Reload this Page >

Xbox Live account: UK to USA

Xbox Live account: UK to USA

Old Dec 27th 2011, 1:35 pm
Just Joined

Lookit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Xbox Live account: UK to USA

Hi all, new user, moving to the USA in Feb

I wonder if anyone can help me: I'm trying to find out definitively what will/won't work in moving my xbox account. Am I right in saying that there's no way to change the country it's registered to? Also, if I set up a new US account, I won't be able to transfer owndership of my games/DLC to it, or use them even if I import licesnses to the new console? (last question) If I keep my UK registered account with all the hassle it entails, will I be able to access US-exclusive services like netflix/hulu?

It seems pretty absurd if MS have no mechanism in place to allow for this. I hope I've made myself clear...if anyone knows of any other issues that I need to look out for, please let me know.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 5:23 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Xbox Live account: UK to USA

Don't think exclusive stuff will work when you move it over, don't know about the DLC either.

If you do have a CC attached attached to the live account, see if you can transfer it to a giftcard before moving though, because trying to cancel the service out right is one of the biggest hassles and you don't want them nuking your credit card if you use that for other online bills.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Lookit is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the response Pretty poor from Microsoft, it really shouldn't be difficult.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 12:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lookit View Post
Thanks for the response Pretty poor from Microsoft, it really shouldn't be difficult.
No, it shouldn't....but then there shouldn't be much need for region locking consoles and DVD's etc in this day and age either
Old Jan 1st 2012, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Generally, accounts are not transferred from one region to another across the consoles. This is primarily for legal reason on the distribution of the software. In the Terms and Conditions when you purchased the DLC, they are likely to have made it clear that if the account is closed you lose rights to use the content.

It sucks. Blame the suits and their silly red tape!