Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lab
Reload this Page >

vpn for iplayer

vpn for iplayer

Old Jan 28th 2018, 4:51 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: vpn for iplayer

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
A question if I may? Why use VPN for external connectivity at a business level - your enterprise network connecting to a third party's network?

Was that because of scale or manageability or compatibility or ???

Reason for asking is that whilst wearing one of my many hats in my previous incarnation, I developed and supported various intelligent file transfer and messaging applications from our lot to business partners via the Internet.

We used SSH/SSL, key-exchanges, no passwords in sight for the production systems connectivity to business partners, most of these held confidential data, but all were considered business critical so had to be both robust and secure. Did someone break SSH/SSL?
I dont think im allowed to talk about all the uses, we just had circumstances where we had to be anonymous connections to 3rd parties - discussable - use cases when doing ‘test’ purchases of goods or services, another was penetration testing.

Yes ssl is technically broken, but you need a pile of x-boxes to do it, never heard of a malicious exploit. However blowfish remains unbroken... much to the americans annoyance.
Old Jan 28th 2018, 5:06 pm
European

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by uk_grenada View Post
I dont think im allowed to talk about all the uses, we just had circumstances where we had to be anonymous connections to 3rd parties - discussable - use cases when doing ‘test’ purchases of goods or services, another was penetration testing.

Yes ssl is technically broken, but you need a pile of x-boxes to do it, never heard of a malicious exploit. However blowfish remains unbroken... much to the americans annoyance.
Thanks for that, horses for courses I guess. I can see that VPN would better suit the anonymous requirement, also useful for penetration testing.

I don't have a single x-box let alone a pile, and besides OH would kill me if I started to express interest in that sphere again. Not that I particularly want to, I was just curious.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone familiar with Psiphon and will it work for iplayer?
I've been using "Tunnel Bear" but having trouble connecting lately.
Old Feb 22nd 2018, 11:02 pm
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Hoxx is now back to working first time every time.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
So far so good.
Old Feb 24th 2018, 9:20 pm
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnwoo View Post
So far so good.
Remember to turn it off when done as it sometimes impacts on other sites.
Old Apr 14th 2019, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Hoxx doesn't have the UK in its free option.

Hola stopped working.
Wanted to watch Line of Duty s05s03 as I forgot to record it but I guess I'm out of luck.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 1:26 pm
A girly swot

Originally Posted by ameliapond View Post
Hoxx doesn't have the UK in its free option.
Wanted to watch Line of Duty s05s03 as I forgot to record it but I guess I'm out of luck.
My Hoxx is the free one and UK is still there.

Have you tried Beebs/Beebs Premium with Opera?

Line of Duty also here

Old Apr 15th 2019, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

ameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to allameliapond is a name known to all

Hi thanks, in the end I managed to watch the full episode on good old Youtube, I guess they'll remove it soon though. Or not.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Currently watching Spiral on iPlayer via Hoxx.
A bit out of topic, anyone knows where I can watch Spiral except iPlayer, and possibly on Android? Missed too many episodes and would love to catch up. Thanks

Last edited by ameliapond; Apr 15th 2019 at 5:35 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 6:58 pm
A girly swot

A bit out of topic, anyone knows where I can watch Spiral except iPlayer, and possibly on Android? Missed too many episodes and would love to catch up. Thanks
Well that's a surprise. It's disappeared from many of the usual sites, even as Engrenages, and although it's listed on Primewire I just selected some random episodes and they're not there.

That's very unusual.

Old Apr 15th 2019, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

You can get all six episodes on Mhz, you do have to subscribe to it however. Not sure about Android. You should be able to get it with android tv.
Try a free trial subscription and binge watch.
Old Jun 16th 2019, 4:33 pm
I still dont believe it..

uk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond reputeuk_grenada has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnsmith212 View Post
Well I was using <snip> I was in Dubai and BBC & ITV worked OK. I would recommend that you use one of the smaller companies as the larger ones are starting to get blocked by both the BBC and the UAE gov. Always switch off GPS if you are using a tablet or smart phone as that can give your location away even when using a VPN. Always best to find a coupon.
Basic lack of understanding of how you get your location found out. There is nothing to do with location services or GPS, it has everything to do with your IP address and also where you get your DNS service .

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jun 16th 2019 at 9:01 pm. Reason: Advertised company removed
Old Jun 16th 2019, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well by quoting it it was re-spammed.

Hola getting now blocked at all times..
Old Jun 17th 2019, 8:12 pm
A girly swot

Well that's a surprise. It's disappeared from many of the usual sites, even as Engrenages, and although it's listed on Primewire I just selected some random episodes and they're not there.

That's very unusual.
If you are still looking it seems they have reappeared here but you may need to search season by season. And with patience.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.