Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lab
Reload this Page >

Zoom insecurities

Zoom insecurities

Old Sep 13th 2020, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

yellow_belly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Zoom insecurities

The novelty of TEAMS meetings has worn off now. However I do quite like working from home.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 7:34 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody with better input than me on Google Classroom and its implications? It's student user friendly supposedly but I can't delete anything. Everything seems to be registered and full stop.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 7:42 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza View Post
Anybody with better input than me on Google Classroom and its implications? It's student user friendly supposedly but I can't delete anything. Everything seems to be registered and full stop.
What do you mean you can't delete anything? Are you teacher or student? Delete a resource or assessment or what? From within classroom or a linked document?
Old Sep 13th 2020, 9:19 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
What do you mean you can't delete anything? Are you teacher or student? Delete a resource or assessment or what? From within classroom or a linked document?
Working as a mum connected to the same, brand new student account as my son. An account that school gave him. I decided to download and apply the same Google so I would know what he had to do and when and he could not lie to me or tell tales and most of all, when a school assignment was on Excel or presentation or Power Point or something stupid given that most kids only had phone screens to work on, I let my kid use my big, old PC and huge monitor all the better to see things. So ---- he made a few mistakes on one online digital test and wanted to correct them - no can do. It's digital. click once, say something once and that's it. No crossing out like on paper and giving a correct answer.
Old Sep 13th 2020, 9:26 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza View Post
Working as a mum connected to the same, brand new student account as my son. An account that school gave him. I decided to download and apply the same Google so I would know what he had to do and when and he could not lie to me or tell tales and most of all, when a school assignment was on Excel or presentation or Power Point or something stupid given that most kids only had phone screens to work on, I let my kid use my big, old PC and huge monitor all the better to see things. So ---- he made a few mistakes on one online digital test and wanted to correct them - no can do. It's digital. click once, say something once and that's it. No crossing out like on paper and giving a correct answer.
That will be a setting set by the teacher/administrator; most of these tools allow for re-submission, editing, or alternatively not. I would suggest talking to the teacher and alerting them to the limitations. They may not know, while many teachers have been using these tools for years, others are trying to get up to speed with these digital tools, and are not aware of the implications of all the settings, many have not had time for testing either.
Old Sep 15th 2020, 9:34 am
Just Joined

yellow_belly is an unknown quantity at this point

View edit your answer on this page Google Classroom help