Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

2016 European Championship extravaganza thread

2016 European Championship extravaganza thread

Old Jun 20th 2016, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 European Championship extravaganza thread

Hardly worth commenting on the games last night....

France - seriously! If England were ever a team to perform worse than the sum of their parts France must be going for that title.

These Euro's are really starting to be a bit of a snooze fest. Hope they become alive in the next round.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 10:32 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
Hardly worth commenting on the games last night....

France - seriously! If England were ever a team to perform worse than the sum of their parts France must be going for that title.

These Euro's are really starting to be a bit of a snooze fest. Hope they become alive in the next round.
There are at least 5 or 6 teams better than France, they only top the group through luck, the Swiss should have had a pen in stoppage time.

Danny Rose and Kyle Walker are 10 times better than their full backs for a start.

I guess teams are playing it safe to make it out of the group stages, i am sure it will come to life in the next round, bigger question is will anyone challenge Ronnie for the 'stupid twat of the tournament' award?
Old Jun 20th 2016, 11:09 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
There are at least 5 or 6 teams better than France, they only top the group through luck, the Swiss should have had a pen in stoppage time.

Danny Rose and Kyle Walker are 10 times better than their full backs for a start.

I guess teams are playing it safe to make it out of the group stages, i am sure it will come to life in the next round, bigger question is will anyone challenge Ronnie for the 'stupid twat of the tournament' award?
Kyle Walker will get found out against anyone of real quality.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 12:22 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Kyle Walker will get found out against anyone of real quality.
This obsession you have with Kyle is unnerving, do you have a secret man crush on him, hmmmmm?
Old Jun 20th 2016, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure there's 5 or 6 if I'm honest. In good Olde English fashion..... on paper they are very strong. They have a sprinkling of truly quality players in their side, however, they just don't seem to be able to get going.

They're both having a decent tournament I agree but England haven't really come up against any quality as of yet. For me Rooney has been the main man so far, and to think the country was debating taking him only a few weeks ago. Saying that, the same argument about not having played a decent team is equally valid for him, however, I d think he's class.

I'm not even sure thats the case. Portugal had 49 shots in their last 2 games and didn't score one. France last night hit the woodwork 3 times. It's be a cursed tournament so far. Hopefully it will come to life otherwise I will be demanding my 250 dibs back from the BiEN pricks.

As for Ronny...... he has indeed had somewhat of a mare all in all.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 3:07 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Right, England...time to move up a few gears and put Slovakia to the sword (which will help out wee Norn Iron, by worsening the GD of one of our main '3rd place rivals'... ).

You'd need a statistics degree to work out all the permutations, but I think the gist of it for NI is to avoid a tanking from the Krauts tomorrow, and we should sneek through with 3 points and a decent GD, but I think we are more than capable of frustrating them and stealing a draw. Just don't get trounced....

I expect England to win today...the pressure is off a bit, as even if they lost, 4 points will almost definitely be enough to get into the KO phase, but I think Roy has stumbled onto the fact that Vardy and Sturridge are a more potent threat than a tired-looking Kane and inept Sterling....but this IS Roy we're talking about so he may revert to type and start with the '50m citeh superstar' (snigger.... ).

Hope the Taffies can make it through, but the Russians are going to put about 5 defenders on Bale all afternoon, so the likes of Ramsey and Williams need to have good games to help them get a result.

Bit pissed at Deschamps for dropping Giroud last night...did my Fantasy team no favours at all, the git...
Old Jun 20th 2016, 3:37 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
You'd need a statistics degree to work out all the permutations,
You are not kidding on that for sure - trying to work out where to book a flight to if England get through to the QFs is proving a tad more difficult than one first imagined.....
Old Jun 20th 2016, 3:50 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
You are not kidding on that for sure - trying to work out where to book a flight to if England get through to the QFs is proving a tad more difficult than one first imagined.....
Yeah...was looking at the permutations for NI, and I've come to the conclusion that the best result for us would be to qualify as one of the best 3rd placed teams, NOT by winning the Group or even coming second!!!

If we won the Group (with an UNBELIEVABLE result of beating the Germans tomorrow in Paris), we'd have to travel to Lille in the next phase...the pitch there is AWFUL (watched all the French & Swiss players sliding around losing their grip last night....).

If we finish second, we'd have to go to St. Etienne to play a very dangerous Switzerland team.

If we finish third and qualify, we play France in Lyon, which has become a bit of a 'home from home' for us, with the team hotel close by, and we've already beaten Ukraine at the Stade de Lyon. Deschamps still hasn't a clue about his best XI, and I'd actually fancy us more against France than Switzerland right now....
Old Jun 20th 2016, 6:45 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

This obsession you have with Kyle is unnerving, do you have a secret man crush on him, hmmmmm?
Are you afraid of a little competition?
Old Jun 20th 2016, 9:28 pm
Grace and gratitude

I have Wales in the sweepstake at work (story of my life).

Gareth to majestically carry the whole team single handedly, scoring a goal record for the history of the tournament, so swooping Wales to a shocking final with Portugal, that sees Gareth and Ronaldo have a punch up (with hair pulling) and Wales to win it Greek-esque stylee (not the story of my life)
Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
I've got more chance of a candlelit dinner with you in New York, than the above happening.
Well on my way to being proved right again. Better get your wallet out Hooky, and book me first class to New York........
Old Jun 20th 2016, 10:01 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Never looked like they would get a goal.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 10:04 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
It was an odd team selection and didn't pay off. Who would have though Wilshere and Lallana would be shite?
Old Jun 20th 2016, 10:06 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

It will be better for England...K.O stages.
Though very few balls coming over the flanks, in 2nd half.
Too much playing through the middle.
Sturridge and Wlishere, seemed slow to move forward.Which suprised me.
We had chances, pretty good ones.Now it has to be Vardy n Kane show .
I tend to lean towards Crouches thoughts....
Old Jun 20th 2016, 10:11 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
It was an odd team selection and didn't pay off. Who would have though Wilshere and Lallana would be shite?
erm - everyone?
Old Jun 21st 2016, 5:29 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. He's just not that good. Nor is Rose. Nor are Bertrand or Clyne at international level. None of them are even that close really.

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
If we finish third and qualify, we play France in Lyon, which has become a bit of a 'home from home' for us, with the team hotel close by, and we've already beaten Ukraine at the Stade de Lyon. Deschamps still hasn't a clue about his best XI, and I'd actually fancy us more against France than Switzerland right now....
You'd rather play France, in France that qualify first and play a lesser side?

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Apart from the 30-odd shots we had, no.

****ing England fans.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.