despair. I give up. citeh, Liverpool....goodbye. We're done. For as long as these cretins are in control in M16. We're done. :( :thumbdown: :yield:

Garbatellamike Jun 18th 2019 10:16 pm

Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Cainess (Post 12699873)
I despair. I give up. How did this f-in tube ever get to be our CEO.... no, don't answer that, I already know.

It's the ultimate insult to businessmen & women around the world to have the Glazers and Woodward glibly described in multiple publications as "businessmen"- they're nothing of the sort. A troop of monkeys could make money at Manchester United, yet these pricks have still got over half a billion quid worth of debt on the club 14 years after "buying" us.... now they are apparently offering a prancing pony who wants to leave £500k/week to stay...why?! Get the runt OTF, and use the money from the transfer to buy two or three talented players who actually WANT to play for us and who could improve the team.

Mata apparently signed up to a new 3 (three, THREE!!!!!) year deal....a 31-year-old whose legs were gone three years ago; good squad player, nothing else. THREE F-IN YEARS?!? Absolute lunacy.

I despair. I give up. citeh, Liverpool....goodbye. We're done. For as long as these cretins are in control in M16. We're done. :( :thumbdown: :yield:

Never mind a fading heavily indebted club from just outside Manchester.... did you see the Stockport Iniesta's goal for the U21's today..wow

Mr Weeze Jun 24th 2019 3:51 pm

Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread
 
Rafa is gone then. We really are a comedy club masquerading as a football club.

Garbatellamike Jun 24th 2019 5:57 pm

Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread
 

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze (Post 12702084)
Rafa is gone then. We really are a comedy club masquerading as a football club.

You are still better run than Yernited ;):scarper:

Who is in the frame to replace Rafa?


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:32 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.