Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lab
Reload this Page >

Windows 10 issue.

Windows 10 issue.

Old Feb 11th 2021, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Windows 10 issue.

This morning PC ran into the blue screen (not mine but example of the scree) and it did it's thing and PC restarted but now say's it cannot sign me into my account and signs me into a temporary account which of course has nothing and like a brand new computer is.

I tried to do a restore point but windows says its not an option.

Diagnostics say's it can't fix the issue, but no idea what the issue is.

I tried to reset and again windows say's it can't.

Tried restarting a dozen times and still same issue.

Tried everything I could find on google, and nothing has worked.

PC boots up normal now, but just can't sign into my account for whatever reason.

Any ideas or am I just screwed?

Old Feb 11th 2021, 6:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Windows 10 issue.

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
This morning PC ran into the blue screen (not mine but example of the scree) and it did it's thing and PC restarted but now say's it cannot sign me into my account and signs me into a temporary account which of course has nothing and like a brand new computer is.
I had that yesterday - or the day before, can't recall now.
For me it was that very screen. Earlier the same day I needed about three goes to post a pic from device onto BE and it said something about file error. I never had that before. It made me wonder if there was a connection because I've not had a blue screen on any of three PCs since I left the UK in 2004.

Mine restarted with no problems - but I don't operate within a MS account anyway so nothing different happens.

Have you tried safe mode, see if you can sign in that way?

Just remembered...I checked for updates and there were three available...looked only minor things but the restart after that took about 40 minutes.

Last edited by BristolUK; Feb 11th 2021 at 6:50 pm.
Old Feb 11th 2021, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I had that yesterday - or the day before, can't recall now.
For me it was that very screen. Earlier the same day I needed about three goes to post a pic from device onto BE and it said something about file error. I never had that before. It made me wonder if there was a connection because I've not had a blue screen on any of three PCs since I left the UK in 2004.

Mine restarted with no problems - but I don't operate within a MS account anyway so nothing different happens.

Have you tried safe mode, see if you can sign in that way?

Just remembered...I checked for updates and there were three available...looked only minor things but the restart after that took about 40 minutes.

I have done pretty much everything I could find as possible solutions on google and youtube, nothing has worked so far. No updates needed when I did the check for updates so seems everything is up todate.

Seems there is a corrupted file possibly for the account, but its beyond my abilities at this point I think, probably time just to try and get a new PC, this one now every restart loses everything and just isn't working correctly, and also now randomly shuts off. No idea what set the issue off, all I did this morning was turn it on, everything was normal than middle of writing an email that blue screen and then nothing, its like everything poofed into thin air.....

I hate computers sometimes.
Old Feb 11th 2021, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I have done pretty much everything I could find as possible solutions on google and youtube, nothing has worked so far. No updates needed when I did the check for updates so seems everything is up todate.

Seems there is a corrupted file possibly for the account, but its beyond my abilities at this point I think, probably time just to try and get a new PC, this one now every restart loses everything and just isn't working correctly, and also now randomly shuts off. No idea what set the issue off, all I did this morning was turn it on, everything was normal than middle of writing an email that blue screen and then nothing, its like everything poofed into thin air.....

I hate computers sometimes.
This is fixable but not an easy fix.

See the following article and try to follow the first solution.

It requires you to login with a different admin user and use registry editor to fix the bad profile.

User profile status set to backup

Good luck.
Old Feb 11th 2021, 9:58 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding resets, have you tried that in safe mode? They've only ever worked for in that way.
Old Feb 11th 2021, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Regarding resets, have you tried that in safe mode? They've only ever worked for in that way.
I am stilling trying to figure out how to get to safe mode, none of the methods I found on google worked...lol

Figured out how to get into safe mode, did the fixes I tried earlier in safe mode, but didn't make a difference, seems if those fixes dont work its an actual corrupt file or something, but its beyond my tech abilities at this point I think.

Last edited by Jsmth321; Feb 11th 2021 at 10:49 pm.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 2:51 pm
Thems the Vagaries

LuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond reputeLuTziE has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure, but this may help (google)

Before you do anything or move any files around
Restart (not shut down) your PC 4 times, each time let your PC get to the Desktop before the next restart, this will fix this issue a lot of the time . ..

Otherwise:

Please open Windows File Explorer
Navigate to C:\Users
Do you see two user folders that look like yours?
Open those folders and check inside Pictures, Documents . . . etc. and see if your files are there

If your files are there:

Create a new user profile with Admin privileges
Copy all your data from the old profile to the new profile (Documents Library, Pictures Library . . . etc.)

If you still have not found your files, look for a Windows.old folder on your C Drive, expand that to open the users folder contained inside - check there for your files, icons . . .etc.

If you do find your files . . . etc. there, copy them out as soon as possible as Windows will remove the Windows.old folder in time

NOTE VERY IMPORTANT: Do Not copy your files into the Temporary profile you are currently in, when the situation is corrected, your files will be deleted with the Temporary Profile and will not be recoverable !!
Old Feb 24th 2021, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Windows 10 issue.

Hello, before anything please explain what kind of PC you have, how old it is and what kind of connection you have to the Internet.