Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

2016 Transfer Rumours

2016 Transfer Rumours

Old Jun 7th 2016, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Transfer Rumours

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
Seems like Maureen is already wielding the axe:
The Portuguese coach also allegedly produced a list of names that are surplus to requirements.

Believed to be among those on the list are the surprising trio of Juan Mata, Ander Herrera and Memphis Depay, while Bastian Schweinsteiger, Marouane Fellaini, Ashley Young, Michael Carrick, Marcos Rojo and Sergio Romero are also apparently in the same situation.
Mata going back to Chelsea would be good, he was very popular there among the fans.
Jose Mourinho got rid of some top players from Chelsea. Most notably Kevin De Bruyne.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I get what you're saying regarding Everton and S'hampton and don't disagree on Everton being a well established mid to upper table EPL team, however, I'm not sure thats so important anymore. S'hampton have been a very consistent mid to upper table team for the last few seasons and have played some decent football. Everton on the other hand have stagnated with little in the way of improvement. As such, if you take out the history etc they are teams at a similar level. Also with all this TV cash coming in I think it will even off the playing field somewhat.

Noted your points on the probable wages and potential for expenditure though.

As for Bailley - haven't the foggiest. Saw a youtube highlight video of him last night and he look quality, however, I'm sure a talented editor could probably make Demechellis look good too. Or me for that matter. A risk IMO.

Aubamayeng - ooft, what a player! Hopefully this is all just piss and vinegar.

As for the current United out list according to the media:

Juan Mata - think he's gone. Jose has weilded the axe before and as much as Mata comes across as a nice guy, he's small, he's slow and other than the odd bit of brilliance he's quite average. Decent squad player but not 1st 11 for me.
Ander Herrera - Similar to Mata. A nice guy and can be quality but too inconsistant. Didn't have a great season.
Memphis Depay - I'd 100% keep him. I think if given a chance and managed correctly he'll shine. He's only young and I thing LVG didn't know how to get manage him. He has well documented personality issues linked to his upbringing and needs a father figure who instills confidence in him, LVG was not that man. I beleive Jose can be.
Bastian Schweinsteiger - Obvioulsy a Rolls Royce type player but he's getting on now. Liked him at the start of the season and thought he showed grit when a lot of the other players werent. Too expensive as a squad player. Bye bye.
Marouane Fellaini - Can't beleive I am writing this but I would keep him as a squad player. Offers another option. Think he will go though.
Ashley Young - Another player incorrectly used by LVG. Was one of our better players last season. Played inseveral positions then dropped for no reason. When he has played off the bench he's looked sharp and dangerous but then you don't see him for several games. Would keep him as a versitile squad player.
Michael Carrick - Would have let him go but I think he's signed a 1 yr extention
Marcos Rojo - Liked him at the start of the season and he on occasion looked like a Ferdinand's and Vidic's love chile however, he seems to have forgotten how to defend.....
Sergio Romero - bye bye.

The problem is that it wasn't just 1 or 2 players who were under performing, it was the majority of the team and I think the blame for this can only be associated with LVG's management style and tactics. As such, judging players on last seasons performance will be a tricky process. Players like Mata and Herrara don't become bad players overnight.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
I'd take anything you read with a huge rock of salt at this stage......
Massively, think United will be linked with pretty much everyone this season. The Dailyfail even had us signing Messi a few days ago!

This window will be silly season like we have never seen before.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 7:22 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Five years ago Southampton weren't even in the Premier League. A couple of years before that they were close to going tits up and playing in League One. Where were Everton? Bimbling around in the top half of the Premier League. Based on current stature Leicester are the best team in the country.

Now Everton have money and Koeman will be getting 7M a year at Everton and 100M+ for transfers. Not sure what he's getting at Southampton, but it's not close to that. If Stones and Lukaku go, then that's close to another 100M to reinvest in the team.

I think he might bringing in some of Southampton's better players with him, which would understandably piss off Scummer fans.

No harm (and I'd imagine Scamp would agree), but Everton are and have always been one of the traditional 'big' clubs in England, and will probably always be a much bigger club than Southampton.

Saints have done remarkably well, and are probably as big a club now as they have ever been, and given the extremely dodgy dealings that went on at Fratton Park over the years, personally I'm delighted that they have left their former South Coast rivals in the dust.

However, Koeman moving to Everton is a step up in both club size & club expectations.... Evertonians will expect a challenge for the top 6 next season, and more than that the following season, especially given the supposed budget the Dutchman will be given for new players.... and the new owners will undoubtedly be looking to build a new 50,000+ seater stadium in the next few years, because they know it will be filled every home game.
You're both right.

We aren't as big as Everton and won't compete financially. I know we CAN but we won't.

We would be unlikely to regularly fill 50,000 seats, although the stadium can be expanded I just don't think the demand is there....maybe partly down to decades of being ****ing terrible and surviving and then years in the lower leagues...Little kids in the 2005-2012 period (off top of head years) will hardly have been that interested in being a Saints fan.

Still, maybe a few years of success will bring the next generation in and we can go from there.

Maybe we'll always be a top half club that struggles to get any further. maybe we'll do a Leicester one day. Maybe we'll do an Ipswich and get Europe and get relegated. Maybe we'll be the next Man City. Who knows. All I know is that Koeman's come and go, but those red and white stripes are for life.

Please don't give us MOyes.
I'm not too fussed about Pellegrini
I'd like Unai Emery.
Eddie Howe maybe, I just think it's unlikely.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 8:53 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

So Zlatan doing the old teasing trick like a bored housewife on a hen night. Seems like the kind of arrogant bullshit that Keane, or Eric would do. He's made for United, good lad.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
So Zlatan doing the old teasing trick like a bored housewife on a hen night. Seems like the kind of arrogant bullshit that Keane, or Eric would do. He's made for United, good lad.
Indeed, there's a rumour that it's linked to his PSG contract. If he sees out his current contract (30 June) without signing for anyone then he gets a big bonus. Kinda explains the fannying about.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 11:33 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Maybe we'll be the next Man City. Who knows.
What you want to get relegated every 2 years and keep shooting yourself in the foot?
Old Jun 8th 2016, 11:51 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
What you want to get relegated every 2 years and keep shooting yourself in the foot?
Ha!

No, I meant shit in Europe.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 11:54 am
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Ha!

No, I meant shit in Europe.
You'll be ok then
Old Jun 8th 2016, 12:39 pm
Late In May In 1999...

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
It'll be interesting times ahead, that's for sure.... wish I was your +1 for OT next season, pal.... the craic would be mighty!!
Old Jun 8th 2016, 4:22 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

It'll be interesting times ahead, that's for sure.... wish I was your +1 for OT next season, pal.... the craic would be mighty!!
I'm picturing a re-make of 'Thelma and Louise', only with less hair and bigger boobs.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 4:47 pm
Late In May In 1999...

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
I'm picturing a re-make of 'Thelma and Louise', only with less hair and bigger boobs.
Now you're just being cheeky....

You show me yours and I'll show you mine.....
Old Jun 8th 2016, 4:49 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

What you're saying is you want Man Utd supporters to drive off a cliff?
Old Jun 8th 2016, 5:39 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Stop imagining me in your fantasies, never gonna happen love.

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
What you're saying is you want Man Utd supporters to drive off a cliff?
We did, last season.
Old Jun 9th 2016, 3:11 pm

Sorry, what?

Man Utd Gossip: Nani agrees personal terms ahead of shock return | Football | Sport | Daily Express

I think I just threw up in my mouth. Mourinho must go!

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.