Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lab
Reload this Page >

Nice to know

Nice to know

Old Jul 3rd 2018, 3:59 pm
it's not true!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nice to know

And this is acceptable?

3rd party access to Gmail
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 5:15 pm
Somewhat uncouth

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nice to know

Good heavens. Someone might be stealing all my opportunities to get millions of dollars for free.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 5:17 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

If you've given a 3rd party apps access to your email then yes.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 5:39 pm
it's not true!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer View Post
If you've given a 3rd party apps access to your email then yes.
Yes but they shouldn't need it!
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 7:22 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
Then that's for the user to take up with the 3rd party not Google.
Old Jul 7th 2018, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

In some cases you, the user, voluntarily grant access to a third party application to read your email. Ex. If I grant Tripit access to my email to automatically pull email related to a trip I just booked, then it has access to read my email, and depending how the application is developed (if it is secure or not) the developer could be pulling all of my email to read for his/her personal pleasure.

Its a trust decision by the end user whether to grant access (I personally don't do that) but by no means is it big brother Google purposely granting access to your emails without your consent, this would be something you signed into and it popped up with that box asking if you want to grant permissions and you, the end user, said yes to that. You can go in and revoke in anytime.

I don't see the issue here.
Old Jul 8th 2018, 12:40 am
Somewhat uncouth

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gozit View Post
...the developer could be pulling all of my email to read for his/her personal pleasure....
Cybersex is so 90s.
Old Jul 8th 2018, 8:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

And this is acceptable?

3rd party access to Gmail

If we go from the premise that 'everything' on the net. is open to third parties .since that weasel Zuckerberg first sold FB info to the US Government..Then this should not be a surprise. i have used WhatsApp since it started, not only because its free, but because it had an encrypted system... Horrified to learn that the promise made by Google,when they bought it two years ago , has already been broken. YEP. broke the encryption 'sold the info. You can almost guarantee that if it's a US owned company ,they will be out to make extra money from it, and b****r ethics