Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

2016 European Championship extravaganza thread

2016 European Championship extravaganza thread

Old Jun 8th 2016, 9:17 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2016 European Championship extravaganza thread

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
And I'm Scottish, so good luck France.
I'm half Scottish, persistently pessimistic when it comes to England football so in theory, both halves of me want and think England to/will lose.
Old Jun 8th 2016, 12:45 pm
Late In May In 1999...

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

Don't have much feeling either way towards the sheep-worriers from Cardiff & Wrexham, but I like Roy and I hope England at least make it out of the Group, and I guess I'd like Wales through too, for Giggsy & Sparky as much as anything else. I think both squads are good enough to make it out of that Group, which is far from the strongest.

Our lot will give it everything, but whether it will be good enough to top at least two of Germany, Poland and Ukraine is hard to tell. I'm actually worried about the Ukraine game the most, because a lot of people (in NI) are taking it for granted that we can beat them, but I think they are very dangerous opponents. I think NI need to make sure we don't lose the opener against the Poles, so we will need to keep Lewandowski quiet, which is a huge ask for what is basically the West Brom defence....
Old Jun 8th 2016, 2:57 pm
Brexicide Now

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Germany v France in the final if the draw allows, or at least Germany, France, Belgium and Italy in the semis. Germany to win. 2-1, or something close like that.

I'd like to see NI get out of the group with 4 or 5 points. We should be able to get 4 points off Poland and Ukraine if we play hard. To get a point off Germany would be a dream but as long as we have 4 points from the first two games, that should be enough to progress. Whatever happens, just getting here was good, but getting here by virtue of winning the qualifying group was even better. GAWA, etc.

Elsewhere, I think England should at least get to the quarters and hopefully they wear their away kit with red socks for the majority of the tournament because that new home kit is a bit minging. Other than that, I'd like to see Iceland get out of their group and Spain make an arse of themselves like they did at the last World Cup and go home early, just for shits and grins. Don't really care about the rest.
Old Jun 9th 2016, 9:56 pm
Late In May In 1999...

Cainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond reputeCainess has a reputation beyond repute

So, people GET YOUR FANTASY EURO 2016 TEAM PICKED, and we'll get a League set up.... GET TO IT, less than 24 hours left.... go to UEFA.com and click the Fantasy ad....
Old Jun 10th 2016, 8:29 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Elsewhere, I think England should at least get to the quarters ...
Their dream probably ends there, I'm afraid. They're destined to clash with Portugal, whose fearsome strike partnership of Quaresma and Ronaldo have hit peak form at just the right moment. Should have seen them demolish World Champions Estonia 7 - 0 the other night
Old Jun 10th 2016, 2:08 pm
Brexicide Now

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Their dream probably ends there, I'm afraid. They're destined to clash with Portugal, whose fearsome strike partnership of Quaresma and Ronaldo have hit peak form at just the right moment. Should have seen them demolish World Champions Estonia 7 - 0 the other night
Estonia? That must have been a hard match to win ...

Nobody is destined to clash with anyone. Just watch as they face Iceland in the quarters as they emerge as heroes of their group just like Cameroon did in 1990.

And that is my jumpers for goalposts post of the day
Old Jun 10th 2016, 2:16 pm
Late In May In 1999...

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Estonia? That must have been a hard match to win ...

Nobody is destined to clash with anyone. Just watch as they face Iceland in the quarters as they emerge as heroes of their group just like Cameroon did in 1990.

And that is my jumpers for goalposts post of the day
Nah, Iceland have had their surprise just getting to the Finals (a bit like ourselves)... can't see them getting the better of both Portugal & Austria in the Group, though (again, like ourselves) they have a very decent chance of progressing as one of the best 3rd place teams...Hungary are dung.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 2:28 pm
Brexicide Now

Originally Posted by Cainess View Post
Nah, Iceland have had their surprise just getting to the Finals (a bit like ourselves)... can't see them getting the better of both Portugal & Austria in the Group, though (again, like ourselves) they have a very decent chance of progressing as one of the best 3rd place teams...Hungary are dung.
The good thing about competitions like the Euros (for both Iceland and us) is that it all comes down to the result on the day. A string of good luck can lead to all sorts of surprises. Obviously, that could all be bollocks as well.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 2:38 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

So what's going on with De Gea? Something about a sex scandal. Is Edededededededededededed involved?
Old Jun 10th 2016, 3:22 pm
Late In May In 1999...

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
So what's going on with De Gea? Something about a sex scandal. Is Edededededededededededed involved?
Don't care as long as he starts for Spain, since he's my Fantasy team keeper...
Old Jun 10th 2016, 3:24 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Don't care as long as he starts for Spain, since he's my Fantasy team keeper...
Apparently he's been dropped...
Old Jun 10th 2016, 3:30 pm
Late In May In 1999...

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Apparently he's been dropped...
Where'd you see this??
Old Jun 10th 2016, 3:59 pm
I love my brick!

Where'd you see this??
There were a few articles saying that, but there are newer articles saying he won't be sent home. Either way though it's not a good look.

Manchester United's David De Gea accused of setting up rape - reports - ESPN FC
Old Jun 10th 2016, 4:05 pm
Late In May In 1999...

If (and it's a HUGE if) he is guilty of what he has been accused of (which seems to be helping in 'arranging' this encounter, as opposed to actually taking part in it), he should never play for Manchester United again, even though that will be a massive loss to us, massive....

However, I'd be looking for DEFINITIVE, verifiable proof on all this, not just the word of one girl.
Old Jun 10th 2016, 4:50 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

If (and it's a HUGE if) he is guilty of what he has been accused of (which seems to be helping in 'arranging' this encounter, as opposed to actually taking part in it), he should never play for Manchester United again, even though that will be a massive loss to us, massive....

However, I'd be looking for DEFINITIVE, verifiable proof on all this, not just the word of one girl.
By the looks of it the girls were expecting to be paid so I assume they were prostitutes. Surely that's just a rich guy version of getting a stripper for your friend's party? He couldn't have known his friend would get all rapey. I certainly don't think it should stop him playing for United again, heck I'd say he's done less wrong than Rooney who bought the hookers for himself.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.