Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

Old May 3rd 2011, 4:50 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
It's a course of mental toughening I'm undergoing, designed to help me cope with your misery, when ManU's treble fizzles to nothing.
As a Heathen, I'm mentally tough enough to handle any disappointments. With all the ABU's we have out there, we have it in us from an early age.
Right now I'd settle for the Premiership title, Barca are going to be a tougher side to beat than RM would have been.. assuming no-cock ups from our lot tomorrow night.
Old May 4th 2011, 4:55 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
Yeah - that breed of Manure fans who hate England.
Choose England. Choose to string up and set alight effigies of Beckham after France 98. Choose to celebrate wildly four years later when Beckham scores the goal against Greece that puts England in the World Cup and go on to worship him. Choose to sing “Stand up if you hate Man U” at Wembley while Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt and David Beckham are on the pitch. Choose going without a trophy for longer than City. Choose to boo and do aeroplane impressions on the 50th anniversary of Munich. Choose to get giddy over friendlies. Choose banning a United player for 8 months and fining them £50k for the same offence a City player received no ban and a £2k fine for. Choose to support Steven Gerrard, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Gareth Barry, David James and the other scrotes that make up the squad. Choose to welcome back Jamie “at least it wasn’t England” Carragher. Choose booing your own players at half-time, full-time and when they touch the ball. Choose relaying your pitch every four months at a cost of £125k a time and still getting it wrong. Choose to call Rooney a fat bastard all season and wish Colleen had a stillbirth, then chant his name until your throat is raw for 5 weeks. Choose delusion of the highest degree. Choose Carlsberg adverts. Choose 44 years of **** all. Choose penalties. Choose scapegoats. Choose to forget it all in August and go back to Muuuuuuunnnniiiiccccchhhhhh. Choose England.
Old May 4th 2011, 5:02 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

8. Owen Hargreaves will never play again. Shame - he's a nice bloke and a very decent player.
Agreed. He was a great buy for about a week.

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
21, After his relegation at Sheffield United and bleating about West Ham, Neil Warnock is a hypocritical cock after using a third party owned player all year.
Indeed. A complete, 24 carat knob.

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
Harry Redknapp..........

if he becomes England manager I'll support the fucking French.

23. Manure paying 9 million for Bebe was totally worth it.

27. Owen Hargreaves will never kick a football again. Shame - very nice bloke and damn good player.
Bebe - possibly the worst buy in a list of cack ones. (Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, Veron, Tiabi, Obertan, etc etc).

I'm worried about your bromance with Hargreaves though.

I'm imagining the kind of person who masturbates naked on 34 cents in pennies just so they can pretend they're a dragon.
Are you? I wasn't, but I am now. It's an image I'm finding difficult to shake.
Old May 4th 2011, 8:36 am
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post

Bebe - possibly the worst buy in a list of cack ones. (Djemba Djemba, Kleberson, Veron, Tiabi, Obertan, etc etc).
Let's not forget Manucho now. He's been great....
Old May 4th 2011, 10:40 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Choose England. Choose to string up and set alight effigies of Beckham after France 98. Choose to celebrate wildly four years later when Beckham scores the goal against Greece that puts England in the World Cup and go on to worship him. Choose to sing “Stand up if you hate Man U” at Wembley while Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt and David Beckham are on the pitch. Choose going without a trophy for longer than City. Choose to boo and do aeroplane impressions on the 50th anniversary of Munich. Choose to get giddy over friendlies. Choose banning a United player for 8 months and fining them £50k for the same offence a City player received no ban and a £2k fine for. Choose to support Steven Gerrard, John Terry, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Gareth Barry, David James and the other scrotes that make up the squad. Choose to welcome back Jamie “at least it wasn’t England” Carragher. Choose booing your own players at half-time, full-time and when they touch the ball. Choose relaying your pitch every four months at a cost of £125k a time and still getting it wrong. Choose to call Rooney a fat bastard all season and wish Colleen had a stillbirth, then chant his name until your throat is raw for 5 weeks. Choose delusion of the highest degree. Choose Carlsberg adverts. Choose 44 years of **** all. Choose penalties. Choose scapegoats. Choose to forget it all in August and go back to Muuuuuuunnnniiiiccccchhhhhh. Choose England.
Ah don't get all upset, that's football the world over. Is it really so different in Spain or Italy, same bunch of brainless turds, supporters as fickle as you like, shit adverts (albeit for San Miguel and Peroni rather than Calsberg)

And please, Aimee Walton.........pretty??? The Sun should be sued for libel!
Old May 4th 2011, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Ah don't get all upset, that's football the world over. Is it really so different in Spain or Italy, same bunch of brainless turds, supporters as fickle as you like, shit adverts (albeit for San Miguel and Peroni rather than Calsberg)

And please, Aimee Walton.........pretty??? The Sun should be sued for libel!
Copy and paste. I wouldn't waste my energy on these twats. Spent a fortune following them round SA - bastards.

United>England.

And I agree about Aimee Walton. Although I've had worse.
Attached Thumbnails 20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year-aw.jpg  
Old May 4th 2011, 1:18 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Spent a fortune following them round SA - bastards.
So who's the brainless turd now?
Old May 4th 2011, 1:53 pm

So who's the brainless turd now?
Wayne Rooney. Dur.
Old May 9th 2011, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
Right now I'd settle for the Premiership title
Well, that's done and dusted - effectively.

Chelsea were very average yesterday, I thought Webb did ok but got a few wrong. Ivanovic should have gone at least.

We'll scrape a draw next week then play a full reserve team in the last match so we're fresh for Barca.

2 more European Cups, then Fergie can retire.
Old May 9th 2011, 6:07 am
Grace and gratitude

Well, that's done and dusted - effectively.

Chelsea were very average yesterday, I thought Webb did ok but got a few wrong. Ivanovic should have gone at least.

We'll scrape a draw next week then play a full reserve team in the last match so we're fresh for Barca.

Err, shouldn't you be starting some sort of Spurs appreciation thread or something........
Old May 9th 2011, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Who's next, the not-so-special-anymore?

Err, shouldn't you be starting some sort of Spurs appreciation thread or something........
Best not.. ^_^
Old May 9th 2011, 6:14 am
Grace and gratitude

Originally Posted by ameliapond View Post

Best not.. ^_^
Nice game against Stoke at the weekend
Old May 9th 2011, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

;p fair enough, I didn't expect anything less, I should just learn to shut up..
Old May 9th 2011, 7:27 am

3 days to go....

Originally Posted by ameliapond View Post
Who's next, the not-so-special-anymore?
I thought so earlier this season but think he has shot himself in the foot with his Barca / UEFA comments and poor showing in the games with RM. Shame - the PL seems more lively when he is around. Sadly, I think it will be David moyes now.

Funny how the small clubs can get motivated when they play the big boys, yet struggle against fellow mid-table teams. Everyone seems to raise their game against United, Chelsea, Spurs etc - but when playing WBA, Stoke, Sunderland etc - they come undone. Ergo, Arsenal are no longer a big club. Oh well, it wasn't fun while it lasted.
Old May 9th 2011, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Funny how the small clubs can get motivated when they play the big boys, yet struggle against fellow mid-table teams. Everyone seems to raise their game against United, Chelsea, Spurs etc - but when playing WBA, Stoke, Sunderland etc - they come undone. Ergo, Arsenal are no longer a big club. Oh well, it wasn't fun while it lasted.
It's Monday, and it's early, not gutsy enough, but if there's an Arsenal fan out there....
I'm noticing a lack of Arsenal supporters here, I should never have blown my cover, I'm alone here and somehow struggling.. not fair at all :-(

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.