Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

2012 Closed Season, news and transfer rumours.

2012 Closed Season, news and transfer rumours.

Old May 18th 2012, 10:10 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2012 Closed Season, news and transfer rumours.

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
I'd take him at Arsenal. He could play behind Van Persie and Podolski.
Definitely he'd be a good choice for a lot of clubs. If I were Ferguson I'd have had him playing more this year, after his goal performance in 2010 -2011.
I think he'd do well in the gooners set up too.
Old May 18th 2012, 10:13 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
Well he wouldn't have to work for Mike Ashley. Plus if Newcastle sell all their players again he'll be back at square one. Not really sure I'd want him at Liverpool but then I guess beggars can't be choosers.
I don't actually hear him complaining about Ashley though, even if the bloke is a bit of a dick. You really think Newcastle will get rid of anyone? They'd be back at square one as a club then too, which realistically couldn't be what Ashley would want.
Old May 18th 2012, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
Apparently he won the League over there in Norway with Molde, although I'm not sure that really gives him any qualifications to manage a club as big as Villa.
Old May 18th 2012, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by ededed View Post

I saw a tweet this morning saying they might as well pick Ken Dodd - so then they wouldn't need to buy a new tracksuit.

I'd like to see Balotelli play for United. This year was devoid of amusement.
I suppose that King Kenny has even more in common with the people of Liverpool now that he's unemployed?

Balotelli? Can you imagine how long Ferguson would tolerate that?
Old May 18th 2012, 11:14 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
Apparently he won the League over there in Norway with Molde, although I'm not sure that really gives him any qualifications to manage a club as big as Villa.
I'll admit to watching a bunch of Swedish and Danish football games this past year. You know what it felt like? Football in the 80s and very early 90s - it didn't have that horrible stain of Sky Sports and massive wankers with hundreds of millions at 19 years of age. Add the crowds were people from the city the game was in - regular people of every stripe. It seemed more authentic. Can you imagine moving from that to dealing with an ego like Stephen Ireland and he's-definitely-that-kind-of-player in Alan Hutton? Or from what still feels like it's about the game itself to the Premier League - where it really is about the bloody kit deal.

And as nice as it'd be to see Solskjaer back - I'd like him to grow as a manager first. If not only for him and Molde (first year in the CL and his boyhood team) but also because we don't ever seem to have any new English managers coming up and being given chances anymore. The very fact that professional wankers like Ian Holloway and Warnock are considered the 2nd tier of English management pisses me off no end.
Old May 18th 2012, 11:23 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

I like Holloway. I may hate him later though...
Old May 19th 2012, 4:32 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
I'll admit to watching a bunch of Swedish and Danish football games this past year. You know what it felt like? Football in the 80s and very early 90s - it didn't have that horrible stain of Sky Sports and massive wankers with hundreds of millions at 19 years of age. Add the crowds were people from the city the game was in - regular people of every stripe. It seemed more authentic. Can you imagine moving from that to dealing with an ego like Stephen Ireland and he's-definitely-that-kind-of-player in Alan Hutton? Or from what still feels like it's about the game itself to the Premier League - where it really is about the bloody kit deal.

And as nice as it'd be to see Solskjaer back - I'd like him to grow as a manager first. If not only for him and Molde (first year in the CL and his boyhood team) but also because we don't ever seem to have any new English managers coming up and being given chances anymore. The very fact that professional wankers like Ian Holloway and Warnock are considered the 2nd tier of English management pisses me off no end.
Seriously Gav, you have waaaaay too much time on your hands!

Agree about Ole - a couple of years at Molde, maybe SAF's number 2 for a season then he can get the big job - Liverpool's boot room was something that worked and should be redeveloped. Then we wouldn't need to give ***** like Warnock the time of day.
Old May 19th 2012, 7:41 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

People think Villa is still a big job? They've been on a downward spiral for a few seasons now.

As for Hazard, I'd love to see him at United - but I cant see even Fergie convincing him to come to OT in the face of probably double the wages at city. It's quite depressing to see being done to you what you did to alot of PL clubs for the last 15 years.
Old May 19th 2012, 7:57 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
People think Villa is still a big job? They've been on a downward spiral for a few seasons now.

As for Hazard, I'd love to see him at United - but I cant see even Fergie convincing him to come to OT in the face of probably double the wages at city. It's quite depressing to see being done to you what you did to alot of PL clubs for the last 15 years.
Respect for that comment. A lot of Man U and Liverpool fans have been moaning about City and CFC spending.

But that's the way I see it. Before it was a market monopolised by those 2 clubs
Old May 19th 2012, 9:21 am
Remainer

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

If I were Ferguson I'd have had him playing more this year, after his goal performance in 2010 -2011.
It's been rumoured more than once that he didn't get much playing time because of Rooney's contract negotiations 18 months ago, when Rooney threatened to leave. I don't know how true it was, but didn't Berbatov still end up close to being United's best scorer for that season despite not playing regularly after November.

Villa may be big compared to Birmingham City, Wolves and West Brom, but I wouldn't consider them as big as Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea. Right now, I'd consider Newcastle and Everton to be bigger clubs than Villa.

It's quite depressing to see being done to you what you did to alot of PL clubs for the last 15 years.
Karma's a bitch, ain't it!
Old May 20th 2012, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

SalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond repute

IF Hazard does go to the Sheik's shiny blue toy, or better yet stays put, I still would be more than happy with United scoring Christian Eriksen, tbh.
Old May 23rd 2012, 3:33 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

So Ole G-S has told Villa to sod off then? Quite right.

United looking at Leighton Baines and Hazard? Knowing Fergie it's Mickey, not Eden.

Drogba has said "Torres is the future of Chelsea". Thank ****. I was worried they were going to start winning things again.
Old May 23rd 2012, 7:04 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

It's not all bad.

Levy's in Holland trying to finalise a transfer for Verthonghen.

Damaio and Remy still under discussion.

Think we'll lose Judas and keep Gareth. Reckon Defoe is definitely on his way out. Ade apparently is desperate to stay at WHL, but I can't see us being able to sign him due to his wages, maybe he'll do it for love
Old May 23rd 2012, 7:52 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Judas?

Edit: Modric? I think that's a little harsh- he did stay an extra season. I wouldn't have.
Old May 23rd 2012, 8:10 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Judas?

Edit: Modric? I think that's a little harsh- he did stay an extra season. I wouldn't have.
Er, he didn't CHOOSE to stay, Levy forced him to stay as per his contract and wouldn't release him for any money, and good for him, he made a stand against player power.

Modders totally cocked up our first 2 games of the season making a song and dance about Chelsea, we hence couldn't play him for the Man U or the City game - for some of the season he has played well, but I wouldn't have said he's been stunning, he's a had a fair few games where he was no better than mediocre, and he has continued to make it clear on and off this year that he has no loyalty to Spurs and would have rather been off last summer given the choice.

So Judas, harsh, no I don't think so.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.