Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lab
Reload this Page >

Microsoft Teams broken

Microsoft Teams broken

Old Feb 26th 2021, 1:59 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Microsoft Teams broken

I have Teams as part of my Office package, only it's stopped working. I have read that are are issues with it at the moment in general, but I'm not clear on what I can do to fix it, or whether I just have to wait for some sort of update thing.

It simply won't load. It starts to load, as in the little window pops up and it says "loading microsoft teams", but it never loads and I can't close the little window, either. I've done restarts, cleared cache, etc etc. Do I just have to wait for Microsoft to fix this, or is it me?

Laptop, Windows 10.
Old Feb 28th 2021, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Microsoft Teams broken

How are you accessing the program?

Have you installed something on your PC or are you logging in online through your office account?

What kind of connection do you have to Internet?
Old Mar 1st 2021, 1:38 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by calman014 View Post
How are you accessing the program?

Have you installed something on your PC or are you logging in online through your office account?

What kind of connection do you have to Internet?
Ugh - both? I have "Integrated Office" installed on my laptop, but I also have "One Drive" and Office 365. I can log join someone else's Teams meeting on the web, but not through my own Teams since it won't open. It doesn't ask me to sign into anything, doesn't get that far. Outlook from Office 365 is opening and running fine.

I use an ethernet cable when I'm working, due to the wifi not being great at my desk, but wifi everywhere else. Doesn't seem to make a difference.

Old Mar 1st 2021, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

You are best to use the online version rather than the installed app. It's a bandwidth hog.

TEAMS is an online service anyway, rather than something that needs to be on your PC.

Try the online version. If it works well, uninstall the local app.
Old Mar 2nd 2021, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by calman014 View Post
You are best to use the online version rather than the installed app. It's a bandwidth hog.

TEAMS is an online service anyway, rather than something that needs to be on your PC.

Try the online version. If it works well, uninstall the local app.
OK - let me see what I can do. I think it just came with the Office 365 I subscribed to, but the people I'm contracting with use it all the time and send me meeting requests using it.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Mar 2nd 2021 at 12:39 am.