Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Old Feb 13th 2020, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze View Post
Your last Vegas trip coming back to haunt you?
Oh Mr Weeze how do we know you have not crono virus
Old Feb 13th 2020, 6:26 pm
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
Oh Mr Weeze how do we know you have not crono virus
Because he only drinks Newcastle Brown......
Old Feb 13th 2020, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
I was waiting for someone to notice I live in Wales
I did and notice that your location is in violation of the rules as its not in English. I know Cymru means Wales but all the other stuff is just vowels and letters. I even know the double Ll means clan.

17. Language of Use
The language of use for this site is to be English only. Any “discussions” on this site should be in English, and any “discussions” comprising of a different language (or excessive text speech) will be removed. Exceptions to this rule are small one line inclusions of when it is deemed appropriate: such as language questions/discussions in the Italy forum, for example.
Old Feb 13th 2020, 10:57 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

I was waiting for someone to notice I live in Wales
we noticed but were far to polite to mention it 😎
Old Feb 14th 2020, 2:03 am

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
I did and notice that your location is in violation of the rules as its not in English. I know Cymru means Wales but all the other stuff is just vowels and letters. I even know the double Ll means clan.

17. Language of Use
The language of use for this site is to be English only. Any “discussions” on this site should be in English, and any “discussions” comprising of a different language (or excessive text speech) will be removed. Exceptions to this rule are small one line inclusions of when it is deemed appropriate: such as language questions/discussions in the Italy forum, for example.
Where have I used the Welsh language in discussions?

Would you like me to change it?
Old Feb 14th 2020, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Where have I used the Welsh language in discussions?

Would you like me to change it?
Well if you change it does your location now read Ryhl
Old Feb 14th 2020, 10:25 am

Well if you change it does your location now read Ryhl
No, and it's Rhyl. R-H-Y-L.
Old Feb 14th 2020, 10:37 am

The article's 6 years old, but it never ages......

Man Utd fans back HS2 for making it easier to get from London to Manchester

Man Utd fans back HS2

According to Simon Williams, secretary of MUFC Season Ticket Holders Guild, “This new rail line will make access to home games so much easier for our members.”

“Currently it takes me over three hours to get from Wimbledon to Old Trafford on match days, add in a couple of hours at the ground and the return journey and that’s basically the whole day gone.

“The new high-speed route will cut about an hour out of each journey, making it far more feasible for fans from Man Utd strongholds such as Tunbridge Wells and Hemel Hempstead to make the trip.

“Without doubt, the possibility of travelling up in a Eurostar-style first class compartment would appeal to your average Man Utd fan.

“If they can provide some sort of Lexus-only parking at Euston, that would be even better.”

Asked to consider the negative aspects of the proposal, Williams was concise, “The only downside I can envisage is that eating on the train might result in a fall in demand for prawn sandwiches at the ground.

“But I’m sure the club could balance the books by introducing another kit or something.”
Old Feb 14th 2020, 11:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The article's 6 years old, but it never ages......

Man Utd fans back HS2 for making it easier to get from London to Manchester
It does make you wonder if thousands of Mancunians or those say in a surrounding 30 mile radius all moved down Sarf for jobs and better pay or just that the Sarf has shit teams so they need to travel Oop North to see decent football.
I don't think for one moment you are suggesting they are glory hunting fans who in 2 seasons will be following Liverpool instead.
Old Feb 14th 2020, 11:52 am

It does make you wonder if thousands of Mancunians or those say in a surrounding 30 mile radius all moved down Sarf for jobs and better pay or just that the Sarf has shit teams so they need to travel Oop North to see decent football.
I don't think for one moment you are suggesting they are glory hunting fans who in 2 seasons will be following Liverpool instead.
I was thinking the former. They need those high-paying jobs to be able to afford the prawn sandwiches and the kit prices these days.
Old Feb 14th 2020, 6:46 pm

You're damn right it'll be appealed.....

Manchester City banned from European club competitions for two seasons by Uefa

Manchester City have been banned from European club competition for the next two seasons after being found to have committed "serious breaches" of Uefa's club licensing and financial fair play regulations.The reigning Premier League champions have also been fined 30m euros (£25m).

The decision is subject to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
Old Feb 14th 2020, 7:00 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
old news.. a deal was done whereby Citeh accepted a fine, lots of which was suspended, in return for not taking UEFA to court for implementing regulations that contravene european law.

Citeh has been clear that any penalty awarded as a result of Yves Leterme's hatchet job will go to court.

The fact Leterme elected to smear Citeh on the day of the Treble triumph is telling.
I didn't think it was old news when I posted that link earlier. I mean, it wasn't a new case...what it was, was something very damning about revelations since the original deal.

You may remember there was a relatively recent report - maybe in the daily mail? - that it had all been resolved and nothing was going to happen.

That new bit of information in the article I posted suggested that was far from the case and this latest news confirms it.

Last edited by BristolUK; Feb 14th 2020 at 7:04 pm. Reason: emphasis
Old Feb 14th 2020, 7:03 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Yes for sure and interesting that this came out on the same day as the hacker who illegally obtained the "evidence" was sent for trial.

not that worried
Old Feb 14th 2020, 7:05 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I didn't think it was old news when I posted that link earlier. I mean, it wasn't a new case...what it was, was something very damning about revelations since the original deal.

You may remember there was a relatively recent report - maybe in the daily mail? - that it had all been resolved and nothing was going to happen.

That new bit of information in the article I posted suggested that was far from the case and this latest news confirms it.
I stand by what I said, hatchet job and heading for a proper impartial hearing. Please note point above about hacker who provided new info....
Old Feb 14th 2020, 7:14 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Yes for sure and interesting that this came out on the same day as the hacker who illegally obtained the "evidence" was sent for trial.
Isn't that a bit of a smokescreen? The guy has been inn custody since March last year and was charged with a bunch of offences last September.

It looks like a day between the two announcements after losing some sort of appeal too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.