Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Old Jul 13th 2020, 1:29 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Old Jul 13th 2020, 4:33 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Well not seen full judgement but looks like a result.

UEFA mucked it up by appointing a politico to lead the "investigation" who then announced guilt, pronounced sentance based on illegally obtained material and then started his investigation. It was always a witch hunt and not a legally robust investigation.

For the avoidance of doubt ... I think Citeh is probably guilty but they couldn't prove it legally.

FFP is dead - long live fair play and a level playing field .... take that you "Big" clubs and your corrupt UEFA helpers
I reckon they were obviously up to no good and UEFA buggered it up by going in hard on a specific item or reason. A broader, let's investigate and pin it sort of attitude might have thrown up something that stuck.

But then it would in every big club, so none can be made scapegoats.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I'd rather see KDB play in the CL than Harvey Barnes.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 5:16 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Even better news for City is we're extending Lovren's contract unless we sell him this summer. Apparently he's helped us to win the league this season, much in the same way a locked door helps you get in to a building.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 7:53 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I reckon they were obviously up to no good and UEFA buggered it up by going in hard on a specific item or reason. A broader, let's investigate and pin it sort of attitude might have thrown up something that stuck.

But then it would in every big club, so none can be made scapegoats.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I'd rather see KDB play in the CL than Harvey Barnes.
Yeah I think UEFA were very aware that the 5 year statute of limitations was up and rushed the investigation to get it done in time they then tried to link that back to things outside the limitation and they then imposed a disproportionate punishment hoping that CAS would halve it rather than throw it out... It was clearly never going to stand up to even rudimentary legal scruitiny.

As you say Citeh are probably as guilty as a puppy next to a pile of poo but then so are all the Clubs who have huge debts and so are all the clubs who have sold their training grounds and stadium to companies owned by their owners... FFP was initially well intentioned but once they ignored their own provision on excessive debt the hypocrisy and lack of impartiality was clear to see.

The funniest thing is the clown who heads La Liga now suggesting that CAS shouldn't be allowed to decide on football issues because they failed to support the Kangaroo court - IDIOT...

Old Jul 13th 2020, 7:54 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
Even better news for City is we're extending Lovren's contract unless we sell him this summer. Apparently he's helped us to win the league this season, much in the same way a locked door helps you get in to a building.
great news
Old Jul 13th 2020, 7:57 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
UEFA have surely few referees in their pocket and one of them will be used against Real Madrid.
Yep for sure Citeh will be playing vs 12 on the pitch and I suspect the VAR official's guide dog will be given a night off.... UEFA corruption will win out and I predict a 6-0 win for Madrid.....
Old Jul 13th 2020, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Now watch us **** it up today.
See el collado kid that's how to make a prediction.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 10:35 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

See el collado kid that's how to make a prediction.
You called it FL...Fair play

that Yernited vs Foxes game going to be worth watching methinks - winner takes all?

Also like to say what a class act OGS is being interviewed after a bitter disappointment - a credit to your club.

Old Jul 13th 2020, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Chelsea run in. Norwich at home tomorrow should be 3 points. 22 July away at Red Scouse to close to call there again Klopp could field his B team just to piss off Yernited. 26 July home to Wolves again to close to call.
Lesta run in. 26 July home to Sheff Utd another too close to call. 19 July away at Spuds and Mourinho does a Klopp. 26 July home to Yernited.
Yernited run in. 16 July away at Palace. 22 July home to Wet Spam. 26 July away at Lesta.

Every point counts for each club and that's why I take the Gordon Strachan approach. I don't do impressions or predictions
Old Jul 13th 2020, 11:09 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Every point counts for each club and that's why I take the Gordon Strachan approach. I don't do impressions or predictions
yep still a few twists and turns to go yet - you are wise to be cautious
Old Jul 14th 2020, 12:51 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I hope everybody is well and surviving the pandemic.

North London is still white!

Arsenal TV is back to it's very best.

The new normal very much like the old.
Old Jul 14th 2020, 2:19 am
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

22 July away at Red Scouse to close to call there again Klopp could field his B team just to piss off Yernited.
Klopp won't do that, he doesn't care about United, but unfortunately for you we've been shit since the re-start and have nothing to play for so I'd be surprised if Chelsea didn't get at least a point, possibly all 3.
Old Jul 14th 2020, 6:07 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Yeah I think UEFA were very aware that the 5 year statute of limitations was up and rushed the investigation to get it done in time they then tried to link that back to things outside the limitation and they then imposed a disproportionate punishment hoping that CAS would halve it rather than throw it out... It was clearly never going to stand up to even rudimentary legal scruitiny.

As you say Citeh are probably as guilty as a puppy next to a pile of poo but then so are all the Clubs who have huge debts and so are all the clubs who have sold their training grounds and stadium to companies owned by their owners... FFP was initially well intentioned but once they ignored their own provision on excessive debt the hypocrisy and lack of impartiality was clear to see.

The funniest thing is the clown who heads La Liga now suggesting that CAS shouldn't be allowed to decide on football issues because they failed to support the Kangaroo court - IDIOT...
It's blue on blue basically. UEFA should have been well versed in how they'd edge round grey areas or dodge rules - they do it all the time in handling bribes. Hilarious really.

Now watch us **** it up today.
I think a pretty fair result last night? I mean, we edged it in my opinion but the class of player shines through in those two United goals.
Great game to watch though. Chuffed for Obafemi as well, he's working hard and deserves another goal.
Old Jul 14th 2020, 11:02 am
Dunroaming back in UK

It's blue on blue basically. UEFA should have been well versed in how they'd edge round grey areas or dodge rules - they do it all the time in handling bribes. Hilarious really.
yep exactly right, I've been laughing my socks off at UEFA et al and am reminded of one poster on here who was absolutely convinced that CAS would take 2 minutes to convict Citeh.... I suspect he now has a better understanding of the issue

I think a pretty fair result last night? I mean, we edged it in my opinion but the class of player shines through in those two United goals.
Great game to watch though. Chuffed for Obafemi as well, he's working hard and deserves another goal..

I watched your lot vs Yernited on the box and I think a draw was about right, you probably had more possession but they looked very dangerous on the break - in the end you were a little lucky that the most expensive ever British player decided to man mark his own full back rather than your forward - strange move that. Your manager was obviously delighted and OGS took it on the chin with a smile and agreed you deserved a point minimum. Quite a lot to look forward to for Saints next year methinks?

Last edited by Garbatellamike; Jul 14th 2020 at 11:04 am.
Old Jul 14th 2020, 11:08 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
Klopp won't do that, he doesn't care about United, but unfortunately for you we've been shit since the re-start and have nothing to play for so I'd be surprised if Chelsea didn't get at least a point, possibly all 3.
i think Klippety will go full out in all 3 games as he needs to win them all to beat Citeh's points total record - you'll be a long way short of the goals scored but could get the points one.

We have Bornemouth and Norwich at home and Watford away left

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.