Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

Old May 9th 2011, 4:23 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Nonetheless we don't like cheating tossers in our squad - last time I looked were 3rd in the fair play league
Good thing that Klinsman isn't there anymore then. As well as the football, I heard he was coaching the German olympic diving team for 2012.
Old May 9th 2011, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

As much as I hate to say it, Man U's total team is greater than the sum of it's individual parts, I don't think the CL final is going to be a walkover in anyway.
I know, although the likes of Chicarito, Valencia, Fabio, Nani, Berbatov, Park, Van der Sar.... would NOT play in any other majour European team (I can save Ferdinand, Giggs, and Rooney), they collectively work brilliantly at Man Utd.
A genuine good luck to them
Old May 9th 2011, 4:28 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
Good thing that Klinsman isn't there anymore then. As well as the football, I heard he was coaching the German olympic diving team for 2012.
that's the funniest thing you've said in a long time!
Old May 9th 2011, 4:29 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ameliapond View Post
Oh yeah, a good luck from me too (snigger)

Last edited by pommybird; May 9th 2011 at 4:36 pm.
Old May 9th 2011, 4:39 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

I know, although the likes of Chicarito, Valencia, Fabio, Nani, Berbatov, Park, Van der Sar.... would NOT play in any other majour European team (I can save Ferdinand, Giggs, and Rooney), they collectively work brilliantly at Man Utd.
Berbatov will likely be sold in the Summer, maybe Nani too.
Park is good enough to play in any team, Arsenal would take him in an instant, but of course they're not a major player on the European stage
Old May 9th 2011, 4:41 pm

Oh yeah, a good luck from me too (snigger)
Yeah. How sincere of you.
And good luck to Spurs for getting into that number 4 position too If they make that then they'll only finish 3 below United.
Old May 9th 2011, 4:44 pm

that's the funniest thing you've said in a long time!
What's the second funniest?

Last edited by paranoidandroid; May 9th 2011 at 6:26 pm.
Old May 9th 2011, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Park is good enough to play in any team
dont' think so, and he's not even good looking...

What's the second funniest? Maybe this - That Arsenal and Spurs will merge next season to become known as The Hot Arses?

that's it, I'm signing off..
Old May 9th 2011, 4:55 pm

dont' think so, and he's not even good looking...
Oh, now it's down to looks? Sure you shouldn't be a Liverpool fan?

that's it, I'm signing off..
You'll offend PB if she thinks that you think Spurs aren't good enough to be associated with Arsenal!
Old May 9th 2011, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

PB and I have come to a temporary agreement against ManUtd fans, be very afraid.
Old May 9th 2011, 6:58 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Absolute bollocks.
Old May 9th 2011, 7:33 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Absolute bollocks.
Agreed. Valencia destroyed Cole yesterday. Although my feelings on Nani are well known.

I wish he was playing Red Star Belgrade in 1958 instead of Duncan Edwards.
Old May 9th 2011, 7:37 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Agreed. Valencia destroyed Cole yesterday. Although my feelings on Nani are well known.

I wish he was playing Red Star Belgrade in 1958 instead of Duncan Edwards.
Valencia was outstanding, as was Rooney.

I detest Nani, but he's still a class player, if you can possibly ignore the play-acting.

Chelsea just didn't turn up, did they? They should all give their paychecks back.
Old May 9th 2011, 7:41 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Valencia was outstanding, as was Rooney.

I detest Nani, but he's still a class player, if you can possibly ignore the play-acting.

Chelsea just didn't turn up, did they? They should all give their paychecks back.
No, they didn't look like they believed. I think that's where Fergie comes into his own - He never knows when he's beaten, and he gets his teams up when it really matters.

How bad does Torres look these days? He was a decent player once, wasn't he?

Nani is a complete chop. Capable of brilliance one minute, a cheat the next, and 95% of his corners and free-kicks either hit the first man or end up in the car park. We should sell him to Chelsea. He'd fit in there. I'd suggest Spurs but I don't think they can afford him.
Old May 9th 2011, 7:46 pm
Life goes on.

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
No, they didn't look like they believed. I think that's where Fergie comes into his own - He never knows when he's beaten, and he gets his teams up when it really matters.

How bad does Torres look these days? He was a decent player once, wasn't he?

Nani is a complete chop. Capable of brilliance one minute, a cheat the next, and 95% of his corners and free-kicks either hit the first man or end up in the car park. We should sell him to Chelsea. He'd fit in there. I'd suggest Spurs but I don't think they can afford him.
Send him to Eastlands.

(I miss the old stadium names)

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.