Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lab
Reload this Page >

Should buy a gaming laptop?

Should buy a gaming laptop?

Old Jan 20th 2021, 8:36 am
Just Joined

petersmith98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Should buy a gaming laptop?

I mean buying a gaming laptop or buying a pc. I am wondering, because the pc will be more powerful than the laptop, but the laptop utilities bring are undeniable.
Old Jan 20th 2021, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Should buy a gaming laptop?

One of the first questions must be 'Do you ever intend to play games whilst travelling, away on holidays' etc. If the answer is NO then a desktop pc does make more sense.
A desktop pc generally offers more power for the buck.
From my experience resale value (and ease of sale) on a recognised name gaming laptop such as Razer, MSI, Alienware or Asus is geneally far better than a high-end gaming desktop.
Apple MacBooks or desktops have never been designed as gaming computers, although arguably the gap has been significantly narrowed with the introduction of 9th core i7 processors, and now the new M1 chip. The downside being they are expensive, and on most of their laptops especially high-end (MacBook Pro 16") RAM memory is non upgradeable after purchase.
Although not gaming computers per se, the latest Mac models with the new M1 chip are creating a lot of buzz, but personally I think the newer M1 chip models to be announced later in 2021 will be superior and possibly more adapted to gaming. Same with a later 2021 M1 Mac Mini.