Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Old Jan 12th 2020, 6:44 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Ake, Smith and Cook all back from injury, none of them look great today. King still off and Ramsdale out with something minor. Think Ramsdale has been B'mth's best player this season, unfortunately looks as though the players and the club have given up.
There's still half the season left, you only need 1 win to be out of the relegation zone, way too early to give up.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Or they're trying to keep him fresh until the Euros.......
Huh? I can’t see Maureen happily benching him for the sake of the England team.

or are you being sarky?
Old Jan 12th 2020, 9:27 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowroom View Post
Huh? I can’t see Maureen happily benching him for the sake of the England team.

or are you being sarky?
I was indeed being sarky
Old Jan 12th 2020, 10:44 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell, Scamp! I've just seen the PL table.

If you lot beat Wolves next weekend, and Palace lose against Man City, Spurs lose against Watford, Arsenal lose against Sheff Utd, and Everton lose against West Ham, you'll be 8th in the league. It's a bit of a stretch, but all those other teams losing is possible given some of the performances this season.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

yellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond reputeyellowroom has a reputation beyond repute

I was indeed being sarky
Well my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle
Old Jan 13th 2020, 1:46 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I was indeed being sarky
I had assumed your 'they' was in reference to the England side of things because obviously Spurs wouldn't omit him if picking was a choice.
Old Jan 13th 2020, 5:29 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
So you don't like him then?
He just doesn't come across very well on the pitch. A bit like Grealish. Might be wonderful people in normal life though.

Never watched such a sad game of football as I watched today, and I watch Spurs every week!!

A crucial 6 pointer game, and the players just didn't want it, stupid mistake after stupid mistake and giving the ball away at every opportunity. Some young lad from the academy was subbed on and he was the best player on the pitch for B'mth. He ran around looking to pass the ball and the rest of the team stood around like statues. Very sad day for the Cherries, if they survive another season in the prem, it will be a miracle.
I had this on in the background whilst doing a puzzle (I know, I know, coolest guy on the thread). It was embarrassing at times, commentators didn't let up either. I hope Eddie Howe doesn't get sacked but have to agree with the lovely Richard Keys that if the management aren't at least considering it an option then they should be.

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze View Post
I’m gonna keep banging on about it. I know the term has become common to mean destroying another team, and it appears all the time in gaming chat. But, if you know someone who has actually been raped you would never ever use that word in a sporting context, nor would you keep quiet when others do.
Good point, I mean no harm or upset.
Something I'd never considered before in sport, if taken literally most words for a particularly strong performance could be upsetting to someone - "we murdered / battered / destroyed / killed / hammered / bullied them"

Bloody hell, Scamp! I've just seen the PL table.

If you lot beat Wolves next weekend, and Palace lose against Man City, Spurs lose against Watford, Arsenal lose against Sheff Utd, and Everton lose against West Ham, you'll be 8th in the league. It's a bit of a stretch, but all those other teams losing is possible given some of the performances this season.
We're flying mate. I have a screenshot with a mate of our fixtures starting at Chelsea. We predicted the results below:

Chelsea - 0 points
Palace - 1 point
Spuds - 1 point
Leicester - 0 points
Wolves - 1
Palace - 1
Liverpool - 0
Burnley - 3
Villa - 3

What's most worrying about this was that we weren't going to win until mid-Feb at home to Burnley.

Still, instead, we'd predicted 2 points by now and we've picked up 10.
Wolves is probs still a draw, Palace away the same, Liverpool we'll lose (I'll bet on a win though). So we could be cementing a solid and comfortable league position by then.

I want us to compete with the top of the premier league B teams and be pushing for that 7th/8th spot title.

Then again, we lose a few and we're back in it with the likes of ****ing Brighton.
Old Jan 13th 2020, 8:26 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post

I had this on in the background whilst doing a puzzle (I know, I know, coolest guy on the thread). It was embarrassing at times, commentators didn't let up either. I hope Eddie Howe doesn't get sacked but have to agree with the lovely Richard Keys that if the management aren't at least considering it an option then they should be.

I think if Eddie goes it will be a case of him resigning. The club and the fans have a great love for him, after all it was him who got them into the prem.

Truth is his tactics have become predictable and are clearly not working. But not sure if there is anyone who could replace him and do a better job in keeping Bournemouth up, bearing in mind the current squad and the fact that many aren't 100% fit.

Eddie is a top bloke with loyalty and integrity and a passion for the Cherries, he will be devastated by yesterday's game and will want to do everything that is possible to change the current state of play, I personally think B'mth should hold on to him and see if he can do enough to keep them up.
Old Jan 13th 2020, 9:09 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

I think if Eddie goes it will be a case of him resigning. The club and the fans have a great love for him, after all it was him who got them into the prem.

Truth is his tactics have become predictable and are clearly not working. But not sure if there is anyone who could replace him and do a better job in keeping Bournemouth up, bearing in mind the current squad and the fact that many aren't 100% fit.

Eddie is a top bloke with loyalty and integrity and a passion for the Cherries, he will be devastated by yesterday's game and will want to do everything that is possible to change the current state of play, I personally think B'mth should hold on to him and see if he can do enough to keep them up.
I agree they should keep hold of him, I just think the option of sacking him shouldn't be off the table completely. The premier league is worth more than loyalty, in today's game anyway.

Eddie's a top coach and deserves the time to turn it around once injuries reduce. I think they'll stay up, but it'll be tight.
Old Jan 13th 2020, 9:18 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowroom View Post
Presumably Kane’s hamstring will be the new “Beckham’s metatarsal” in the preparation of England in the build up to the Euros
maybe in the media but in reality Kane is a much greater loss to England
Old Jan 13th 2020, 9:33 am
WWLLCJD?

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
maybe in the media but in reality Kane is a much greater loss to England
He's no loss at all because we've got Saint Danny of Ings the goal machine.....unless of course the big club bias continues to exist, in which case we'll have Lingard up front.

Last edited by Scamp; Jan 13th 2020 at 9:34 am. Reason: .
Old Jan 13th 2020, 9:37 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

He's no loss at all because we've got Saint Danny of Ings the goal machine.....unless of course the big club bias continues to exist, in which case we'll have Lingard up front.
Ings deserves a chance for sure
Old Jan 13th 2020, 9:49 am
So long...

Ings deserves a chance for sure
How many strikers would England have in the squad?

I'd pick Kane (if fit), Vardy, Ings (if his form continues), and Rashford. Sterling in midfield.
Old Jan 13th 2020, 9:52 am
Dunroaming back in UK

How many strikers would England have in the squad?

I'd pick Kane (if fit), Vardy, Ings (if his form continues), and Rashford. Sterling in midfield.
good call that

Anyway I've now put Ings into my FF team so he'll immediately become pants
Old Jan 13th 2020, 10:13 am
So long...

good call that

Anyway I've now put Ings into my FF team so he'll immediately become pants
Ings has been in mine a while now.... If you've jinxed him, I'm gonna start singing.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.