Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Old Aug 4th 2019, 5:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Getting technical over which team is actually in Manchester is like moaning about people pissing on the seat. It's still part of the toilet, it's close enough that nobody really cares and it's all shitty round there anyway.
Old Aug 4th 2019, 4:13 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Well that was a game of 2 halves..... Citeh should have been out of sight by half time but only 1-0 and Salah should have scored 4 or 5 in the second half totally dominated by the red scouse. Clownio Bravo probably motm, who'd have thought it..

Charity Shield retained......Happy with that

PS anyone who doubts Walker's defensive ability needs to watch the highlights.....
Old Aug 5th 2019, 2:33 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Well Maguire is in the door - have we overpaid? Yes. Did we need him? Yes.

With both him and Basska added to the backline it looks stronger than it was last year. Still need a central midfielder though.
Old Aug 5th 2019, 3:18 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
Well Maguire is in the door - have we overpaid? Yes. Did we need him? Yes.

With both him and Basska added to the backline it looks stronger than it was last year. Still need a central midfielder though.
It's a lot of money but he's a decent player and only weakness is lack of pace. He'd be a liability playing Klippity's high line but should strengthen Yernited significantly and look at the difference VvD makes to Red Scouse. Good signing but a bit over priced imho.
Old Aug 5th 2019, 3:21 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I agree we've paid too much, but we're in the situation where we have too to entice players and have been for awhile (Sanchez anyone?)

I'd rather we were buying players than stuffing it straight into the owners pockets though, so I guess we'll leave with it.
Old Aug 5th 2019, 3:33 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Oh I agree we've paid too much, but we're in the situation where we have too to entice players and have been for awhile (Sanchez anyone?)

I'd rather we were buying players than stuffing it straight into the owners pockets though, so I guess we'll leave with it.
yes agree with you on that but I suspect the money will just be added to ypur debt mountain and the Gimps will continue to leach money from the club.The Gimps have been paying off debt at 3 million a year, which means that the money they leveraged against your club will be paid back late in 2144.

The irony is that even though the gimps have taken as much out of Yernited as the Sheik has invested into Citeh there are some Reds fans who try and take the moral high ground on football finances....
Old Aug 5th 2019, 3:38 pm
Often not so civil...

I think mostly because United haven't cheated to get that money, they've been legitimately successful in broadening their deals beyond football and into all sorts of weird places. Office Noodle partners etc.

On the other hand City might get booted out of the CL because they were cheating to inflate their income.

Anyway I digress, I am just happy to have a defender that's last name isn't Jones or Smalling
Old Aug 5th 2019, 4:27 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

I think mostly because United haven't cheated to get that money, they've been legitimately successful in broadening their deals beyond football and into all sorts of weird places. Office Noodle partners etc.

On the other hand City might get booted out of the CL because they were cheating to inflate their income.

Anyway I digress, I am just happy to have a defender that's last name isn't Jones or Smalling
I think loading the club with half a billion debt so you can buy the club is cheating.

It's all gone a bit quiet on the CL ban front after the disgraceful leak on FA Cup final day and the subsequent action by Citeh's lawyers. Nothing has been heard since June and I think UEFA's mistake in appointing a politician to lead the investigative panel who then behaved like a politician and not like an impartial assessor has bitten them......

If FFP was actually fair rather than protection for the elite then UEFA might be on stronger legal ground but then they'd have to ban Real, Barca, Yernited too and that won't happen........... I still expect a transfer ban like Barca and Chelski for the tapping up of kids for the academy but am not concerned about the leaks from an Ex Belgique politician who has failed to conduct a fair and impartial review and has compounded that by leaking a partially-concluded confidential investigation on the day we won the Treble in a blatant attempt to undermine the success of our club.
Old Aug 5th 2019, 4:30 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

yeah can see that. Smalling has never lived up to his promise and I have been constantly amazed that Jones is in the Yernited and England squads
Old Aug 5th 2019, 4:38 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

This was the last thing I saw in early June...
Manchester City is disappointed, but regrettably not surprised, by the sudden announcement of the referral to be made by the CFCB chief investigator Yves Leterme. The leaks to media over the last week are indicative of the process that has been overseen by Mr Leterme.

“Manchester City is entirely confident of a positive outcome when the matter is considered by an independent judicial body. The accusation of financial irregularities remains entirely false and the CFCB referral ignores a comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence provided by Manchester City to the chamber. The decision contains mistakes, misinterpretations and confusions fundamentally borne out of a basic lack of due process and there remain significant unresolved matters raised by Manchester City as part of what the club has found to be a wholly unsatisfactory, curtailed, and hostile process.”
Old Aug 5th 2019, 4:52 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Prediction time:

Top 6:
Relegated:
Where will your team finish:
First Manager to be sacked:
Top scorer
Signing of the summer:
Biggest flop:
Most number of swears in a single Scamp post:
Biggest controversy:
Old Aug 5th 2019, 5:08 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Top 6:
Yernited
Spurs
Arsenal
Chelski
Red Scouse
Blue Scouse

Relegated:
Citeh
Horse punchers
Norwich

Where will your team finish:
bottom 3

First Manager to be sacked:
Bruce

Top scorer
Kane

Signing of the summer:
Kean by blue scouse

Biggest flop:
Sanchez, Sanchez or Sanchez

Most number of swears in a single Scamp post:

Biggest controversy:
FFP

Old Aug 5th 2019, 5:12 pm
Often not so civil...

Top 6: City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, United, Everton.

Relegated: Brighton, Sheff Utd, Norwich

Where will your team finish: 5th or 6th

First Manager to be sacked: Steve Bruce

Top scorer: Kane.

Signing of the summer: I'm going for bargain of the season - Delph

Biggest flop: Pepe, because Arsenal don't spend alot of money without wasting it

Most number of swears in a single Scamp post: Who cares

Biggest controversy: VAR. What is and isn't a penalty this week?
Old Aug 5th 2019, 5:16 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Most number of swears in a single Scamp post: Who cares
Oh come on this is one of the best bits of this thread...
Old Aug 5th 2019, 5:28 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

so last 8 domestic trophies

League Cup Citeh
FA Cup Chelski
PL Citeh
Charity Shield Citeh
League Cup Citeh
FA Cup Citeh
PL Citeh
Charity Shield Citeh

who'd have thought it? Not in my lifetime

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.