Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lab
Reload this Page >

post Filmon?

post Filmon?

Old Jan 27th 2019, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default post Filmon?

I really miss the free online TV we used to be able to get

Confined to bed with a cold, I am bored to death with( some) forum threads on here.Even Youtube isn't holding my attention

I want to be able to watch funny stuff like some sitcoms .I'm in Portugal and anything remotely interesting I have looked at like Crackle isn't available here

Am I doomed? or is there something else out there?
Old Jan 28th 2019, 12:29 am
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: post Filmon?

Opera or Chrome Browsers with free Beebs add on gets you BBC iPlayer

Plenty of movies and TV shows on Primewire or alternative
Also watchseries
They can be a bit fiddly (a couple of pop-ups but ublockorigin add-on takes care of most) but once you get used to it it's easy. I watch tons of stuff on those, no signups needed at all.

And, of course, Netflix.
Old Jan 28th 2019, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

Have you not got access to NETFLIX and Amazon in PT? Plenty of stuff on there to be enjoyed.

Do you have a satellite dish?

Google Chromecast, Amazon Firestick or Apple TV are also options, depending on what's available in your location.
Old Jan 29th 2019, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by calman014 View Post
Have you not got access to NETFLIX and Amazon in PT? Plenty of stuff on there to be enjoyed.

Do you have a satellite dish?

Google Chromecast, Amazon Firestick or Apple TV are also options, depending on what's available in your location.

Yes I do have Netflix and Apple TV but for my location ( Portugal ) I have found the choice quite poor...
Google don't seem to cover Portugal.
Tried Sony Crackle but they also don't cover Portugal

Not looked at Amazon Firestick

Thank you
Old Jan 29th 2019, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Opera or Chrome Browsers with free Beebs add on gets you BBC iPlayer

Plenty of movies and TV shows on Primewire or alternative
Also watchseries
They can be a bit fiddly (a couple of pop-ups but ublockorigin add-on takes care of most) but once you get used to it it's easy. I watch tons of stuff on those, no signups needed at all.

And, of course, Netflix.
Not heard of those first three...Will take a look

Thank you
Old Jan 29th 2019, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

Amazon Prime Video is what I meant to say.. the Firestick is just a device you can plug in to the TV.

Here are some more to look at:

https://www.techhive.com/article/333...azon-hulu.html
Old Jan 29th 2019, 7:57 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Amazon and Netflix suck big time when you step out of the English speaking content zones, Stupid outdated licensing issues.

I might change my name to "That content is not available in your region" it might help next time im in court.
Old Jan 30th 2019, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
I really miss the free online TV we used to be able to get

Confined to bed with a cold, I am bored to death with( some) forum threads on here.Even Youtube isn't holding my attention

I want to be able to watch funny stuff like some sitcoms .I'm in Portugal and anything remotely interesting I have looked at like Crackle isn't available here

Am I doomed? or is there something else out there?
If it's free TV you want and you have a good, steady download speed, then all you need is Smart DNS or VPN surely? I'm very happy with what is available.
Old Jan 30th 2019, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

bjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to beholdbjgironde is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BillBullock View Post
If it's free TV you want and you have a good, steady download speed, then all you need is Smart DNS or VPN surely? I'm very happy with what is available.
Yep, A smart DNS provider works for me too and is never blocked, iPlayer, ITV Hub, Ch4, Ch5, Amazon Prime UK ( yes you have to have a UK credit card and address for the last one) The one I use is https://unlocator.com/ I think they are the only one that give you a 7 day free trial, so you can see if it works for you and its easy to set up.
I tried a VPN, but because it encrypts the data, it slows it down (unlike smart DNS which doesn't) and with the low speed I have it buffered too much.
Old Jan 30th 2019, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

I have been very happy with smartdnsproxy for many years at $US20 per year. Then there's Intelsat 907 for mainstream UK TV. We don't have enough time for much more viewing.
Old Jan 30th 2019, 7:43 pm
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bjgironde View Post
...unlocator....I think they are the only one that give you a 7 day free trial, so you can see if it works for you and its easy to set up.
I don't think I ever saw one that doesn't give a free trial
I tried a VPN, but because it encrypts the data, it slows it down (unlike smart DNS which doesn't) and with the low speed I have it buffered too much.
I don't remember seeing that issue mentioned before. Hoxx doesn't seem to be any good for BBC anymore (comes and goes) but it still works for ITV. Beebs still works for BBC.
I have been very happy with smartdnsproxy for many years at $US20 per year. Then there's Intelsat 907 for mainstream UK TV. We don't have enough time for much more viewing.
I really only use ITV and BBC for the live sport that I'm less able to get here. There are so many reliable streaming sites that have shows within an hour or so of broadcast. There really is too much to see.

Old Jan 31st 2019, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Don't I need a British credit card and address for those ?
Old Jan 31st 2019, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
Don't I need a British credit card and address for those ?
I don't think you need a British credit card for smart DNS or a VPN. For BBC iPlayer, you need a UK address.