Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

The 2018-2019 Football Thread

The 2018-2019 Football Thread

Old Apr 9th 2019, 10:18 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2018-2019 Football Thread

so it seems Kane has now apologised for the foul on Delph and explained he was trying to block the ball and not tackle him but he slipped and clattered Delph accidently.......
Old Apr 9th 2019, 11:09 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
nicely balanced Pommy as an away goal for you makes it difficult for us

anyway I think I'll go and have a pint of whatever James has been drinking
Just having an Apres beer now! Up snowboarding at Big White in Kelowna, British Colombia.

You're spot on. I think if Spurs get an away goal it will make for an interesting tie. City still favourites in my opinion.

Delighted to win back to back games in the new stadium. Confidence nicely restored for the run in.

Shame about Kane who was an excellent today at drawing fouls from your defenders. It is a squad game though.
Old Apr 10th 2019, 4:49 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

so it seems Kane has now apologised for the foul on Delph and explained he was trying to block the ball and not tackle him but he slipped and clattered Delph accidently.......
Let us all help Delph is barred from playing for Engerland and other than in a City shirt we never see him again.

Old Apr 10th 2019, 7:12 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
Just having an Apres beer now! Up snowboarding at Big White in Kelowna, British Colombia.

You're spot on. I think if Spurs get an away goal it will make for an interesting tie. City still favourites in my opinion.

Delighted to win back to back games in the new stadium. Confidence nicely restored for the run in.

Shame about Kane who was an excellent today at drawing fouls from your defenders. It is a squad game though.
you were better when he went off, Erikssen was much better then and ran the game.

Kane did indeed dive quite a lot exaggerating contact as did Alli, I think they were smartly managing the ref. If Mahrez had done the same when Rose was puulling his arm I suspect the stonewall pen would have been given.....

I'd never pick Delph for England but Kane injured himself and it was 100% not Delph's fault

Last edited by Garbatellamike; Apr 10th 2019 at 7:15 am.
Old Apr 10th 2019, 5:26 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

apparantly the ref saw Fernandinho elbow Kane and decided it was not worthy of a card.....
Old Apr 10th 2019, 7:29 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

apparantly the ref saw Fernandinho elbow Kane and decided it was not worthy of a card.....
Doesn't look that bad to me, I can't get much force hitting with my elbow like that.

I'm more surprised by Salah's challenge yesterday not getting him a red but the fella he tackled didn't even react to it, just got up and carried on as if he never felt it.

Old Apr 10th 2019, 10:08 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like all the ties could go either way at the moment then with both Ajax and United playing well away in their last leg so they can both come back from the away goals they conceded.
Old Apr 11th 2019, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
Looks like all the ties could go either way at the moment then with both Ajax and United playing well away in their last leg so they can both come back from the away goals they conceded.
I thought United did a pretty good job last night. Some stand out performances (McT and Fred - finally). Mike Smalling also deserves a mention for his #smallingchop. Unfortunate deflection for the OG and all in all Barca didn't threaten too much. Shame Dalot didn't nail his gift of a header. Ref was woeful though. Gives a free kick for handball against Shaw when the ball is blasted at his hand (by his side) from a metre away but waves another away when Coutinho jumps with his hands in the air from 10m away. Barca really do have the rub of the green every time. Not sure how Biscuits managed to stay on the field. All in all though not the sh1teshow I was expecting and all to play for in the second leg.
Old Apr 11th 2019, 4:50 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
I thought United did a pretty good job last night. Some stand out performances (McT and Fred - finally). Mike Smalling also deserves a mention for his #smallingchop. Unfortunate deflection for the OG and all in all Barca didn't threaten too much. Shame Dalot didn't nail his gift of a header. Ref was woeful though. Gives a free kick for handball against Shaw when the ball is blasted at his hand (by his side) from a metre away but waves another away when Coutinho jumps with his hands in the air from 10m away. Barca really do have the rub of the green every time. Not sure how Biscuits managed to stay on the field. All in all though not the sh1teshow I was expecting and all to play for in the second leg.
yeah good summary that's how I saw it. You have a puncher's chance over there so best to go for it....
Old Apr 13th 2019, 4:21 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

• 16 Southampton 33 -15 36
  • 17 Brighton 32 -19 33
  • 18 Cardiff 33 -35 28
  • 19 Fulham 34 -44 20
  • 20 Huddersfield 34 -48 14

looking good Scamp.............
Old Apr 13th 2019, 5:17 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

• 17 Brighton 32 -19 33
  • 18 Cardiff 33 -35 28
  • 19 Fulham 34 -44 20

Think Scampi is busy getting hitched?

A very pleasing weekend football wise, the gin will flow tonight!
Old Apr 13th 2019, 5:21 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post

yeah 41 points for Cherries and a good win for Spurs, enjoy the gin
Old Apr 13th 2019, 5:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I guess when Yernited now get a penalty and Pogba steps up there is now not enough time to make a cup of tea
Old Apr 13th 2019, 5:38 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

yeah 41 points for Cherries and a good win for Spurs, enjoy the gin
West Ham have just equalised against Man U getting better by the minute!
Old Apr 14th 2019, 7:11 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

• 17 Brighton 32 -19 33
  • 18 Cardiff 33 -35 28
  • 19 Fulham 34 -44 20

We're pretty much safe now, thanks to the Alpine Klopp.

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post

Not yet my dear, there's still time to steal me. In fact, it's not for flippin' ages we marry but that's by the by.

Managed to get tickets to the Liverpool game, was a fantastic atmosphere thanks to the home fans who - weirdly - were loud throughout when normally we're pretty quiet. Liverpool fans were atrocious and managed to set the record for the most ambulances used at a Premier League game (according my Sister who volunteers for St Johns). It even included punching and stamping on a lady Saints fan from some Liverpool fans in the home section. Lovely people.

Anyway, enough about that selection of scum, the rest of the fans from Liverpool were silent for a lot of the game but the last 10 mins when winning, they were pretty incredible. That allez allez allez song was awesome to hear and see live and even though it was Liverpool it was still great to see a team and fans celebrate an important win.

Moving on to yesterday, think we survived thanks to those 3 points. We were battered by Wolves but held firm. Probably lucky they were deflated and tired from FA Cup exploits perhaps but still, great result and they're the kind of team we want to be competing with in the future.

Arise Saint Hassenhuttl.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.