Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Old Jul 16th 2020, 2:54 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
yeah good call that based on tonight's showing... it shows just how consistently good you have to be to reach 100 points ... Am I allowed to be happy you won't make it?
To be fair it helps if you have someone pushing you, we pretty much had everyone telling us we'd won the league since Christmas. I don't think you'll find too many Liverpool fans who are upset with us losing, we're still all waiting to see us lift the trophy. I'd quite like to see some changes for the remaining matches, putting Minamino in for Firminio to see if he's up to the job or maybe seeing a bit more of Harvey Elliot.

As for the 100 points I'm not too disappointed, considering we didn't sign anyone over the summer I wasn't expecting us to win the league so it's hard to be upset really and it gives us something to aim for still.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

For some strange reason i feel very uncertain which is unusual.come on you saintson the fence with this one
Old Jul 16th 2020, 8:19 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
To be fair it helps if you have someone pushing you, we pretty much had everyone telling us we'd won the league since Christmas. I don't think you'll find too many Liverpool fans who are upset with us losing, we're still all waiting to see us lift the trophy. I'd quite like to see some changes for the remaining matches, putting Minamino in for Firminio to see if he's up to the job or maybe seeing a bit more of Harvey Elliot.

As for the 100 points I'm not too disappointed, considering we didn't sign anyone over the summer I wasn't expecting us to win the league so it's hard to be upset really and it gives us something to aim for still.
No one pushed us either to be frank - we were 19 points clear of Yernited and 25 clear of your lot 2 years back when we got the 100 points. In 17/18 we were told we were winners by October too so that part of your argument is clearly and obviously very very weak but I think you are 100% correct that most Red Scouse fans are not upset.

Last year we pushed each other 98 to 97 and you certainly pushed us to win the last 14 games on the bounce after the disaster at Newcastle to pip you by a point. You won 11 and drew 3 of the last 14... That's pushing each other

Have you confused last year and 2 years ago?

Old Jul 16th 2020, 8:23 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Just out of interest here are 2 records held jointly by Citeh and Yernited...

Biggest title-winning margin: 19 points, 2017–18; Manchester City (100 points) over Manchester United (81 points)
Smallest title-winning margin: 0 points and +8 goal difference – 2011–12; Manchester City (+64) over Manchester United (+56)...... Auguerooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You are currently 18 points clear of Citeh so could take the top one if last 2 games go your way. If you win both games left you can tie the 32 wins recotd held by Citeh and Citeh...

Last edited by Garbatellamike; Jul 16th 2020 at 8:26 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 8:28 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Have you confused last year and 2 years ago?
No, I just forgot United were shit, thought they were closer than that.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 9:15 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
No, I just forgot United were shit, thought they were closer than that.
fair enough
Old Jul 16th 2020, 10:11 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I've been so busy with school stuff I missed the Arsenal game, didnt even know it was on. I had that down as at least a draw, as Chelsea are going to win that games, they need it, to ensure Champions League, Leicester are unlikely to do anything but drop below United, but Chelsea cant take that chance.
Being able to push even after winning is something that this present Liverpool team doesnt have at the moment, so kudos to the City teams that went on and pushed that gap bigger.
Old Jul 16th 2020, 11:04 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
I've been so busy with school stuff I missed the Arsenal game, didnt even know it was on. I had that down as at least a draw, as Chelsea are going to win that games, they need it, to ensure Champions League, Leicester are unlikely to do anything but drop below United, but Chelsea cant take that chance.
Being able to push even after winning is something that this present Liverpool team doesnt have at the moment, so kudos to the City teams that went on and pushed that gap bigger.
thanks for that kind comment and congrats on winning the one you wanted most...

I share your conclusions above but would add that the Foxes vs Yernited game is likely to be winner takes all
Old Jul 17th 2020, 1:43 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Can the shower of shit running the premier league please get off the ****ing fence and find their collective man & lady balls to say that they are not going to approve the Saudi’s buying NUFC? I’m fine with them making that decision, I’m also fine if they bend to the political pressure and say “erm, it’s ok, I guess?” but FFS they can’t just keep their ****ing heads in the sand and pretend it will go away. There’s another ****ing buyer lined up in the event the Saudi deal doesn’t go through, but this has got a long way beyond a ****ing joke.
Old Jul 17th 2020, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze View Post
Can the shower of shit running the premier league please get off the ****ing fence and find their collective man & lady balls to say that they are not going to approve the Saudi’s buying NUFC? I’m fine with them making that decision, I’m also fine if they bend to the political pressure and say “erm, it’s ok, I guess?” but FFS they can’t just keep their ****ing heads in the sand and pretend it will go away. There’s another ****ing buyer lined up in the event the Saudi deal doesn’t go through, but this has got a long way beyond a ****ing joke.
Calm down dear, you will choke on your newcastle brown ale.you have got rid of the fat boy
Old Jul 17th 2020, 2:33 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

No we haven’t...
Old Jul 17th 2020, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Leeds back in the PL. Time to get out the inflatable sheep Besides that non existent club who are not really in Manchester fans are any other fans more despised than the Leeds lot?
Old Jul 17th 2020, 10:37 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Leeds back in the PL. Time to get out the inflatable sheep Besides that non existent club who are not really in Manchester fans are any other fans more despised than the Leeds lot?
Millwall
Old Jul 18th 2020, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Smile Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze View Post
Millwall
Portsmouth!
Old Jul 18th 2020, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

My super 6 predictions
Fulham 3-1 sheff weds
middlesbrough 1-1 cardiff
Swansea 2-0 Bristol city
P.N.E 2-1 Birmingham
Q.P.R 0-1 Millwall
Blackburn 2-i reading
Saints to relegate bournemouth on sunday.Come on you saints

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.