Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

2012 Closed Season, news and transfer rumours.

2012 Closed Season, news and transfer rumours.

Old Jun 13th 2012, 11:06 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 Closed Season, news and transfer rumours.

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
So if Moyes is poached in it really only leaves Harry with Everton. Or is he seriously expecting to take over at Southampton now their back up again?
You know I was having a pretty good fcking day until you said that!
Old Jun 14th 2012, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
You know I was having a pretty good fcking day until you said that!
Rumour I have been hearing for Harry is a mega money deal somewhere, maybe Russia or China. I doubt Kenwright would have him at Everton and Harry would be reluctant to go there with no money.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 6:30 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

I know I'm probably in the minority but I think binning Harry is a big mistake....who's gonna replace him? Moyes, Martinez......Benitez

The grass is not always greener, and my glass maybe half empty, but I can see a return to being a mid table team, unless Levy pulls someone pretty amazing out the bag.

On a brighter note, Harry Redknapp will reportedly be paid £3,000,000 in compensation by Tottenham, which after tax will equate to approximately £3,000,000.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 3:50 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
I know I'm probably in the minority but I think binning Harry is a big mistake....who's gonna replace him? Moyes, Martinez......Benitez

The grass is not always greener, and my glass maybe half empty, but I can see a return to being a mid table team, unless Levy pulls someone pretty amazing out the bag.

On a brighter note, Harry Redknapp will reportedly be paid £3,000,000 in compensation by Tottenham, which after tax will equate to approximately £3,000,000.
I reckon that Spurs were hoping he would get the England job, then they wouldn't have had to sack him, and they would have saved a shed load of money.
How are the mighty fallen, just a few short weeks ago he was being touted as favourite for the England job, now he is out of any jobs.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 4:02 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Seems a mistake to sack him... hes done well there, but whether its sustainable we will now never know.

He will bide his time I expect and get parachuted in to save some middle ranking team from the threat of relegation after a poor start to the season.

Is it just me that cant see him taking a job overseas? I get the impression he would just be out of his comfort zone, and its not like he needs the money.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 4:08 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink View Post
He will bide his time I expect and get parachuted in to save some middle ranking team from the threat of relegation after a poor start to the season.
So that will be Liverpool then?
Old Jun 14th 2012, 4:11 pm
I love my brick!

I've been thinking about Moyes going to Spuds, and I think if he does go it because Fergie has said to him that he's done well at Everton, but he has to go somewhere else to prove himself for a couple of years before the Manure job is his. Other than that I just don't think he will get the kind of support and loyalty from Levy that he gets and enjoys from Blue Bill.

Oh and I doubt it will be Martinez, considering Whelan hasn't said anything about it.

Last edited by zargof; Jun 14th 2012 at 4:13 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 4:12 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

So that will be Liverpool then?
No, Harry wouldnt go there, they wont have any money to throw at new players by the time Brendan Rogers gets a payoff

Actually, Im quietly optimistic about Liverpool for now... time will tell.

Now that the Liverpool job is out of the question, I wonder if Rafa will lobby for the Spurs one... I suspect it would suit him quite nicely, a bit of money to spend, Champions league aspirations, and not one of the clubs where his previous history would wind up the supporters. Could be good for Spurs too.

Last edited by iaink; Jun 14th 2012 at 4:35 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 4:40 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Seems a mistake to sack him... hes done well there, but whether its sustainable we will now never know.

Is it just me that cant see him taking a job overseas? I get the impression he would just be out of his comfort zone, and its not like he needs the money.
Massive mistake to sack him IMO, we finished 4th, 5th, 4th in the last 3 seasons, when was the last time we did that? He gave us our foray into CL football and for a good part of this season, we were the best I'd ever seen.

Admittedly we dropped a ten point lead over Arsenal, but didn't Man U drop their 8 point lead over City.....

Can't see him overseas either, despite Di Matteo's obvious success since he took over, I can see him being a short lived thing and can see Harry at Chelsea before long.

I've been thinking about Moyes going to Spuds, and I think if he does go it because Fergie has said to him that he's done well at Everton, but he has to go somewhere else to prove himself for a couple of years before the Manure job is his. Other than that I just don't think he will get the kind of support and loyalty from Levy that he gets and enjoys from Blue Bill.

Oh and I doubt it will be Martinez, considering Whelan hasn't said anything about it.
Although he seems to be clear favourite I just can't see Moyes at Spurs, Spurs like to do the pretty football thing (even though some of the time we fall flat on our faces) and from what I've seen, Moyes' style of football seems to be very different.....maybe I'm wrong?

Whatever the scenario, getting rid of Harry is a huge risk, at least being a Spurs fan is never boring....
Old Jun 14th 2012, 4:55 pm
I love my brick!

Although he seems to be clear favourite I just can't see Moyes at Spurs, Spurs like to do the pretty football thing (even though some of the time we fall flat on our faces) and from what I've seen, Moyes' style of football seems to be very different.....maybe I'm wrong?
No you're not wrong. Moyes' style is focused on a strong defence and nick a goal on the break. A lot of that is because it's the most effective play based on the players available. Whether having more cash and better players would change the way Moyes set out his team is a question, and I'm not sure of the answer.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 5:37 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

No question that Moyes is a safe pair of hands operating on a severely restricted budget, but hes an unknown quantity with higher budget/ quality players isnt he?

I realise that we wont know just how good he is if he never gets a chance, but I'd be very surprised if Spurs were the ones to offer that to him, given the other "big names" with sucessful track records, who have made noises about managing in the premier league.

Spurs are a decently funded team, with an illustrious history and the advantage of being in London and almost in the champions league. I would expect them to be able to attract a heavyweight manager, and I doubt that they would have fallen out with Harry without getting their ducks in a row first. After all, once the England thing was on the horizon they would have been fools if they didnt look at the available options out there, Certainly any illusions that Harry was indispensable would have been burst. Maybe they already had someone tapped up for the position before Hodgson landed the England job?

The wonder to me is how loyal Moyes has been to Everton over the years, its been rough going there money wise hasnt it. Cant think of many other managers who wouldnt have jumped ships years ago given the chance.

Last edited by iaink; Jun 14th 2012 at 6:28 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 6:31 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Let's all be clear about this. Fabio Capello wants a job in the Premier League in London. Daniel Levy is a notorious show off.

A match made in heaven.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 6:33 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
A match made in heaven.
Shortly to be followed by a disaster and another £6m payoff.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 6:44 pm
I love my brick!

The wonder to me is how loyal Moyes has been to Everton over the years, its been rough going there money wise hasnt it. Cant think of many other managers who wouldnt have jumped ships years ago given the chance.
Maybe it's because of the loyalty and lack of pressure to produce instant results that Blue Bill has afforded him. I don't there has been a time during the ten years there that Kenwright has ever held a press conference "stating his full confidence in David Moyes". IMO that would have happened if relegation was a very real threat, which has looked less and less likely as the years have gone by.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 6:46 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
Shortly to be followed by a disaster and another £6m payoff.
Wouldnt be a disaster for Capello would it

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.