Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lab
Reload this Page >

vector image

vector image

Old Mar 11th 2019, 10:13 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default vector image

I do not have a clue about this so need help.

I am trying to have bags printed with a greyscaled photo and the name of a town to raise money for the people. The company told me that I need to have a vectored image prepared but even after downloading an app I am no further forward with this. Are there any experts on here who could help me?

Rosemary
Old Mar 11th 2019, 9:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: vector image

I'm sure some expert will come along with exactly the answer you're after. And I'll be interested too in reading their reply.
Although I've never prepared a vectored image, the subject matter interested me. Incidently, what app did you download?
In the meantime, you could try the following. Go to YouTube and type in, 'How to create a vector image using (the name of your app)', or 'How to convert image into vector graphics with '(the name of your app)'.
Old Mar 12th 2019, 10:23 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe View Post
I'm sure some expert will come along with exactly the answer you're after. And I'll be interested too in reading their reply.
Although I've never prepared a vectored image, the subject matter interested me. Incidently, what app did you download?
In the meantime, you could try the following. Go to YouTube and type in, 'How to create a vector image using (the name of your app)', or 'How to convert image into vector graphics with '(the name of your app)'.
Thank you for your reply.

One of the apps that I downloaded has good video instructions with it. Here is a link https://www.scan2cad.com/learn-v10/

Today I am one step forward in so far as I have now found that there are too many colours in the greyscaled image for it to be successful. I have found another image that is a black and white conversion of a photo so converted this but when I try to open it again on my computer my system states that this is an unknown format.

Rosemary
Old Mar 12th 2019, 3:33 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: vector image

What you need is a Vector image which is not a raster pixel based image, vector images are built up out of vertices, lines and things like that and their advantage is they resize without getting any jagged edges and getting pixelated and if there is text in a vector image it remains editable.

What image do you have to use? Illustrator can trace a raster image and convert it to a vector one.
Old Mar 12th 2019, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Chatter Static View Post
What you need is a Vector image which is not a raster pixel based image, vector images are built up out of vertices, lines and things like that and their advantage is they resize without getting any jagged edges and getting pixelated and if there is text in a vector image it remains editable.

What image do you have to use? Illustrator can trace a raster image and convert it to a vector one.

Originally it was a photo transferred into a word document, then a pdf.

A few minutes ago I had decided to give up on my idea but now I think that I will play with it in illustrator. Tend to be like a dog with a bone when I cannot achieve something so was disappointed to throw in the towel.

Thank you

Rosemary
Old Mar 13th 2019, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: vector image

A professional printer would have no trouble converting it for you as they have all the gear in house. Some might charge a small fee.
If these guys won't do it just go find one that will.

It's not only a matter of converting the image, it also has to be resized for their processes to get the required result.
Another good reason to let them do it.

Last edited by calman014; Mar 13th 2019 at 12:15 am.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by calman014 View Post
A professional printer would have no trouble converting it for you as they have all the gear in house. Some might charge a small fee.
If these guys won't do it just go find one that will.

It's not only a matter of converting the image, it also has to be resized for their processes to get the required result.
Another good reason to let them do it.
The ones that I had lined up to complete the job said that had to provide the image in vector format so I thought that this would be a standard requirement. I will not contact a few others.

Thank you

Rosemary