Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Old Jan 10th 2020, 5:16 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2019-2020 Football Thread

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
Of course you can, you buy the player then the player they're replacing loses their place
I was talking about the situation with new squad restrictions. If the places are filled - the squad having been registered by the various deadlines according to which competition - there is no room for the new signing.

If a player is sold to make room for the new signing then one in-one out means the club is not hoarding.

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
The very fact they were in the squad was their chance, if we didn't have the space due to size limitations they wouldn't even be in the squad so they had more of a chance.
The point is they'd have gone somewhere else and played there instead.
Old Jan 10th 2020, 5:20 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowroom View Post
Presumably Kane’s hamstring will be the new “Beckham’s metatarsal” in the preparation of England in the build up to the Euros
Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Or they're trying to keep him fresh until the Euros.......
That's more likely. Could be an important rest for him with the bonus of Southgate having to look at alternatives.
Old Jan 11th 2020, 4:56 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

So now we are through the Christmas fixtures, how is everyone feeling. I know Scamp will be bouncing, I’m happy enough we’re staying out of the trouble zone especially given the injuries we have been picking up. Everyone else is melting away from Liverpool, it is theirs to lose now and if they did it would be a choke of epic proportions - I don’t think anyone sees it happening.
Old Jan 11th 2020, 5:19 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze View Post
So now we are through the Christmas fixtures, how is everyone feeling. I know Scamp will be bouncing, I’m happy enough we’re staying out of the trouble zone especially given the injuries we have been picking up. Everyone else is melting away from Liverpool, it is theirs to lose now and if they did it would be a choke of epic proportions - I don’t think anyone sees it happening.
I am almost ready to say that 2020 is our year.
Old Jan 11th 2020, 5:28 pm
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
I am almost ready to say that 2020 is our year.
You just said it.......
Old Jan 11th 2020, 7:16 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Spurs would be able to choke it no probs!
Old Jan 12th 2020, 5:42 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
If every ManU player demonstrated the same attitude and determination Ashley Young does, they'd be top four.
I sort of see where you're coming from based on workrate and some ability.....but also, respectfully, disagree. He can be a right ****. Divey, cheaty, whiny, moany, shouty sort of in-the-refs-ear-the-whole-game sort of ****.

On top of the world Mr Weeze. As far as I can see, Norwich are gone, Bournemouth have enough quality to stay up but need to get some results soon, Burnley might be in trouble, Brighton could slip, Watford and Villa are both in with a shout of the drop but WHU, Newcastle, Saints, Everton and Arsenal are probably OK now, have enough quality and should be fine.

I pray, daily, for the Liverpool collapse but I just can't see it happening so I'm transitioning to just enjoying them rape everyone that turns up to play them. It's pretty impressive, even if their fans don't deserve it.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I sort of see where you're coming from based on workrate and some ability.....but also, respectfully, disagree. He can be a right ****. Divey, cheaty, whiny, moany, shouty sort of in-the-refs-ear-the-whole-game sort of ****.

Ashley Young born in Stevenage Hertfordshire 28 miles north of London. Says it all then.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 10:28 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Ashley Young born in Stevenage Hertfordshire 28 miles north of London. Says it all then.
Yeah, it's kind of an empty void isn't it? He probably grew up thinking he was a Londoner, which explains the cuntish behaviour.
Then moved North and perfected the whingy / moany / woe-is-me sort of chip on his shoulder.

Old Jan 12th 2020, 1:36 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I sort of see where you're coming from based on workrate and some ability.....but also, respectfully, disagree. He can be a right ****. Divey, cheaty, whiny, moany, shouty sort of in-the-refs-ear-the-whole-game sort of ****..
So you don't like him then?
Old Jan 12th 2020, 2:31 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

I’m gonna keep banging on about it. I know the term has become common to mean destroying another team, and it appears all the time in gaming chat. But, if you know someone who has actually been raped you would never ever use that word in a sporting context, nor would you keep quiet when others do.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 2:52 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I’m gonna keep banging on about it. I know the term has become common to mean destroying another team, and it appears all the time in gaming chat. But, if you know someone who has actually been raped you would never ever use that word in a sporting context, nor would you keep quiet when others do.
+1
Old Jan 12th 2020, 5:07 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Never watched such a sad game of football as I watched today, and I watch Spurs every week!!

A crucial 6 pointer game, and the players just didn't want it, stupid mistake after stupid mistake and giving the ball away at every opportunity. Some young lad from the academy was subbed on and he was the best player on the pitch for B'mth. He ran around looking to pass the ball and the rest of the team stood around like statues. Very sad day for the Cherries, if they survive another season in the prem, it will be a miracle.

Old Jan 12th 2020, 5:35 pm
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Never watched such a sad game of football as I watched today, and I watch Spurs every week!!

A crucial 6 pointer game, and the players just didn't want it, stupid mistake after stupid mistake and giving the ball away at every opportunity. Some young lad from the academy was subbed on and he was the best player on the pitch for B'mth. He ran around looking to pass the ball and the rest of the team stood around like statues. Very sad day for the Cherries, if they survive another season in the prem, it will be a miracle.
When do their players start coming back from injury? When they're back at full strength, I think things will improve.

Bournemouth only have to finish above 2 out of the following; Aston Villa, West Ham, Burnley, Brighton and Newcastle... I think Norwich are done unless things change, and I think Watford will stay up.
Old Jan 12th 2020, 5:49 pm
Grace and gratitude

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
When do their players start coming back from injury? When they're back at full strength, I think things will improve.

Bournemouth only have to finish above 2 out of the following; Aston Villa, West Ham, Burnley, Brighton and Newcastle... I think Norwich are done unless things change, and I think Watford will stay up.
Ake, Smith and Cook all back from injury, none of them look great today. King still off and Ramsdale out with something minor. Think Ramsdale has been B'mth's best player this season, unfortunately looks as though the players and the club have given up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.