Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

2018/19 Football transfer rumour thread

2018/19 Football transfer rumour thread

Old Jun 11th 2018, 1:39 pm
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2018/19 Football transfer rumour thread

Originally Posted by ededed View Post

So you think Kroenke’s done ok? No titles, no European trophies, going backwards in the league...stop me if I’m missing something?

And we did say that this “Scamp Scale” chomping thing (which doesn’t apply to you, for some reason) wasn’t going to be a thing this year. It prevents any debate and means this becomes a sterile forum where people can’t call bullshit or question anything any says ever, for fear of being accused of biting by a dull one-trick-shtick tit. It defeats the point of the whole thread, and I think I speak for everyone when I say it’s now just deeply irritating.

The only one who does this is you. Stop being such a childish ****. And for the sake of the stars, that’s the C word.

Why do you care how Kroenke has done? What does he have to do with the weirdos who bought United? That wasn't what was asked or even brought up.

Therefore, I move your post from just 'chomping' status to 'deflection chomping' - whereby you've bitten really hard (chomping) and tried to deflect the pants down panic you had to someone or somewhere else (deflection).

****, it's like I've got a laser pen and a stupid cat.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 3:47 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one who randomly sees some of Ed's post with little boxes and an 'a' with a funny accent over it, in place of his apostrophe's?
Old Jun 11th 2018, 4:24 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Am I the only one who randomly sees some of Ed's post with little boxes and an 'a' with a funny accent over it, in place of his apostrophe's?
My guess is they are written on a phone or tablet and this site is not properly optimized for it.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 4:29 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post

Apparently the bonuses at Spurs are very good, so probably gets him close to the higher paid stars like Ozil on 300k.
Ozil is paid ridiculously well and his performances don't justify it.

But yes I agree 300k is the going rate for a box office player. In two years when Spurs offer that to Kane there will be players on 400k I suspect. Especially as last week a deal was agreed that paid more of the overseas money to the already rich clubs. Another dark day for football that the media largely ignored.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 5:17 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

no idea, I never read Ed's posts 😉
Old Jun 11th 2018, 5:50 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

They do seem different to other apostrophes but I'm guess it's a browser issue. I just checked Safari on my phone and I see the funny a when Scamp quotes him but not in the original message. Ed's got a Mac so I'd blame it on Safari being utter shite and about as compliant with internet standards as Internet Explorer was.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 4:30 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
Ozil is paid ridiculously well and his performances don't justify it.

But yes I agree 300k is the going rate for a box office player. In two years when Spurs offer that to Kane there will be players on 400k I suspect. Especially as last week a deal was agreed that paid more of the overseas money to the already rich clubs. Another dark day for football that the media largely ignored.
Agree on all counts.

The English fan has to accept that having the best league 'product' and therefore some of the best players in the world wanting to showcase their talent in your back yard means that the English player and therefore national squad will suffer.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 10:32 am
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
The English fan has to accept that having the best league 'product' and therefore some of the best players in the world wanting to showcase their talent in your back yard means that the English player and therefore national squad will suffer.
And the Welsh, Scottish and N. Ireland national teams will always be the poorer relations.

Germany managed to overhaul their coaching system from the kids up, so it can be done if the money is willing to be spent. The FA could take 5% of the tv revenue and put it into the youth set-up as a start, then as those kids progress, fund the next level.

And maybe its time to look at a single national team for the WC and the Euros. Foes any other country get to field regional teams?
Old Jun 12th 2018, 4:24 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
And the Welsh, Scottish and N. Ireland national teams will always be the poorer relations.

Germany managed to overhaul their coaching system from the kids up, so it can be done if the money is willing to be spent. The FA could take 5% of the tv revenue and put it into the youth set-up as a start, then as those kids progress, fund the next level.

And maybe its time to look at a single national team for the WC and the Euros. Foes any other country get to field regional teams?
It'd be interesting to get a full understanding of the FA's finances.

I thought they'd be flush with cash but this selling Wembley business tells me otherwise.

David Conn really needs to put together an article of how the FA has gotten to where it is over the last decade.
Old Jun 13th 2018, 5:51 am
WWLLCJD?

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post

I honestly don't think it will change much about the England side or improve the quality because English players aren't getting time at the top level.

Look at the below (2017, Sky Sports website: Link). Even the Championship has more foreign players than the German top division. We don't give chances to young English footballers to actually play, learn and develop.
The best product is the Premier League, by a country mile, it's more popular and more followed....but it's the king issue for the national game I think.

European leagues with most foreign players

CountryCompetitionPercentageEnglandPremier League69.2%CyprusFirst Division57.1%BelgiumJupiler Pro League55.8%PortugalLiga NOS55.6%ItalySerie A55.5%EnglandChampionship50.8%ScotlandScottish Premiership50.5%LuxembourgBGL Ligue50.4%Germany1. Bundesliga49.2%SwitzerlandSuper League48.6%