Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

World Cup 2014 - Who will win?

World Cup 2014 - Who will win?

Old Jun 17th 2014, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

llareggub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: World Cup 2014 - Who will win?

Brazil other than a 10 minute section do not deserve to win, and let's face it they didn't deserve to win the first game either and the ref should start booking them for diving!
Old Jun 17th 2014, 9:04 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by llareggub
Brazil other than a 10 minute section do not deserve to win, and let's face it they didn't deserve to win the first game either and the ref should start booking them for diving!
The dive cracked us up, his face looking for the ref was like a kiddie looking for his mum "look mummy, I fell, did you see it mummy" at least the ref didn't let him away with it this time and agree, they need a deterrent.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rural Hungary
The dive cracked us up, his face looking for the ref was like a kiddie looking for his mum "look mummy, I fell, did you see it mummy" at least the ref didn't let him away with it this time and agree, they need a deterrent.
Fred was awful ... very static ... he didn't seem to move much ...
Old Jun 18th 2014, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Guillermo Ochoa, Mexico's goalkeeper, was brilliant .... probably worth a few more quid now than before the World Cup.
Old Jun 18th 2014, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Guillermo Ochoa, Mexico's goalkeeper, was brilliant .... probably worth a few more quid now than before the World Cup.
He will probably earn a few more quid but he is out of contract so is available for free, he did have a great game but the centre half were also superb!
Old Jun 18th 2014, 12:52 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I'm getting better at this stuff as I said the exact same to hubby during the match. As LL said, free at the moment after Ajaccio didn't sign him up again.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 6:21 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Good luck England
Old Jun 20th 2014, 7:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Oh dear. That was the only game of footie I watched. I think (for what its worth) that had it not been for Saurez we would have won.
Old Jun 20th 2014, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

cathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond reputecathyg has a reputation beyond repute

Yes sometimes it feels all pretty predictable. Still we watched it on the big screen at Ovaros Ter in Veszprem. Very civilised. Will go and watch some of the main matches there. I think the World Cup final stages also coincides with the Beer festival
Old Jun 20th 2014, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cathyg
Yes sometimes it feels all pretty predictable. Still we watched it on the big screen at Ovaros Ter in Veszprem. Very civilised. Will go and watch some of the main matches there. I think the World Cup final stages also coincides with the Beer festival
Excellent Cathy! We were at the local kocsma...and was drinking Russian pezsgő....ouch my head!
Old Jun 20th 2014, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Being disappointed whilst watching England just becomes normal

Hey oh, great atmosphere in a bar in St Malo, just me and the bar man cheering on England and he was only doing so as he bet on them!

Back this evening for the France game
Old Jun 21st 2014, 7:21 am
I bite my thumb at thee

I had my soccer mum friend round with her daughter, snacks and drinks followed by disappointment.

Yes Pol, wouldn't wish it on anybody but if only Suarez had taken another few days before being 100% fit. That said, I didn't think it helped them playing Rooney in the number 10, yes he scored but that was laid on for him. They were so pedestrian ,no invention or passion, the only time there was a spark was in the Italy game and that came from Sterling, Sturridge and Welbeck. Putting Rooney in 10 seemed to dampen what little there had been.
Old Jun 21st 2014, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Hope England put on younger players, preferably under 25, next match to give them some experience.
Old Jun 21st 2014, 5:57 pm
I bite my thumb at thee

Hope England put on younger players, preferably under 25, next match to give them some experience.
My thoughts exactly Fen
Old Jun 23rd 2014, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

atox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the roughatox is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by cathyg
Still we watched it on the big screen at Ovaros Ter in Veszprem.
Do you know if they also show the late night matches there? I'd like to watch Belgium-S. Korea there this week but it's at 10PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.