Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

Old May 16th 2011, 1:51 pm
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
Didn't Forest say that too (sorry Maddy)? And City, and Leeds, and and and...
LOL I've lost count of how much shite has been discussed re: Forest...will they won't they, can they can't they...being a fan of theirs might well still give me a coronary in my early 30s!!

Obviously being the original red army....we should be up there. And I'll defend them til I die. My Dad took me at 6 months old to stand in the Trent End terraces. Well he stood I lazily sat in my carry pouch with all the hooligans. If that's not a true fan not sure what is....and if we end up in the conference then so beit.
Old May 16th 2011, 1:52 pm
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
Other things learned -

- Avram Grant will help your team into relegation if you like. He is the Israeli Dave Bassett. Add any team with Karen Brady on their staff are doomed.

- Apparently Ledley King and Jonathan Woodgate played a total of 9 times this season. That's shocking. Someone have a word and tell them to take up commentary or something.

- Darren Bent should be at a top club. If Arsenal had spent money on him instead of Chamakh (who has been dreadful) maybe they would have battered a few more teams.

- Speaking of battering, Lee Bowyer is still shit.

- Apparently Roy Hodgson is being touted for Manager of The Year. No really. From what I've read Liverpool weren't very nice to Roy.

- Robert Green and Ben Foster are not very good are they? England quality obviously.

- I would give a good deal of money to see Wigan stay up and have Blackpool go down just so that smug twat Holloway will be shown up. Tit.

- Wouldn't it be amusing if Chelski fire Ancelotti and hired Wenger?

- UEFA are an embarrassing bunch of spineless *****.

- Man City have proven once and for all that you don't need to play anything like decent football to succeed. You just need £500 million pounds.

- Astonishingly almost every Liverpool and Spurs supporter I've heard on Talk Sport yesterday and today claim to not want their clubs to play in the Europa Cup next season. How freaking arrogant is that? Especially for a club like Spurs who never get to anything interesting except once every 15 years.

- Apparently the English FA don't give a toss about the FA Cup anymore either.
Old May 16th 2011, 1:52 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

- Astonishingly almost every Liverpool and Spurs supporter I've heard on Talk Sport yesterday and today claim to not want their clubs to play in the Europa Cup next season. How freaking arrogant is that? Especially for a club like Spurs who never get to anything interesting except once every 15 years.
Is it any wonder, crappy Thursday night fixtures, Channel 5 and ITV 4, conflict with EPL and relatively little recompense compared to CL.........however that said I think you'll find the majority of Spurs fans DO want to be in Europe even if it means Europa League - the fans you get on Talk Sport are generally planks.......
Old May 16th 2011, 1:54 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Other things learned -

- Avram Grant will help your team into relegation if you like. He is the Israeli Dave Bassett. Add any team with Karen Brady on their staff are doomed.

- Speaking of battering, Lee Bowyer is still shit.

- UEFA are an embarrassing bunch of spineless *****.

- Man City have proven once and for all that you don't need to play anything like decent football to succeed. You just need £500 million pounds.

- Apparently the English FA don't give a toss about the FA Cup anymore either.
Agree, agree, agree, agree and agree. Add that complete nutjob Joey Barton to the 2nd point. It shows the moral bankruptcy of football that these criminals keep getting very highly paid work. Scumbags.

Mind you - The FA only put the FA cup on after the United game because they don't like City either.

One final thing I've learnt - the worst United side in 20 years is still the best in England.
Old May 16th 2011, 1:55 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
the fans you get on Talk Sport are generally planks.......
The word in red is superfluous.
Old May 16th 2011, 1:56 pm
Mad Moo plus 2

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Every time I see Portsmouth play I always read their shirts as 'gobshite'
And lets not talk about Forest's sponsor....bloody Victor Chandler...all a bit to ponsy for us midlanders to be honest!

And have you seen the latest fashion wears at www.nottinghamforestdirect.co.uk?

I mean are we a football team or a gay pride stockist? I ask you?????

I need to win the lottery and take them over!
Old May 16th 2011, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Maddyjvn View Post
I need to win the lottery and take them over!
I think you'd land them for about 20 quid.
Old May 16th 2011, 2:01 pm
Mad Moo plus 2

Originally Posted by ededed View Post
I think you'd land them for about 20 quid.
Bloody hell at that price I could afford them with rands....LOL
Old May 16th 2011, 2:03 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I forgot - no one will have the pleasure of watching teen-tache uber-twat Gary Neville falling over as once again he fails to stop an opposing player from just walking slowly past him.

But we will have the pleasure of watching wife-bothering racist thug John Terry fall over as he realizes that once again he is completely and totally out of position, and doesn't have Ricardo Carvalho behind him to save his useless overrated arrogant arse.
Old May 16th 2011, 2:05 pm

Oh I forgot - no one will have the pleasure of watching teen-tache uber-twat Gary Neville falling over as once again he fails to stop an opposing player from just walking slowly past him.

But we will have the pleasure of watching wife-bothering racist thug John Terry fall over as he realizes that once again he is completely and totally out of position, and doesn't have Ricardo Carvalho behind him to save his useless overrated arrogant arse.
I'm worried about that fence you have been sitting on...you really should let us know how you feel.
Old May 16th 2011, 2:22 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ameliapond View Post
Finally! Someone who knows about football, been expecting you..
I do hope you're taking notes - I sometimes doubt whether you even know what shape a football is.
Old May 16th 2011, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

you forgot to number the list
Old May 16th 2011, 2:50 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Just go ahead and use a marker-pen and write the numbers right onto your computer monitor.
Old May 16th 2011, 2:56 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

You forgot to use the "quote" button, so nobody knows who the **** you're chiding, anyway.
Old May 16th 2011, 3:02 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Ebenezer View Post
You forgot to use the "quote" button, so nobody knows who the **** you're chiding, anyway.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.