Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2018-2019 Football Thread

The 2018-2019 Football Thread

Old Jun 1st 2019, 11:34 am
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2018-2019 Football Thread

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
I assume you aren't asking Mike, Scamp, DLD and Zargie as I am pretty sure their teams haven't played in a CL final
Old Jun 1st 2019, 11:49 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
was that the one where your goalie got sent off early doors?
Old Jun 1st 2019, 11:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
touche..

We've been too busy winning everything everything at home instead. I can cope with missing out on 1 trophy especially given the bias some in UEFA have against us.

Don't start relying on your history to make points as that makes you as bad as many scousers.....
You get to a certain age where you don't care anymore to the extent where you prefer not to look back on history and throw it in peoples faces. Yes its nice to remember the good and bad times but its today and the future that is important.
Being away from the UK and getting older you lose that passion you once had about your club even though you still watch them on TV. Although its great to see 2 x EPL clubs in tonights final I am more interested in the result for Sunday nights game of the NBA finals and hoping the Raptors make it 2-0. Yup how sad am I getting.
Nothing would please me more than having the Scousers going in 4-0 at half time only to lose 5-4 to a last minute own goal by Lovren.
Old Jun 1st 2019, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Sorry my memory didn't even register that one admittedly like a few others and the ones in 2009 and 2011 that I prefer not to remember. Never knew Bayer Leverkusen had also made it to a final.
Old Jun 1st 2019, 12:09 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

No idea. Your lot thoroughly deserve to be there so do everyone a favour and win the thing
Dipper fans acting like they've already won, written us off already. Drinking all my tea and coffee out my 'I heart Spurs' mug today.

Just start praying to all your gods!
Old Jun 1st 2019, 12:15 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
You get to a certain age where you don't care anymore to the extent where you prefer not to look back on history and throw it in peoples faces. Yes its nice to remember the good and bad times but its today and the future that is important.
Being away from the UK and getting older you lose that passion you once had about your club even though you still watch them on TV. Although its great to see 2 x EPL clubs in tonights final I am more interested in the result for Sunday nights game of the NBA finals and hoping the Raptors make it 2-0. Yup how sad am I getting.
Nothing would please me more than having the Scousers going in 4-0 at half time only to lose 5-4 to a last minute own goal by Lovren.
agree all that not that Citeh had any good times for 35 years to look back on
Old Jun 1st 2019, 12:17 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Dipper fans acting like they've already won, written us off already. Drinking all my tea and coffee out my 'I heart Spurs' mug today.

Just start praying to all your gods!
COYS
Old Jun 1st 2019, 2:37 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

was that the one where your goalie got sent off early doors?
Yup. Almunia picked rhe ball up outside the area.
Old Jun 1st 2019, 3:58 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I hope they get the VAR set up in Madrid.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48483152
Old Jun 1st 2019, 7:13 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand why B/R Sports experts are basketball players, they even flew a a random basketball player over there to show him around, at least LeBron owns part of Liverpool, this Trae Young fella doesn't even know who the clubs are.
Old Jun 1st 2019, 8:05 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Well that's not a penalty in my book.
Old Jun 1st 2019, 8:38 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
Well that's not a penalty in my book.
it is under UEFA var like Yernited's vs PSG and the ones given for and against Citeh in earlier rounds
Old Jun 1st 2019, 8:52 pm
You aint seen me, right?

it is under UEFA var like Yernited's vs PSG and the ones given for and against Citeh in earlier rounds
It looked like Mane deliberately aimed at his arm to me, granted he shouldn't have had it stuck out like that but I'd still say it's very harsh.

Old Jun 1st 2019, 8:59 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately true!

Get Lucas on!!
Old Jun 1st 2019, 9:26 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Get Lucas on!!
yep and get Winks off

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.