Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lab
Reload this Page >

Kindle woes

Kindle woes

Old Sep 29th 2019, 12:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kindle woes

I have a second generation Kindle which I thought had finally died in May. Subsequently ordered a new one in June...waited two months and recieved three emails from Amazon telling me they were 'trying to deliver my order ' ? Umm how's that when its listed for sale on their site ?Was encouraged to cancel so I did in July. In late July went to Amazon UK and ordered same article again.....and yes... received emails saying they were having difficulty delivering would I like to cancel.... NO I would not. as meanwhile they had managed to deliver a converter plug

Meanwhile... I had plugged i my old Kindle in to see if a 24 hr boot up would do anything. Its a miracle, its alive !!! Only downside is it will no longer connect to the Kindle store....Numerous attempts to get some coherent help out of kindle help line have failed .The last one today involving paying a fee on my credit card for just hearing the same questions we no answers attached...

Anyone else ticked off with Amazon and their lousy service..No idea what to do now
Old Sep 29th 2019, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kindle woes

If I had to bet on it I'd say that a weak battery is the main culprit here. Even if a 24hr charge put some life back into it, discharge will be rapid with a tired battery especially as it struggles to find a wifi signal. Check out the following tutorials for trouble-shooting steps and eventual battery change:

A new battery can be found on Ebay or Amazon and easily fitted in about 20mins even with little or no prior knowledge of diy repairs.
iFixit has become my 'bible' for so many different fixes, and has over the last few years saved me a great deal of money staying out of Apple repair shops and the like.
Old Nov 12th 2019, 1:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kindle woes

Sorry Tweedpipe as you can see I haven't been back here in awhile... I will certainly try getting a new battery...Ten years is some going when you think about it.

I have a huge beef about Amazon and their policies..their elusiveness..impossible to get hold of them if you live in Europe...I once spent hours on the phone speaking to 12 yr olds about an earlier problem with updating this kindle..eventually getting what I assume was a mature lady? in the Caribbean (at 4am.).She solved it in minutes...And no the second kindle order has still not arrived...and no...I am not going to cancel it.

Thanks for trying to help