Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Pets/Fur Babies/Animal Companions

Pets/Fur Babies/Animal Companions

Old Sep 10th 2014, 11:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light
Default Pets/Fur Babies/Animal Companions

...Or whatever you like to call them :-)

I thought it would be nice to start a thread about our animals.

I am a huge dog lover which lead me to becoming a Qualified Canine Massage Therapist and also a Zoopharmacognosy Practitioner (basically the study of how animals self medicate in the wild). I don't practice them professionally any more before someone comes along and accuses me of plugging my services.

I got into both disciplines following the death of our previous dogs who were greyhounds. They were rescue greyhounds who had injuries from the track and both of these treatments helped a lot (along with appropriate veterinary care).

Anyhow, I digress.

We currently have a 10 year old Parson Russell Terrier Type....I say 'type' as she cannot be officially recognised as a pedigree by the UK PRT Club as she was a rescue dog and we don't have her papers.

Anyway...attached is a pic. Look forward to seeing every one else's fur babies :-)
Attached Thumbnails Pets/Fur Babies/Animal Companions-ellie-anna-5.jpg  
Old Sep 10th 2014, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond reputePaulinEger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pets/Fur Babies/Animal Companions

[IMG][/IMG]
Bea and Medve, our 2 rescue dogs.
Bea is a medium sized terrier cross and very lively but loving.
Medve is a rotweiler/ pitbull cross and is very friendly and loves everybody.

We've also got 3 cats, 2 of which are rescues..Jerry Lee, Domino and Misi Bácsi a 4 month old tabby kitten

Last edited by PaulinEger; Sep 10th 2014 at 2:02 pm.
Old Sep 10th 2014, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

I have two dogs ... Georgina a 14 month Isabella Dilute Shar-Pei and Gwylim, a 10 month old black Miniature Schnauzer. Unlike their mum they're both Hungarian!

Pets/Fur Babies/Animal Companions-sam_0921.jpg

I also have a 6 year old cat, Sashi, who owns the house but graciously allows us to live with her!
Old Sep 10th 2014, 3:38 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

My profile picture is of my almost 15 year old fur baby. His name is Jack Russell, He doesn't know that he is a dog. He is spoiled rotten and I would have it any other way. He rules the roost at our house.
Old Sep 10th 2014, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

This is Charlie, my 11 year old Basset Hound. I got him just over a year ago and he's my first dog. I had been thinking of getting a dog for about 20 years and I always liked the idea of a Basset. Charlie was offered on the Balaton Britons email mailing list so it seemed I had no more excuses for procrastination.

Old Sep 10th 2014, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of lightPollypaprika is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PaulinEger
http://<a href="http://s207.photobuc...e2.jpg</a></a>
Bea and Medve, our 2 rescue dogs.
Bea is a medium sized terrier cross and very lively but loving.
Medve is a rotweiler/ pitbull cross and is very friendly and loves everybody.

We've also got 3 cats, 2 of which are rescues..Jerry Lee, Domino and Misi Bácsi a 4 month old tabby kitten
They look like a lovely lively pair
Old Sep 10th 2014, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sachina
I have two dogs ... Georgina a 14 month Isabella Dilute Shar-Pei and Gwylim, a 10 month old black Miniature Schnauzer. Unlike their mum they're both Hungarian!

Attachment 119012

I also have a 6 year old cat, Sashi, who owns the house but graciously allows us to live with her!
Your dogs have great faces! I don't know too much about Shar Pei's....what is their temperament like?
Old Sep 10th 2014, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jack_Russells4ever
My profile picture is of my almost 15 year old fur baby. His name is Jack Russell, He doesn't know that he is a dog. He is spoiled rotten and I would have it any other way. He rules the roost at our house.
Jack Russell's don't know they are dogs....I might be a little bias here...but I just love their characters
Old Sep 10th 2014, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fidobsa
This is Charlie, my 11 year old Basset Hound. I got him just over a year ago and he's my first dog. I had been thinking of getting a dog for about 20 years and I always liked the idea of a Basset. Charlie was offered on the Balaton Britons email mailing list so it seemed I had no more excuses for procrastination.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/10...ps808b1a26.jpg
Aw Charlie...bless. It is very admirable of you to take on an older dog, especially as your first. I love the golden oldies (not that Charlie is old of course) :-)
Old Sep 11th 2014, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

Charlie was making a fuss all morning, wanting to go for his walk. I refused as it was raining but he must have decided to go on his own! The front gate was closed but of late I have been leaving the rear gate open, as he did not seem to have much inclination to roam. There was a knock on the door and it was my next door neighbour, telling me the dog was out. I fetched his lead and retraced our regular route, looking for him. I found him in the park on the other side of the village, having a sniff around at the edge of the football pitch. I will have to keep that rear gate shut in future as I don't trust him to avoid getting hit by a car.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 11:38 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

My cat has corrupted my dog, yesterday I caught him trying to catch the mouse I had just rescued from the cat
Old Sep 11th 2014, 1:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond reputeSachina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollypaprika
Your dogs have great faces! I don't know too much about Shar Pei's....what is their temperament like?
Georgina is my second Pei and like my first one is an absolute sweetheart. She has a quiet serious nature, is very obedient and well behaved, except that is when she decides to be stubborn. She likes her creature comforts, especially sleeping! She'll never run when she can walk or sit when she can lie down! Georgie adores her little brother but ignores other dogs, convinced that she and Gwylim are the only two dogs to inhabit this earth! She definitely a mummy's girl and I love her to bits!

Pets/Fur Babies/Animal Companions-sam_0888.jpg

Last edited by Sachina; Sep 11th 2014 at 1:59 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 7:39 pm
Banned

Jack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond reputeJack_Russells4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollypaprika
Jack Russell's don't know they are dogs....I might be a little bias here...but I just love their characters
I am very biased. I have loved my little "Terrorist" since he was 8 weeks old. Jacks partner unfortunately had to be put down about 6 years ago. She developed some sort of female cancer. It devastated me for a long time. When Jack leaves I know it will be even worse. I will get another one though because they are so loveable. They are great companions but they are NOT for everyone. If you don't have time to spend with them and don't have a fenced yard please do not consider a Jack, they can utterly destroy your house if they get bored. You must keep them occupied.
Old Sep 12th 2014, 6:57 am
I bite my thumb at thee

Rural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond reputeRural Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Ours is believed to be a Dash/Russell cross and has characteristics of both, she is hard work!
Old Sep 12th 2014, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

llareggub is an unknown quantity at this point

This is Lottie, a furry mish mash of doggies from a 'local' dog rescue charity, she has been with us for 6 months...

And this sorry looking fella is Poochie a Pumi of some description apparently, he was a stray from the village that we slowly began to feed although struggled to get him to come in to the house to clean him up. A while ago he just disappeared and we feared the worst. Just a few months ago we returned home and found him sat on our doorstep over a year after he had wondered off. He was emaciated (he weighed half of what he should), dirty, had all sorts of infections and infestations.

A few months on and loads of food, TLC and plenty of vet visits and a trip to the doggie hairdresser he is now part of the family!

I'll refrain from adding loads of pictures of the varying amounts of cats that call our wee corner of Hungary home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.