Go Back  British Expats > General > The Locker Room
Reload this Page >

20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

Old Apr 18th 2011, 3:49 pm
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute
Default 20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

1. Gareth Bale won PFA player of the year by only having one league assist and scoring only 7 goals. Wait what?

2. Fernando Torres is doing a great Shevchenko impression this year. He really does look bad. What is he - Michael Owen?

3. Arsenal can lose way more stylishly than everyone else. After 6 long trophy-less years I think Arsene has proved that he can't win anything the way he wants to. Which means Fabregas is definitely leaving. On the plus side so will Bendtner. Amusingly Arsenal will probably win the title next year.

4. Paul Scholes can't tackle.

5. Ian Holloway is an atrocious manager and I'm sick to death of hearing the Guardian bang on about how great he is every single year when his team get relegated.

6. Ashley Cole takes a gun to work.

7. Lucas Leiva isn't actually shit. However, Joe Cole is.

8. Owen Hargreaves will never play again. Shame - he's a nice bloke and a very decent player.

9. Another team sell Darren "definitely score you 20 goals at least" Bent and hilariously claim that he didn't score all their goals.

10. This is easily the most boring Premier League season on record.

11. Wayne Rooney is apparently still going through a period of "bad form" that has lasted since 2008. Still, he did manage to tell all his teammates that they're shit, that he doesn't want to play at Manure anymore, and made Fegie look like twat and somehow still managed to get a pay raise. Genius really.

12. Dimitar Berbatov was challenged by Alex Ferguson to score 20 goals this year. He has already - so this week Fergie has started going about selling him for not performing consistently. Real nice - especially as Manure might win the league and the Champions League as well.

13. The English FA are woefully stupid - suspending a player for swearing!? No really!!!!

14. Andy Carroll cost THIRTY FIVE MILLION POUNDS.

15. Man City have spent half a billion pounds and still look complete cack half the time.

16. John Terry is an enormous twat. I mean we knew that already, but this year he's managed to really emphasize it.

17. How can a team with a player as good as Scott Parker be that shit?

18. So are Stoke and Birmingham really both going to be in Europe next season then?

19. Arsene Wenger seems to think it's alright if his players take drugs.

20. Shay Given - probably the most reliable keeper in the league for the last 10 years - is sitting on the bench doing **** all.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 3:53 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 20 Things Learned From The Footy So Far This Year

Originally Posted by Herpes Simplex View Post
20. Shay Given - probably the most reliable keeper in the league for the last 10 years - is sitting on the bench doing **** all.
Well he wouldn't be on the bench if he came to Spurs, come on Shay get yourself down to WHL, we need you......
Old Apr 18th 2011, 4:03 pm
Life goes on.

Uncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Ebenezer has a reputation beyond repute

17. How can a team with a player as good as Scott Parker be that shit?
The same team that, when blessed with the likes of Bobby Moore,Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters, consistently languished in the bottom half of the first division.

I put it down to custom and karma.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Arsenal will probably win the title next year.
where do I sign?
Old Apr 19th 2011, 11:51 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

1. Gareth Bale won PFA player of the year by only having one league assist and scoring only 7 goals. Wait what?

21, After his relegation at Sheffield United and bleating about West Ham, Neil Warnock is a hypocritical cock after using a third party owned player all year.

Last edited by Manc; Apr 20th 2011 at 12:11 am.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 12:00 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

18. So are Stoke and Birmingham really both going to be in Europe next season then?
Andy Gray said Messi and Barcelona have never done it at Stoke on a wet Tuesday in November........

here's their chance......
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:13 am
Yeah that guy.

Captain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Cheesestick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc View Post
21, After his relegation at Sheffield United and bleating about West Ham, Neil Warnock is a hypocritical cock after using a third party owned player all year.
Oh I hate that arsehole as well. As for hypocrisy I was reading some of the reports about how he treats Adel Taraabt like a queen no matter how much of a dick he is to the rest of the team. There's a famous account already where he was subbed and kicked a water bottle into the dugout and Warnock let it go lest he upset his darling borrowed player. To which the Guardian did some big wanky piece about how this is great man-management on a par with the kind Harry Redknapp is famous for - which is hilarious because Harry famously told him to, and I quote, "**** off and grow up."
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:19 am
@matthewb76

Harry Redknapp..........

West Ham.......... shit and broke
Portsmouth...... broke
bournemouth ....... still recovering from him being their manager 15 years ago..............broke
Southampton ..... broke

Spurs........... "Daniel....... Daniel......... can I have some money, if I have some money We can get Spurs in the Champions League again........"

I've seen the Harry Redknapps movies before........ I know how this will end up.

if he becomes England manager I'll support the fucking French.
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 11:20 am
Yeah that guy.

Redknapp is an Enigma - he's like Venables but with a bigger trail of debt.

I would point out too that I feel bad for Arsenal. While they haven't replaced (or even tried to) people like Henry or Viera (or for that matter Flamini and Hleb who were amazing for 18 months) it's sad to see them collapse every year in February. It's really a testament to Wenger's management that he keeps that team in the Champions League every year when everyone around him spends 100 million.

The bad news is that even Arsenal fans are making fun of it now. One of my mates is an Arse and he lamented that when fans whinged about not buying anyone Wenger goes out and "buys players Liverpool normally would" - which isn't meant as a compliment.

More though it's a reflection of how football journalism drives the common wisdom. All I've read at The Guardian and heard on TalkSport is that Chelsea and Arsenal's season has been an atrocious disaster. They're 6 points behind Manure easily qualifying for the CL. Arsenal are supposedly well out of the race, whilst Chelsea are now being talked up as maybe sneaking it. Again - they have the same games played, same points. In article after article I've read about how Torres has cost Chelsea the title - even though they've only dropped 2 points since he arrived. The narratives this season have been terrible.
Old May 3rd 2011, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

I've seen the Harry Redknapps movies before........ I know how this will end up.

if he becomes England manager I'll support the fucking French.

Shush now, we all love Harry. I'd just rather not see him ditch Spurs to take on the job of England manager. It'd be a complete waste of what he's achieved at Spurs so far.

like Ronaldo, love him or hate him material..
Old May 3rd 2011, 8:11 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ameliapond View Post

like Ronaldo, love him or hate him material..
Are there people who actually love Ronaldo?
Old May 3rd 2011, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
lol
good point
Old May 3rd 2011, 11:33 am
Yeah that guy.

Originally Posted by pommybird View Post
Yeah - that breed of Manure fans who hate England.
Old May 3rd 2011, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Yeah - that breed of Manure fans who hate England.
you mean the scots?
Old May 3rd 2011, 12:07 pm
Yeah that guy.

Originally Posted by ameliapond View Post
you mean the scots?
Oh silly - you have to call them Scotch. They love that.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.