Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Trouble Brewing in Hungary

Trouble Brewing in Hungary

Old Nov 6th 2014, 1:58 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Trouble Brewing in Hungary

Am I the only one who has noticed a slew of anti-Hungary/anti-Orban news articles all over the internet the past few weeks?

Looks like the same usual suspects that started the conflict in Ukraine are trying to foment a revolution in Hungary. Seems like that certain peoples whose names I shall not mention do not like the fact that Hungary is GMO free, Has kicked out the IMF and World Bank and is not going along with central banking by the money lenders.

I applaud Orban and the Hungarian government for trying to retain sovereignty over their own affairs. I do not blame them for not wanting to be over run with the types that have turned some of the Northern EU states into hotbeds of 3rd world blight and cultural Marxism. What is wrong with Hungary retaining its cultural heritage and strong family values?

I see absolutely nothing wrong with things staying pretty much the same in Hungary. I am not saying I support everything that Orban/Fidesz do I am saying Hungary should be allowed to retain its heritage and values and not be ruled by a bunch of un-elected bureaucrats and media types in Brussels and by globalist NWO bankers.

Am I that wrong to feel the way I do?
Old Nov 7th 2014, 3:57 am
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trouble Brewing in Hungary

Some articles I found today are below

Anti-Orban activists mobilise in Hungary

Hungary's tax chief says she is on U.S. travel ban list: paper

Hungary suspends Internet tax after huge protests

Hungary re-elects PM Viktor Orban - Telegraph
Old Nov 8th 2014, 9:46 pm
Banned

Interesting YouTube video on why Hungary is being smeared by the media.

Hungary is a bright and shinning star in the EU zone and the EU and US will not be happy unless they can get Hungary broke and saddled with unpayable debts. The powers that be want the entire globe enslaved to a world wide central bank and every one so indebted they cannot resist their plans.

Last edited by Jack_Russells4ever; Nov 8th 2014 at 9:51 pm.
Old Nov 9th 2014, 9:21 pm
Banned

And another. Do you suppose we are seeing the beginning of the next Ukraine? Does anyone even care that this could lead to tension with our Host here in Hungary? There is no doubt in my mind that the same forces that fomented the strife in Ukraine are doing the same thing over again.

Protest in Hungary demands tax chief's resignation
Old Nov 10th 2014, 3:14 am
Banned

Hungarians protest against corruption, want tax chief sacked
Old Nov 10th 2014, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
And another. Do you suppose we are seeing the beginning of the next Ukraine? Does anyone even care that this could lead to tension with our Host here in Hungary? There is no doubt in my mind that the same forces that fomented the strife in Ukraine are doing the same thing over again.

Protest in Hungary demands tax chief's resignation
Some of my Hungarian friends (in 50's) have stopped working because they are taxed so heavily so it may just be a home grown issue. Everyone is using the internet now to stir up anything.
Old Nov 15th 2014, 3:46 am
Banned

No one is saying that Hungary is perfect as is...but what place is? Here is another link to another negative story about Hungary. I think Hungary is a gem as it is and should be left alone. The NWO types are hellbent upon turning Hungary into the next Ukraine. That would be a terrible tragedy for all the people of Hungary and for that matter everyone.

EU allies alarmed at Hungary's Kremlin drift

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin...on-in-hungary/

Last edited by Jack_Russells4ever; Nov 15th 2014 at 5:01 am. Reason: spelling
Old Nov 18th 2014, 2:54 am
Banned

Monday another article. The EU and USA are behind this rash of articles and rable rousing. I smell another Ukraine civil war in the offing. The Hungarian people are being played just like the people of the Ukraine. It would be a tragedy to destroy the jewel that is Hungary for the appeasement of the globalist bankers and the usual trouble makers.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30086497

http://www.ibtimes.com/hungary-publi...-orban-1725084

Last edited by Jack_Russells4ever; Nov 18th 2014 at 4:09 am.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Monday another article. The EU and USA are behind this rash of articles and rable rousing. I smell another Ukraine civil war in the offing. The Hungarian people are being played just like the people of the Ukraine. It would be a tragedy to destroy the jewel that is Hungary for the appeasement of the globalist bankers and the usual trouble makers.

