Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Hungary
Reload this Page >

Hungarian wedding ring

Hungarian wedding ring

Old Sep 4th 2018, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Szeged is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hungarian wedding ring

Just bought a wedding ring in Hungary at a cost of £167, for 14k gold. In the UK I paid £180 for a 9k gold wedding ring. Luckily, I don't get married everyday
Old Sep 4th 2018, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

FenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond reputeFenTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hungarian wedding ring

Hungarians wear wedding ring on right hand, correct?
I need a new one to replace what I lost three years ago. No idea how it slipped off but was probably due to weight loss and soapy fingers!
I should have bought a replacement in Hungary couple of weeks ago. It'll have to wait. Mind you I'm wary of wearing a ring when doing DIY/gardening because it can get caught on equipment ripping off your ring finger.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Peter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond reputePeter_in_Hungary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FenTiger
Hungarians wear wedding ring on right hand, correct?
Yes.
Generally the wedding ring is bought on engagement instead of an engagement ring and is worn on the left hand and after the wedding it is worn on the right hand.
Old Sep 4th 2018, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Szeged is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, Hungarians wear the wedding ring on the right hand. We married in the UK whereby my HU wife wore it on her left hand (to follow English tradition) for 2 days or so, before switching it over to her right hand forever! I needed the replacement ring after I lost the original while swimming in an Italian lake two weeks ago. It fell off due to weight loss (the water must of shrunk my finger?).
Old Sep 17th 2018, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

man of yorkshire is an unknown quantity at this point

congratulations to the both of you !
My wife lost the emerald out of her engagement ring I handed it to a jeweller in the city the cost was £840 but there was also an appraisal included which is useful for insurance , we went to India the following year and bought a few pieces as in presents , I asked how much he would have charged to replace the same emerald and he said £50 and he wasn't joking either.