Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lab
Reload this Page >

Outlook email 'chains'

Outlook email 'chains'

Old Apr 9th 2019, 2:56 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Outlook email 'chains'

I don't know if I can even describe this properly, but I'll have a go and will appreciate an help.

My Hotmail account (which I'd had forever) was automatically changed a couple of years back to Outlook. Ever since then I've had an annoying problem which I'll try to explain via an example.

A sends me an email.
I forward this email to B.
B replies.
I then want to reply to A's initial email, but not include my forward to B and B's reply.
So I just click on the reply button in A's initial email, and only A's address is in the To line.
Checking my Sent items, my reply to A is followed by all the above emails, not only A's initial email but my forward to B and B's reply.

Also, A's initial email is no longer a stand alone email in my Inbox, every forward, response and reply is now linked together into a long chain.

I fairly confident that the long email chain is just how the emails appear in my Inbox and Sent items, and that the recipients of my subsequent emails get just that email and not the chain. I hope so anyway, as I'm talking with my solicitor and a property developer and I don't want the latter to be privy to my discussions with my solicitor!

No idea if you can work out what I'm on about but here's hoping. I've search Outlook 'Help' and it's bloody useless. Cheers.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Outlook email 'chains'

I think I understand.
If you're using the "New Outlook" interface, go to settings (the gear at the top right) and select "View all Outlook settings".
Under Message Organization, select "Show email as individual messages"

If you're not using Outlook, I have no idea.
Old Apr 9th 2019, 3:25 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chawkins99 View Post
I think I understand.
If you're using the "New Outlook" interface, go to settings (the gear at the top right) and select "View all Outlook settings".
Under Message Organization, select "Show email as individual messages"

If you're not using Outlook, I have no idea.
Chawkins, you absolute bloody legend! Did as you suggested and it's all sorted. If you're ever in Western Australia give me a shout, Scouse and I will buy you several beers
Old Apr 9th 2019, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

chawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond reputechawkins99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
Chawkins, you absolute bloody legend! Did as you suggested and it's all sorted. If you're ever in Western Australia give me a shout, Scouse and I will buy you several beers
Glad to help.