Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

Old May 17th 2011, 12:14 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
Quite normal behaviour for a deranged, psychopathic deviant, if you ask me.

What's your point, exactly?
Nothing, just saying....
Old May 17th 2011, 12:17 pm
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Why would you spend 4 years at college? Home economics couldn't have been that hard.
He was probably cooking the crystal meth!
Old May 17th 2011, 12:20 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Why would you spend 4 years at college? Home economics couldn't have been that hard.
Uh har de har. Actually I did my BA and an MA.
Old May 17th 2011, 12:25 pm
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
Whats that Bad Attitude and Mortuary Affairs?
Old May 17th 2011, 12:48 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Maddyjvn View Post
Whats that Bad Attitude and Mortuary Affairs?
Old May 17th 2011, 4:28 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

I did a BSc at Harvard.

Bronze Swimming Certificate.

Ok, easy with the karma now.....
Old May 17th 2011, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

I did a BSc at Harvard.

Bronze Swimming Certificate.

Ok, easy with the karma now.....
Pffffttt! I dropped out of Cambridge when I was 16...

.............the diet, that is.
Old May 17th 2011, 4:35 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Macca67 View Post
Pffffttt! I dropped out of Cambridge when I was 16...

.............the diet, that is.
16 stone?
Old May 17th 2011, 6:12 pm

16 stone?
I was thinking IQ.
Old May 17th 2011, 7:07 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking IQ.
I think you're being needlessly kind ...
Old May 18th 2011, 4:26 am

I think you're being needlessly kind ...
It was that or number of special brews he tucked away with his deep fried mars bar breakfast.
Old May 18th 2011, 2:08 pm
Yeah that guy.

Alright - just for shits and giggles tell me which player was total cack this year.

- Obvious choice is Torres. How can someone so good look so bad? Its really scary to think that in January 85 million was spent on Torres and Andy Carroll, and they both scored 3 goals between them since then.

- Whoever the training coach is at Arsenal as Fabregas, Chamakh (although that's probably a good thing - he looked terrible) and Van Persie were injured all bloody year. And Squillaci is horrible. I mean Pascal Cygan horrible.

- Birmingham brought in Hleb, Obafemi Martins and the always-will-be-shit David Bentley. All have been pretty poor. And I say that as someone hoping Liverpool would snatch Hleb away from Barca.

- Roque Santa Cruz did nothing - again. I remember listening to Talk Sport years back and their German correspondent was saying that German media were laughing so hard that a Premier League club were interested in him.

- What happened to Edin Dzeko? 27 million he was. And how bad is he if Mario Balotelli kept getting games before he did? Actually loads of flashy Man City players were bad - Boateng and James Milner had stinkers.

- I am a Liverpool fan and a total realist - and one thing that drives us up the wall is the constant wanking praise for Steven Gerrard. For 10 games a year he is incredible. Half the season - every season - he is atrocious. Positionally terrible, always blasting the ball 35 yards to no-one, and running aroudn like a tit without industry (unlike say Kuyt does) and making the rest of the team cover for him. This season was no different. It's not a coincidence that when Liverpool turned it around he was injured nearly the whole time. Easily his worst season. Oh, and he said Joe Cole was "better than Messi."

- I thought Jon Obi Mikel was found out this year. Arrogant wanker and about 1/10th the player Makelele ever was.

- No one will ever convince me Gomes is a good keeper. Mind you, even he is better than Robert Green.

- I loved Stephen Ireland at Citeh - but at Villa he's been really bad.

- Robbie Keane has had a stinker that's lasted about 18 months now.

- Bebe. Genius there. You know a player is poo when they come on as a sub, and are then subbed themselves. Did score twice as many goals as Torres this year tho. Altho I am told by a Manure friend of mine that his signing was a sneaky method to give a huge chunk of money to some football agent who'd done Manure some favors. Knowing what SAF did with Jaap Stam I wouldn't be suprised by that.

- Wayne Bridge was awful at West Ham this year. Wasn't he good once? Or was that wrong?

- Anyone who plays up front for Spurs. Maybe Sandra Redknapp could score more than all of them - but Harry is a total tit for selling Bent.

- No-one, and I mean NO-ONE has looked as awful as Joe "90k A Week" Cole this year. And no he hasn't been injured - he's just been so crap nobody wants him anywhere near the field. I love Roy Hodgson but this is a man who got rid of Mascherano and Aquilani, and replaced them with Poulsen (had one cracking game mind) and Joe Cole. And - shudder - he put Paul Konchesky in a Liverpool shirt. I've never been all that impressed with Cole, but he has been shocking.

Last edited by Captain Cheesestick; May 18th 2011 at 2:10 pm.
Old May 18th 2011, 2:11 pm
Life goes on.

Alright - just for shits and giggles tell me which player was total cack this year.
Peter Crouch. He's a fucking spectacle.

'nuff said.
Old May 18th 2011, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

- What happened to Edin Dzeko? 27 million he was. And how bad is he if Mario Balotelli kept getting games before he did?
and to think that everybody wanted a piece of him..

Peter Crouch. He's a ****ing spectacle.

'nuff said.
I'm glad I can agree with the uncle on this one ^_^

Shouldn't someone change the thread to "140 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year"??
Old May 18th 2011, 2:26 pm
Life goes on.

Originally Posted by ameliapond View Post

I'm glad I can agree with the uncle on this one ^_^

Shit - there goes my credibility.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.