Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

2016 European Championship extravaganza thread

2016 European Championship extravaganza thread

Old Jun 16th 2016, 9:38 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 European Championship extravaganza thread

Well, Germany and Poland aren't exactly doing much to help either the goal difference situation or the chances of Germany letting off the gas on Tuesday. Arse biscuits.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 9:44 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
It's still squeaky bum time. Ideally we'd want Germany to win at least 3-0 today, and for Ukraine to beat Poland 1-0 and we should be assured a second place finish on goal difference as long as we don't lose to Germany.
You tell me you are worried about the Germans...
3 easy pts for the boys in Green.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 9:48 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fuchs01 View Post
You tell me you are worried about the Germans...
3 easy pts for the boys in Green.
Not as worried as I would have been facing the 2012 or 2014 Germans but I had my concerns. Then again, 0-0 against Poland going into stoppage time and they didn't look unbeatable against Ukraine on Sunday. You never know.

We just have to go all out for a win knowing that third place is relatively safe. I expect Poland to beat Ukraine.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 9:49 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Germany and Poland aren't exactly doing much to help either the goal difference situation or the chances of Germany letting off the gas on Tuesday. Arse biscuits.
Couldn't have put it better myself....just what we needed, to go into the final game against the Germans with THEM needing a result to be sure of qualification...

Not happy, suddenly... we'd better start hoping that 3 points might be enough to squeak through in 3rd place, unless the boys can OUTDO what they achieved today....
Old Jun 16th 2016, 9:55 pm
Doin' It Right

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Couldn't have put it better myself....just what we needed, to go into the final game against the Germans with THEM needing a result to be sure of qualification...

Not happy, suddenly... we'd better start hoping that 3 points might be enough to squeak through in 3rd place, unless the boys can OUTDO what they achieved today....
Germany at least have Poland on goal difference.

Now here's one for the ages - imagine Germany went into this game relaxed, thinking that a win against NI was all but written in the stars. Then our boys, still riding high off the win today, and end up grinding out a victory on Tuesday. Depending on how Poland does against Ukraine, that could end up with Germany in 3rd place hoping 4 points are enough to go through

Whatever happens though, I'm happy with our performance. After the Poland game I told myself I'd be happy if we at least scored a goal. Now we have an admittedly slim but still realistic chance of going through. Great job all round.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 10:10 pm
#GlazersOut #WoodwardOut

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Germany at least have Poland on goal difference.

Now here's one for the ages - imagine Germany went into this game relaxed, thinking that a win against NI was all but written in the stars. Then our boys, still riding high off the win today, and end up grinding out a victory on Tuesday. Depending on how Poland does against Ukraine, that could end up with Germany in 3rd place hoping 4 points are enough to go through

Whatever happens though, I'm happy with our performance. After the Poland game I told myself I'd be happy if we at least scored a goal. Now we have an admittedly slim but still realistic chance of going through. Great job all round.

Likewise pal. After the Poland game, I honestly thought we'd be the first team going home, but the boys have done us proud, and with a bit of luck we could still be there for the knock-out phase.

Hopefully all THREE British nations make it through, it would be great for everyone back home.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 10:24 pm
Doin' It Right

Likewise pal. After the Poland game, I honestly thought we'd be the first team going home, but the boys have done us proud, and with a bit of luck we could still be there for the knock-out phase.

Hopefully all THREE British nations make it through, it would be great for everyone back home.
'Britain decides to stay in Europe after all'

That was a great win today against a team who looked decent against Germany. Now all we have to do is beat Germany and win the group, and the second round match will be played on my birthday
Old Jun 16th 2016, 10:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Just imagine what it would be like if they actually brought on Will Griggs and he scored?
https://www.facebook.com/WillGriggsO...type=2&theater
Old Jun 16th 2016, 11:11 pm
seenbeendonenocriesnowhys

fuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond reputefuchs01 has a reputation beyond repute

HOY...I am back home..!!
Old Jun 17th 2016, 5:36 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Never mind the Euro's, I'm going to a Copa America Quarter Final on Thursday! USA vs Ecuador.
That was an excellent game of Football. How was the atmosphere?

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
and Ronaldo's lack of magnanimity is to his shame. Its ridiculous for him to complain about a country of 330,000 people, having no ambition and predicting they "will do nothing in the tournament". In fact I think Iceland achieved their ambition by getting a point off Portugal.
Ronaldo needs to take a look at himself in the mirror.

Oh wait he does that already 2 or 3 hours a day (I stole that)

Originally Posted by jam25mack View Post
I'd personally drop Kane after his display in the last game. He looked jaded and off the pace. Whack the rat on and then bring Rashford on for the last 25-30 mins.
Well called.

