Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2018-2019 Football Thread

The 2018-2019 Football Thread

Old May 29th 2019, 11:11 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2018-2019 Football Thread

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Very disappointed mate.
yeah hard lines mate, keep your chin up
Old May 30th 2019, 6:38 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Could be a draw actually.

I think Arsenal will be pumped for it and have certainly got the quality to hurt Chelsea.

I think Chelsea are probably a better side. Depends which Hazard turns up I suppose.
Scampstradamus is a ****ing fraud.

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
Considering Arsenal had a decent start it became very one sided.
I said that to the old man at half time, it's been all Arsenal but they haven't really had any actual chances.

Unlucky DLD mate, Iwobi's goal was spectacular so take that tiny positive?
Old May 30th 2019, 9:28 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

I said that to the old man at half time, it's been all Arsenal but they haven't really had any actual chances.
yeah I noted Ars had no shots on target in the first half and wonder whether Chelski concluded that there wasn't much threat and they could go for the jugular after the break
Old May 30th 2019, 9:45 am
Dunroaming back in UK

so 20 years ago today I was at Wembley watching the League One Playoff final vs Gillingham..... things have got a bit better since.....
Old May 30th 2019, 9:55 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Where's SW6 aka 'Champions of Europe'??

Anyway, now we have the piddly cup out of the way, we can look forward to the proper one! Already starting to feel nervous, this is so big for us Spurs fans, winning would be unreal, but just to be in a CL final knocking out City and Ajax on the way, is really enough for me, I don't think I've ever looked forward to a football match more!

So other than Spoogle and Kimi, who are you all supporting in this one?
Old May 30th 2019, 10:30 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post

Anyway, now we have the piddly cup out of the way, we can look forward to the proper one! Already starting to feel nervous, this is so big for us Spurs fans, winning would be unreal, but just to be in a CL final knocking out City and Ajax on the way, is really enough for me, I don't think I've ever looked forward to a football match more!

I'm supporting Spurs, for a number of reasons:

1. **** Liverpool and their awful, horrid, disgraceful fans.
2. Spurs fans clearly appreciate this more which is cute.
3. Underdogs'r'us. It's who we all want to win.
4. Liverpool's fans - they're ***** and don't deserve joy.
5. Spurs would be a real shake up to the Champions League elite. The last time a non-monster won it, maybe Porto? It just doesn't happen.
6. Liverpool's fans - the whinging victims deserve to suffer.

I reckon that covers it.

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
yeah I noted Ars had no shots on target in the first half and wonder whether Chelski concluded that there wasn't much threat and they could go for the jugular after the break
You think you had it rough? We finished the '99 season in 17th, staying up by the skin of our teeth. We were in the relegation zone from game 2 to game 35. Escaping by winning the last 3 - I think mostly thanks to Beattie, Pahars and maybe Le God. Certainly no thanks to Dave Jones the kiddy fiddler. Anyway it just helped to cement the love an 11 year old Scamp had for one of the shittest teams in England.

Old May 30th 2019, 4:09 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Arsenal don't really have any players to fear, I didn't see Lacazette or Aubameyang do anything at all yesterday and they should never have signed Ozil as he never wanted to leave Madrid. The last player they had that had me worried was Sanchez and he rarely did anything against us either. Who knows though, maybe with all the players they have leaving on free transfers they'll free up some funds and get a world beater, or better yet a decent physio so their players don't spend so much time injured.Could be worse though, they could've still been paying Wilshire a wage for the 7 or 8 games he played this season, and they call scousers theives.

Old May 30th 2019, 5:37 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

COYS.... clearly
Old May 30th 2019, 5:40 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

I'm supporting Spurs, for a number of reasons:

1. **** Liverpool and their awful, horrid, disgraceful fans.
2. Spurs fans clearly appreciate this more which is cute.
3. Underdogs'r'us. It's who we all want to win.
4. Liverpool's fans - they're ***** and don't deserve joy.
5. Spurs would be a real shake up to the Champions League elite. The last time a non-monster won it, maybe Porto? It just doesn't happen.
6. Liverpool's fans - the whinging victims deserve to suffer.

I reckon that covers it.
Hmm that looks like a near perfect analysis to me although the scousers on here are pretty decent types compared to the rest of them....
Old May 30th 2019, 5:44 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

You think you had it rough? We finished the '99 season in 17th, staying up by the skin of our teeth. We were in the relegation zone from game 2 to game 35. Escaping by winning the last 3 - I think mostly thanks to Beattie, Pahars and maybe Le God. Certainly no thanks to Dave Jones the kiddy fiddler. Anyway it just helped to cement the love an 11 year old Scamp had for one of the shittest teams in England.
17th in the PL was some 30 places higher than us.....
Old May 30th 2019, 5:49 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Was the Europa Cup TV crappy, it seemed to have a very wide field of view most of the time. Very far back leaving the players looking like ants.
Old Jun 1st 2019, 8:32 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Match day! Didn’t sleep much last night, can’t eat, is this what it feels like to be in a CL final?
Old Jun 1st 2019, 10:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Match day! Didn’t sleep much last night, can’t eat, is this what it feels like to be in a CL final?
I assume you aren't asking Mike, Scamp, DLD and Zargie as I am pretty sure their teams haven't played in a CL final
Old Jun 1st 2019, 10:50 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
I assume you aren't asking Mike, Scamp, DLD and Zargie as I am pretty sure their teams haven't played in a CL final
touche..

We've been too busy winning everything everything at home instead. I can cope with missing out on 1 trophy especially given the bias some in UEFA have against us.

Don't start relying on your history to make points as that makes you as bad as many scousers.....
Old Jun 1st 2019, 10:51 am
Dunroaming back in UK

No idea. Your lot thoroughly deserve to be there so do everyone a favour and win the thing

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.