Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

Old May 18th 2011, 2:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all
Default Re: 20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

I was expecting your reply, not so quick though, I must say you're pretty quick with the keyboard I'll give you that
Old May 18th 2011, 2:33 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ameliapond View Post
Shouldn't someone change the thread to "140 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year"??
Nah - I once had a thread called something like "Week One In A Low Wage Job" that seemed to go on for ****ing ever.
Old May 18th 2011, 2:37 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
Nah - I once had a thread called something like "Week One In A Low Wage Job" that seemed to go on for ****ing ever.
Not only to you ...
Old May 18th 2011, 3:01 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

I loved that thread, but now find out you're a dipper? I want that karma back. However, agree with your points in your previous post - especially Bebe. Only Obertan has been worse.

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Shit - there goes my credibility.
I'm sorry, when did you get credibility? Did you buy some on eBay?
Old May 18th 2011, 3:02 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed View Post

I'm sorry, when did you get credibility? Did you buy some on eBay?
It spontaneously appeared, merely by my posting opinions contra to yours.

Weird, eh?
Old May 18th 2011, 3:05 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

It spontaneously appeared, merely by my posting opinions contra to yours.

Weird, eh?
If only I were that influential....
Old May 18th 2011, 3:32 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

- No one will ever convince me Gomes is a good keeper. Mind you, even he is better than Robert Green.

- Anyone who plays up front for Spurs. Maybe Sandra Redknapp could score more than all of them - but Harry is a total tit for selling Bent.
In terms of Spurs your observations are spot on....

Gomes has had more ups and downs than a whore's draws - he has moments of brilliance when he is world class and then moments that are so unbelievably awful it makes me weep.

Crouch has had a lot of bad press on here, but let's face it we have no decent strikers full stop - I have seen us play some brilliant football in the last few weeks, some fantastic crosses but just no decent forward to get on the end of it and finish it off, the fact that a good proportion of our goals have come from midfield this season speaks volumes.

Still we were ace in CL and next season is round the corner, a new keeper and a decent striker over the summer (pretty please) and we'll give the Mancs, Arse and Chelski something to worry
Old May 18th 2011, 3:38 pm
Life goes on.

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post

Gomes has had more ups and downs than a whore's draws - he has moments of brilliance when he is world class and then moments that are so unbelievably awful it makes me weep.

Crouch has had a lot of bad press on here, but let's face it we have no decent strikers full stop - I have seen us play some brilliant football in the last few weeks, some fantastic crosses but just no decent forward to get on the end of it and finish it off, the fact that a good proportion of our goals have come from midfield this season speaks volumes.

Still we were ace in CL and next season is round the corner, a new keeper and a decent striker over the summer (pretty please) and we'll give the Mancs, Arse and Chelski something to worry
Spurs are Bale, Lennon (although those stupid stripes through his hair and eyebrow make me want to brain him), Assou-Ekotto, Van der Vaart and Modric. The others are either mediocre or Crouch.
Old May 18th 2011, 3:47 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Spurs are Bale, Lennon (although those stupid stripes through his hair and eyebrow make me want to brain him), Assou-Ekotto, Van der Vaart and Modric. The others are either mediocre or Crouch.
They are the more skilled players in our squad granted, Ledley King is back from injury, he too is top notch and was fantastic on Sunday against the bindippers. I would also rate Sandro, Gallas, Dawson and young Danny Rose is looking like he has great potential.

Modric is by far the best we have and I just hope we can keep him
Old May 18th 2011, 3:53 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Been on the wacky baccy, have you?
Old May 18th 2011, 3:58 pm
Grace and gratitude

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
Been on the wacky baccy, have you?
Oh look what the cat's dragged in............
Old May 18th 2011, 4:00 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Oh look what the cat's dragged in............
Yeah, nice to see you too.
Old May 18th 2011, 4:06 pm
Grace and gratitude

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid View Post
Yeah, nice to see you too.
Listen love, we all know you're a closet Yid, so what d'you think about Spurs' victory on Sunday? No-one else on here has joined in my excitement so far
Old May 18th 2011, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute

Gomes, I sypathise with you on goalkeepers Pommy, Both Gomes and Almunia at Arsenal have games where they are faultless, then there are the games where they are directly responsible for the losses the teams suffer. The problem with replacing them is who out there is available and better?
I disagree with everyone about Crouch, I think he is a brilliant target man who has suffered because of the 4-5-1 system we all seem to play now, crouch can win headers and hold the ball up well and if he was in a 4-4-2 he would be World class.
The question I will ask you about the Champions league is this, Spurs played 12 games including the 2 qualifying games, in the Premier league games played after a Champions league game they won 5, drew 4 and lost 3, the 3 losses were to Wigan, Bolton and Blackpool. I would say Champions league was quite damaging to Spurs season don't you think? Just converting those 3 defeats would put you 1 point above Arsenal in 4th place.
I think Spurs biggest challenge in the closed season is not buying players it is keeping hold of the ones you have, Bale is a 50million rated target for a number of clubs with champions league football, including Man City who could offer him a head spinning deal.

Last edited by hopeful_Mark; May 18th 2011 at 4:10 pm. Reason: spelling
Old May 18th 2011, 4:15 pm
Life goes on.

Originally Posted by hopeful_Mark View Post
I disagree with everyone about Crouch, I think he is a brilliant target man who has suffered because of the 4-5-1 system we all seem to play now, crouch can win headers and hold the ball up well and if he was in a 4-4-2 he would be World class.
Are you Ameliapond's husband?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.