Reload this Page >

Young recent Mathematics graduate looking for a job

Young recent Mathematics graduate looking for a job

Old Apr 11th 2014, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Simonip92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Young recent Mathematics graduate looking for a job

Hello there!

I'm a somewhat recent Mathematics Graduate (Graduated July/2013 BSc Mathematics) and have since moved to China for a 9 month placement to teach English in a university. I'm originally from England, (Born and raised) however I do not wish to return to England permanently when my contract is up (Not yet anyway!). I'm not sure what sort of Job I'd like, but I'm pretty open to most ideas. Maybe I'm just the only one who has no clue what they want to do in life for their career. Anyhow I'm looking for a job which will give me an opportunity to travel some more. I'm writing this as I finish my last 2 months in China, preparing myself for the latter half of 2014.

I'm pretty resourceful and creative; having made half of the curriculum I am currently teaching, not to mention all of my lesson plans as the previous Foreign English Teacher had left me with nothing. I also created all the Exams for the students and I believe they're having as good of a time as I am during our lessons.

"Why not stay in China?" Some might ask! As much as I have enjoyed my stay in China, (and it really has been an incredible experience so far, and I doubt anything from now until I finish can change that) I've decided it's time to move on to another culture and lifestyle.

I'd ideally like a job which can pay for accommodation or offer accommodation as well as having enough money to travel around Canada during holidays or long weekends.

Any help pointing me in the right direction for careers available for young graduates such as myself would be much appreciated! Recruitment websites, or emails, or even a job application would help me so much =). My Email Address is <<snip>>, please get in touch if you could help me out.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Sue; Apr 11th 2014 at 2:23 pm. Reason: Email address removed.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 12:42 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Young recent Mathematics graduate looking for a job

Hi, and welcome to BE.

I'll ask a mod to move this for you - you've posted it in the 'job offers' rather than 'jobs wanted' section. They'll also no doubt remove your email address - it's a public forum, so I doubt you want it out there for every spambot and weirdo to pick up! People can contact you via the forum though, using the email (which doesn't reveal your email address) or PM facility.

Do you already have a visa allowing you to work in Canada? That will no doubt make a big difference to the responses you'll get.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Simonip92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, and welcome to BE.

I'll ask a mod to move this for you - you've posted it in the 'job offers' rather than 'jobs wanted' section.

Do you already have a visa allowing you to work in Canada? That will no doubt make a big difference to the responses you'll get.
Oh, sorry. Thankyou for the move!
Unfortunately no, I do not have a Visa yet. I have a full British passport and *hopefully* have assistance from whomever would like to recruit me in attaining a Visa. =)
Old Apr 11th 2014, 12:48 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Simonip92
Oh, sorry. Thankyou for the move!
Unfortunately no, I do not have a Visa yet. I have a full British passport and *hopefully* have assistance from whomever would like to recruit me in attaining a Visa. =)
Tbh, the chances of you finding an employer prepared to go to the expense/hassle/paperwork of a LMO app for you when you're a new graduate with little work experience, is very slim, plus the LMO is unlikely to be granted for that reason, even if you can convince an employer to.

The IEC (if you're eligible for it) would be by far your easiest option and make you much more attractive to employers, but you've missed the boat for this year so wouldn't be out there until early 2015 which may also make a difference to any response you get on here.

Best of luck.