Go Back  British Expats > General > The Lab
Reload this Page >

Any Computer experts here..Windows Live Mail problem

Any Computer experts here..Windows Live Mail problem

Old Jan 5th 2009, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all
Default Any Computer experts here..Windows Live Mail problem

Anyone help me with this problem?

When I open WLM, I get the following message:

Recovering the Windows Live mail database.

Then

Windows live mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Windows live message store. Windows live mail was unable to locate its message database. If you have moved the database files to a new location then click OK to reset the databasepath to that location. Otherwise, click cancel to proceed, any existing messages found will be avaliable under Orphaned Accounts. (0x00000000. 2)

If I click either OK or cancel, I then get the following message:

Windows live mail could not be started. the application was unable to open the Windows Live mail message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full. (0.8000FFFF. 1400).

Then I get the following message:

Windows live mail could not be started because msmail.dllcould not be initialized. Windows live mail may not be correctly installed.

I have re-installed WLM 3 times now, so thats not the problem. Using Vista and WLM was working fine upto 2 days ago.

Any help would be happily recieved.

Thank you
Old Jan 5th 2009, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any Computer experts here..Windows Live Mail problem

Originally Posted by seat151 View Post

Then

Windows live mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Windows live message store. Windows live mail was unable to locate its message database. If you have moved the database files to a new location then click OK to reset the databasepath to that location. Otherwise, click cancel to proceed, any existing messages found will be avaliable under Orphaned Accounts. (0x00000000. 2)

Windows live mail could not be started. the application was unable to open the Windows Live mail message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full. (0.8000FFFF. 1400).

Windows live mail could not be started because msmail.dllcould not be initialized. Windows live mail may not be correctly installed.

I have re-installed WLM 3 times now, so thats not the problem. Using Vista and WLM was working fine upto 2 days ago.

Thank you
Hi, I use live mail on my vista laptop which was having problems sometimes not opening etc, also internet connection problems, they (I.T at work) installed a new patch that is out on the Microsoft website and all seems fine now.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Dazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud ofDazster has much to be proud of

I'm a senior software developer, and the advice I always give to people is to get a google mail account. You can manage your mail with a web browser or with any mail client. And you have the choice of IMAP or POP3. Also your email address is not tied to any ISP.

Probably not what you wanted to hear right now but it's good advice nonetheless.

Cheers,
Dazster
Old Jan 14th 2009, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

saxtonj is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by seat151 View Post

Then

Thank you
Do you have a system restore point you can recover to? Sounds very much like a virus or an aborted update?

I would have to agree with Dazster that in the long run - get yourself an internet email account (googlemail, yahoo, hotmail etc) and use that - travels the world and ISP's.

Regards

James
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

spanishfly is an unknown quantity at this point

I would recommend downloading and installing the Microsoft Installer Cleanup utility from MS....the link is

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Run this and any reference to Windows Live or MSN remove the botched installs and try to reinstall. I had a similair problem with iTunes for a long time and that sorted it out.