Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

Old May 3rd 2011, 1:05 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

More things we learned -:

21. Chelsea might win the league by using the brilliant tactic of being knocked out of every other competition by February.

22. Owen Coyle was apparently called a better manager than Sam Allardyce on Radio 5, even though Coyle got Bolton to 10th, and Allardyce got them to 6th.

23. Manure paying 9 million for Bebe was totally worth it.

24. If Giggs and Scholes retire at the end of the year than Ferguson will have to break the news to Anderson (the new Ronaldinho apparently!) and Carrick that they're actually shit instead of, "I decided to play the 37 year old guy instead of you today." I'm guessing there are 19 other teams in the Premier League with a midfielder that Ferguson would prefer to Anderson.

25. David Moyes may just be the best manager in the Premier League. Spends no money, has a tiny squad and might finish 7th. Kudos to that. Of course, as soon as either Arteta or Cahill leave (I can actually see United pinching Cahill next year) then he's in trouble, but whatever. And it would be nice if Everton didn't start every season by losing their first 10 games, but whatever.

26. QPR might only be in the Premier League for just one week. Har har.

27. Owen Hargreaves will never kick a football again. Shame - very nice bloke and damn good player.

28. Osama Bin Laden has been hiding for the last 6 years in Arsenal's trophy cabinet safe in the knowledge that he wasn't about to be bothered any time soon.

29. Chelsea seemed to ignore the fact that getting rid of Ballack (a player - according to that fancy statistical computer thingy that coaches love these days - who touched the ball more and covered more ground for Chelsea than any other player) and not replacing him might be difficult.

30. Nigel de Jong really likes kicking people.

31. West Brom aren't getting relegated. Which is actually really weird to say out loud.

32. Schweinsteiger said last week he didn't really see the point of playing in the Premier League. A little part of me wept....

33. So remember when Arshavin was the, "Best Player In The World"?

34. Apparently Avram Grant really is a shit manager. Who knew!!!?

35. Ancelotti might win the league two years running and still get fired. Madness.

36. Hilariously during the last El Classico half time the pundits on the BBC said they didn't want to see that sort of diving in the Premier League. Wake up eh boys?

37. It's a month along now and during the Arsenal match I still heard someone comment that Rooney is having, "a touch of bad form."

38. Why did Carlo Cudicini decide that the Chelsea bench was less exciting than the Spurs bench?

39. No more Houllier at Villa? Well there's something to smile about today at least.

40. Is there really a chance that the front two for England's next game might be Darren Bent and Bobby Zamora? Odd.....
Old May 3rd 2011, 1:20 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ameliapond View Post
you mean the scots?
That's them.
Old May 3rd 2011, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
More things we learned -:

21. Chelsea might win the league by using the brilliant tactic of being knocked out of every other competition by February.

22. Owen Coyle was apparently called a better manager than Sam Allardyce on Radio 5, even though Coyle got Bolton to 10th, and Allardyce got them to 6th.

23. Manure paying 9 million for Bebe was totally worth it.

24. If Giggs and Scholes retire at the end of the year than Ferguson will have to break the news to Anderson (the new Ronaldinho apparently!) and Carrick that they're actually shit instead of, "I decided to play the 37 year old guy instead of you today." I'm guessing there are 19 other teams in the Premier League with a midfielder that Ferguson would prefer to Anderson.

25. David Moyes may just be the best manager in the Premier League. Spends no money, has a tiny squad and might finish 7th. Kudos to that. Of course, as soon as either Arteta or Cahill leave (I can actually see United pinching Cahill next year) then he's in trouble, but whatever. And it would be nice if Everton didn't start every season by losing their first 10 games, but whatever.

26. QPR might only be in the Premier League for just one week. Har har.

27. Owen Hargreaves will never kick a football again. Shame - very nice bloke and damn good player.

28. Osama Bin Laden has been hiding for the last 6 years in Arsenal's trophy cabinet safe in the knowledge that he wasn't about to be bothered any time soon.

