Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lab
Reload this Page >

Creating bits of video from a live cam stream?

Creating bits of video from a live cam stream?

Old Feb 26th 2020, 4:01 am
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Creating bits of video from a live cam stream?

I would like to be able to create small bits of vid from a live stream ( copyright allowed)

Which is the best app for that please? Safe. Free/Cheap/Easy.
Old Feb 26th 2020, 8:28 am
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Creating bits of video from a live cam stream?

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
I would like to be able to create small bits of vid from a live stream ( copyright allowed)

Which is the best app for that please? Safe. Free/Cheap/Easy.
Is the source yootoob? As in, what would the filetype be?

Are you running on Windows or Mac or ???
Old Feb 26th 2020, 11:54 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Is the source yootoob? As in, what would the filetype be?

Are you running on Windows or Mac or ???

Yis. Yootoob and Windows10.
Old Feb 27th 2020, 10:02 am
BEfuddled

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Yis. Yootoob and Windows10.
Confession time... My Windows media machine suffered an accident and is currently bricked, so I can't point you to all of the stuff that I use just at the moment. My video editor of choice is EditStudio. It's not free, but not that expensive. I do have a free, safe downloader/converter (on the bricked machine, obviously), but the name escapes me.

Have a look at this article to see if there's anything that might fit your requirement: https://www.pcmag.com/news/how-to-do...youtube-videos

I may have to put out a distress call to the Windows gurus on here to help me recover Windows from my very recent system image; the annoying thing is that I've trodden this path before on a different machine, this time around it's not falling into place...
Old Mar 8th 2020, 9:43 pm
Somewhere

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy View Post
Confession time... My Windows media machine suffered an accident and is currently bricked, so I can't point you to all of the stuff that I use just at the moment. My video editor of choice is EditStudio. It's not free, but not that expensive. I do have a free, safe downloader/converter (on the bricked machine, obviously), but the name escapes me.

Have a look at this article to see if there's anything that might fit your requirement: https://www.pcmag.com/news/how-to-do...youtube-videos

I may have to put out a distress call to the Windows gurus on here to help me recover Windows from my very recent system image; the annoying thing is that I've trodden this path before on a different machine, this time around it's not falling into place...

Ok. Will see what I can see. I just want to be able to take some snippets from a live cam.

Hope you've managed to unbrick your machine.
Old Apr 3rd 2020, 9:23 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Screencastify?