BBC News - Thousands attend Hungary 'public outrage day' protest

Hungary Public Outrage Day: 10,000 Hungarians Protest Against Corruption, Orban Government
I am not sure if it is the EU or USA rabble rousing because as far back as 2003 when I first went to visit Hungary I have seen them complaining alot about government policies, taxes, etc. .... I think it is just that now they have the courage to stand up for themselves. I have friends in Hungary who are in their fifties and they feel there's no point working because of the amount of tax they have to pay.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 11:54 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Erm, I think everyone should be a bit concerned about any government becoming too intimate with the Kremlin, particularly an EU member, and particularly if you live in that country.

Russia's history, behaviour and overall character is rather alarming. Be careful what you wish for.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 2:00 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by amideislas
Erm, I think everyone should be a bit concerned about any government becoming too intimate with the Kremlin, particularly an EU member, and particularly if you live in that country.

Russia's history, behaviour and overall character is rather alarming. Be careful what you wish for.

I personally think Hungary should avoid all entanglements with the Kremlin AND the EU/USA. We need a planet full of independent nation states not a one world government or 2 or 3 mega states. Each nation should be able to keep its cultural heritage and identity.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 2:50 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I personally think Hungary should avoid all entanglements with the Kremlin AND the EU/USA. We need a planet full of independent nation states not a one world government or 2 or 3 mega states. Each nation should be able to keep its cultural heritage and identity.
I wouldn't disagree with that sentiment. But if you had to choose between them, I'd hope Russia would be last on your list.
Old Nov 18th 2014, 11:47 pm
Banned

And today another couple smear stories.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hungary...9715--sow.html

http://www.ibtimes.com/hungary-next-...europe-1725744

Last edited by Jack_Russells4ever; Nov 19th 2014 at 12:21 am.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 1:24 pm
Banned

Another Interesting read about the situation

Is Hungary The Next Ukraine? Protests Show Country Ripe For Conflict Between Russia And Europe – Wake Up From Your Slumber !
Old Nov 19th 2014, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

That article is rather selectively economic with the facts. It says that a poll suggests that 72% of Hungarians say they were better off under communist rule. Probably correct, consider - a job for life, provided by the state (for a time it was illegal to be without work), pension age at 50 or 55, affordable housing, subsidised holidays and so on. The trouble was that it was totally unsustainable - but I am sure that many (72%?) felt better off, but ask those same 72% if they want Russia back the answer would be No. To compare the Ukraine with Hungary is absurd,

To quote the article "Hungary is part of the European Union, but it hasn’t yet adopted the euro" -Smart move that, IMO, look at the grief with the euro, by the way the UK didn't join the euro either!! Personally I am in favour of the Euro, just that it was a good idea ruined by the politicians allowing countries to join before the time was right.

Yes Hungary signed up for the proposed new gas pipeline, to avoid the political problems of the gas supply coming through the Ukraine. Just a moment - that pipeline also goes through Georgia, Turkey, Bulgaria, and Romania before it gets to Hungary and Oh in Turkey there is a branch off that feeds all of the former Yugoslavia countries and from that a branch that services Greece and Italy. Hay! they forgot to mention that lot!!
By the way there is also a proposed pipeline from Russia through Belarus and Poland to Germany and another from Russia through Germany and Holland to the UK. And another from Russia through Ukraine, Slovakia and Austria to Germany, Oh dear those three weren't mentioned either.

America refused entrance to the head of the tax office due to corruption allegations. My understanding from the Hungarian news is that yes she was refused entrance but no supporting evidence has been given despite the Hungarian Government asking for such evidence, and Orban is on record as saying if / when evidence is offered it will be investigated and criminal charges brought as appropriate. So far silence from USA!!

I hope Hungary continues to manage its own affairs without interference from the IMF, the Banking industry and global corporations. So far Orban has managed to tell these entities where to get off, which of course is why he is unpopular (with them).

Rant over

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.