Actually I was surprised he stuck with Sterling.

I think Sterling needs to be dropped for sure. Kane and Alli both on thin ice. I'm not sure Sturridge is fit enough to play 90 minutes.

Walker was absolutely superb today.

I would love to send you lot the drivel I had to listen to on TSN after the game with two clowns trying to explain that the English full backs were both two conservative and needed to play higher up the pitch like Brazilian wing backs. It was cringeworthy.

Anyway it would be nice to see Wales and NI advance. NI were magnificent today.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 6:21 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
That was an excellent game of Football. How was the atmosphere?
Just got back. It started off rather low key. They are perennial late arrivers in Seattle. Stadium looked empty, but once everyone was in, it started to warm up. The atmosphere was better in the second half when it was a long time hanging on to the lead, US was lucky to get that second goal and how it turned out they needed it.

Anyway, not a bad days footy. Both my teams get a 2-1 win in major tournaments (and NI get a win). Who would have ever guessed that I'd get to see a Copa America quarter-final a bus ride from home?

6am start with the Wales game, and I just get home at around 10pm from a game, long day of footy.
Old Jun 19th 2016, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

A pretty good weekend of football all in all.

Enjoyed the England Vs Bale game although can't believe after all that piss and vinegar Wales just sat back the whole game. Rooney again looked class in that midfield role. Impressive pass completion stats at 91%. Walker also looked good, along with Dier and Rose. Again Kane and Sterling were poor. Good on Woy for going for it and finishing with 3 strikers. Lucky Joe shoulda saved Bale's free kick with the amount of time and contact he got. Poor goal keeping. Seems to find him self flat footed a bit too often.

Had a few decent results with the bookies too.
- Bale 1st scorer and England 2-1
- Vardy to score anytime
- Wales & England HT/FT
- Bale to score between 20-30mins or whatever...

Not a bad haul.

Ronaldo on the other hand seriously screwed me last night, broke my 5 game acca and lost me my next goal to be a pen.... dick! It's unbelievable that Portugal can have 49 shots on targets in 2 games and not score! They dominated that game but fair play to the Austrians they fought hard. There's going to be some knackered Austrians today.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Belgium game (sorry ROI fans). I wasn't supporting them but there was some nice quality play.

Other than that, can't really remember the other games. This was either due to falling asleep because they were bore fests or having short term beer induced memory loss.
Old Jun 19th 2016, 7:33 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Ronaldo on the other hand seriously screwed me last night, broke my 5 game acca and lost me my next goal to be a pen.... dick! It's unbelievable that Portugal can have 49 shots on targets in 2 games and not score! They dominated that game but fair play to the Austrians they fought hard. There's going to be some knackered Austrians today.
Belgium won, tick.
Iceland draw, tick.
Portugal to win. Failed. How? How did that not end in a win. Bunch of ****ing acca ruining, peri-peri eating *****.

Ronaldo coming out the dream team too.

Bets on today?
Old Jun 19th 2016, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
Belgium won, tick.
Iceland draw, tick.
Portugal to win. Failed. How? How did that not end in a win. Bunch of ****ing acca ruining, peri-peri eating *****.

Ronaldo coming out the dream team too.

Bets on today?
Tell me about it!

Spain - tick
Belgium - tick
Portugal - noooo!
France - to play
Germany - to play.

15 quid on at 15/1..... Doh!

I don't have any on just yet. Will have a look at lunchtime probs.

Games are:

Romania Vs Albania
Swiss Vs French

Thinking Romania and France for the win, possibly a draw for Romania Vs Albania. I have a feeling after a slow start the French may start to click a bit so could see a 3-0 or 3-1 result. Pogba and Greizzman must be due a goal or two.

I also like HT / FT which maybe a decent bet for Romania / Albania.

How about you?
Old Jun 19th 2016, 9:09 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Tell me about it!

Spain - tick
Belgium - tick
Portugal - noooo!
France - to play
Germany - to play.

15 quid on at 15/1..... Doh!

I don't have any on just yet. Will have a look at lunchtime probs.

Games are:

Romania Vs Albania
Swiss Vs French

Thinking Romania and France for the win, possibly a draw for Romania Vs Albania. I have a feeling after a slow start the French may start to click a bit so could see a 3-0 or 3-1 result. Pogba and Greizzman must be due a goal or two.

I also like HT / FT which maybe a decent bet for Romania / Albania.

How about you?
Gone boring;

Romania Win
France Win

And

Romania Win
Swiss/French Draw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.