Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

2016 Transfer Rumours

2016 Transfer Rumours

Old Jun 6th 2016, 8:05 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 Transfer Rumours

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
To be fair, Old Trafford would have emptied at half time for most of LVG's games if all the fans weren't already asleep.
Old Jun 6th 2016, 8:05 pm
Late In May In 1999...

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair, Old Trafford would have emptied at half time for most of LVG's games if all the fans weren't already asleep.
Yes, which is why I mentioned Manuel winning a league title....had LvG achieved that for us, I have NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER that he would have got a MUCH better send-off that poor Pellegrini was afforded by the citeh 'fans'.... but maybe I'm being harsh, after all they had trains and buses to Stockport and all parts further south to catch, they couldn't hang around grimy East Manchester all afternoon....
Old Jun 6th 2016, 8:07 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Yes, which is why I mentioned Manuel winning a league title....had LvG achieved that for us, I have NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER that he would have got a MUCH better send-off that poor Pellegrini was afforded by the citeh 'fans'.... but maybe I'm being harsh, after all they had trains and buses to Stockport and all parts further south to catch, they couldn't hang around grimy East Manchester all afternoon....
yes in fairness you can't get a flight back to the Far East at that time of day so they could have stayed wth no disruption to their travel plans
Old Jun 7th 2016, 4:05 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

It's looks like it's pretty much a done deal now. I think he'll do a good job, but I would have preferred De Boer or Emery.

You can have Martinez, he'll be phenomenal for you I promise...
I wouldn't mind Emery. Something different and an exciting prospect...but he's another Poch / Koeman. Won't stay with us forever.

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
The Charming Man probably....
Nah, not that keen thanks.

I hear Eddie Howe is top of the list.
Wouldn't be a bad thing but will he leave Bournemouth? I'm not sure.

Whilst it's gutting to lose **** Koeman....and it's very arrogant to say...I just know we'll appoint someone decent.

Thank **** Brenda is off the market.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Thank **** Brenda is off the market.
Moyes is still about is he not....?

IMO I don't really see why he is making the switch. Everton are better established sure, but they are hardly that different to S'hampton in terms of current stature. Also, whats the likleyhood of Everton's talented youngsters still being there next season?

As for the current transfer rumours...

Zlatan - Can't wait! He's admittedly getting on a bit but he's still quality and he has the brilliance and arrogance of Cantona! As such, he will be nothing short of entertaining. Also, getting him on a free makes it zero risk, even with the weighty wages as shirts sales will be massive...... as long as United change their policy on the length of players names on shirts...

Vardy - Rat of a human being but a quality little striker. Not convinced he will do well at Arsenal as he doesn't exactly suit their style, however, as folk have mentioned he would offer an alternative approach.

Bailley - Know nothing about him. There is a video of him getting embarrassed by Torres floating about but Vidic has his own party reel of similar incidents and he did OK. From what i've heard he could be perfect to partner Smalling.

Pogba - After letting him go on a free buying him back for something like 60 mill may sting a bit and although he's grown to be a beast I can't see him coming back to United unfortunately.

As I said previously I think this window is going to be huge and Jose will be going in hard without any lube. Pep will be doing similar, Wenger - unlikely to do much (he has books to balance) - probably a few unknown French youngsters, Klopp - will buy a load of relatively unknown Germans youngsters but will improve the team.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 3:02 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
IMO I don't really see why he is making the switch. Everton are better established sure, but they are hardly that different to S'hampton in terms of current stature. Also, whats the likleyhood of Everton's talented youngsters still being there next season?
Five years ago Southampton weren't even in the Premier League. A couple of years before that they were close to going tits up and playing in League One. Where were Everton? Bimbling around in the top half of the Premier League. Based on current stature Leicester are the best team in the country.

Now Everton have money and Koeman will be getting 7M a year at Everton and 100M+ for transfers. Not sure what he's getting at Southampton, but it's not close to that. If Stones and Lukaku go, then that's close to another 100M to reinvest in the team.

I think he might bringing in some of Southampton's better players with him, which would understandably piss off Scummer fans.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 3:13 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Seems like Maureen is already wielding the axe:
The Portuguese coach also allegedly produced a list of names that are surplus to requirements.

Believed to be among those on the list are the surprising trio of Juan Mata, Ander Herrera and Memphis Depay, while Bastian Schweinsteiger, Marouane Fellaini, Ashley Young, Michael Carrick, Marcos Rojo and Sergio Romero are also apparently in the same situation.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 3:15 pm
Late In May In 1999...

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Five years ago Southampton weren't even in the Premier League. A couple of years before that they were close to going tits up and playing in League One. Where were Everton? Bimbling around in the top half of the Premier League. Based on current stature Leicester are the best team in the country.

Now Everton have money and Koeman will be getting 7M a year at Everton and 100M+ for transfers. Not sure what he's getting at Southampton, but it's not close to that. If Stones and Lukaku go, then that's close to another 100M to reinvest in the team.

I think he might bringing in some of Southampton's better players with him, which would understandably piss off Scummer fans.

No harm (and I'd imagine Scamp would agree), but Everton are and have always been one of the traditional 'big' clubs in England, and will probably always be a much bigger club than Southampton.

Saints have done remarkably well, and are probably as big a club now as they have ever been, and given the extremely dodgy dealings that went on at Fratton Park over the years, personally I'm delighted that they have left their former South Coast rivals in the dust.

However, Koeman moving to Everton is a step up in both club size & club expectations.... Evertonians will expect a challenge for the top 6 next season, and more than that the following season, especially given the supposed budget the Dutchman will be given for new players.... and the new owners will undoubtedly be looking to build a new 50,000+ seater stadium in the next few years, because they know it will be filled every home game.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 3:19 pm
Late In May In 1999...

Seems like Maureen is already wielding the axe:
The Portuguese coach also allegedly produced a list of names that are surplus to requirements.

Believed to be among those on the list are the surprising trio of Juan Mata, Ander Herrera and Memphis Depay, while Bastian Schweinsteiger, Marouane Fellaini, Ashley Young, Michael Carrick, Marcos Rojo and Sergio Romero are also apparently in the same situation.
I'd take anything you read with a huge rock of salt at this stage....

However, as with any summer dealings, those leaving need to be replaced by better arriving, and if that's the case NO-ONE is immune from the axe. I'd be surprised if Herrera, Young & Carrick leave (Michael has apparently been offered a new 1-year deal to stay on), but if better come in to replace them, everyone is expendable....
Old Jun 7th 2016, 3:22 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

I'd take anything you read with a huge rock of salt at this stage.....
Yes indeed
Old Jun 7th 2016, 9:44 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Reading rumours that Bailly has signed for Utd and Aubamayeng finalizing terms with City....
Old Jun 7th 2016, 9:48 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Reading rumours that Bailly has signed for Utd and Aubamayeng finalizing terms with City....
Those will be big coups for the Blades and the Sky Blues.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 9:54 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Those will be big coups for the Blades and the Sky Blues.
and you get Koeman too
Old Jun 7th 2016, 10:02 pm
Late In May In 1999...

30m for a player who has played 40 senior league games...insanity. I just hope the lad turns out to be as good as some of the relative unknowns we have signed over the years eg. Vidic.
Old Jun 7th 2016, 10:13 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

30m for a player who has played 40 senior league games...insanity. I just hope the lad turns out to be as good as some of the relative unknowns we have signed over the years eg. Vidic.
next Vidic or next Mangala - time will tell........................

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.