29. Chelsea seemed to ignore the fact that getting rid of Ballack (a player - according to that fancy statistical computer thingy that coaches love these days - who touched the ball more and covered more ground for Chelsea than any other player) and not replacing him might be difficult.

30. Nigel de Jong really likes kicking people.

31. West Brom aren't getting relegated. Which is actually really weird to say out loud.

32. Schweinsteiger said last week he didn't really see the point of playing in the Premier League. A little part of me wept....

33. So remember when Arshavin was the, "Best Player In The World"?

34. Apparently Avram Grant really is a shit manager. Who knew!!!?

35. Ancelotti might win the league two years running and still get fired. Madness.

36. Hilariously during the last El Classico half time the pundits on the BBC said they didn't want to see that sort of diving in the Premier League. Wake up eh boys?

37. It's a month along now and during the Arsenal match I still heard someone comment that Rooney is having, "a touch of bad form."

38. Why did Carlo Cudicini decide that the Chelsea bench was less exciting than the Spurs bench?

39. No more Houllier at Villa? Well there's something to smile about today at least.

40. Is there really a chance that the front two for England's next game might be Darren Bent and Bobby Zamora? Odd.....

that's another LONG list, don't you guys have a job?

now Osama is dead we can start winning something then..
Old May 3rd 2011, 1:28 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

that's another LONG list, don't you guys have a job?

now Osama is dead we can start winning something then..
I have a feeling he's found a site to give him all this information where he can cut and paste, but he's keeping it a secret.
Old May 3rd 2011, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
I have a feeling he's found a site to give him all this information where he can cut and paste, but he's keeping it a secret.
but he must add the numbers at least, surely? or maybe is a pre-numbered list..

beats me, in most cases "exciting" and "spurs" don't go hand in hand..
Old May 3rd 2011, 1:52 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

but he must add the numbers at least, surely? or maybe is a pre-numbered list..

I am simmering on the edge of an outburst

Anyway the way Gomes is going Cudicini could well find himself starting soon (with any luck)
Old May 3rd 2011, 2:01 pm

but he must add the numbers at least, surely? or maybe is a pre-numbered list....
Hmm... Maybe he makes money out of it by doing it professionally?

I'm suddenly feeling the anger of PB who's probably been lurking in the darkness ready to come out and strike at you for that remark...
Old May 3rd 2011, 2:07 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Are there people who actually love Ronaldo?
His agent's quite fond of him.

And that bird from Big Brother who, ALLEGEDLY, did the push-me-pull-you with Ryan Giggs, apparently.
Old May 3rd 2011, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know I might've made someone angry, I feel awful.. no lurking pls

Hmm... Maybe he makes money out of it by doing it professionally?
if there's a vacancy I'm quite good at copying and pasting

Last edited by ameliapond; May 3rd 2011 at 2:12 pm.
Old May 3rd 2011, 2:20 pm

Tch. The insincerity in that almost apology was a little too transparent. Now we're screwed, she's gone to plot her revenge.

if there's a vacancy I'm quite good at copying and pasting
Maybe you should email him and find out? Easy money for something like copy/pasting is always appreciated. If there is a vacancy, ask him from me if he needs anyone else.
Old May 3rd 2011, 2:50 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Yawn.
Old May 3rd 2011, 2:57 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
Yawn.
It's just jealousy. Ignore it.
Old May 3rd 2011, 2:58 pm
Yeah that guy.

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
It's just jealousy. Ignore it.
I'm imagining the kind of person who masturbates naked on 34 cents in pennies just so they can pretend they're a dragon.

But anyway, back to your point...
Old May 3rd 2011, 3:02 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

I'm suddenly feeling the anger of PB who's probably been lurking in the darkness ready to come out and strike at you for that remark...

I refer you both to post #21 - just be careful, I'm already in a bad mood following Spurs' shafting on Saturday....
Old May 3rd 2011, 3:28 pm
Life goes on.

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
I refer you both to post #21 - just be careful, I'm already in a bad mood following Spurs' shafting on Saturday....
I almost pointed them in that direction, but there's no helping some people.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.