British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Jobs Wanted (https://britishexpats.com/forum/jobs-wanted-137/)
-   -   Work Wanted For UK Electrician Based on the Gold Coast QLD (https://britishexpats.com/forum/jobs-wanted-137/work-wanted-uk-electrician-based-gold-coast-qld-891252/)

Stoke30 Feb 7th 2017 11:13 am

Work Wanted For UK Electrician Based on the Gold Coast QLD

Im currently based on the gold coast and in need of a Electrical Trade Assistant Job so i can obtain my Qld Electrical Licence via the Gap training route i.e taffe logbook etc.. I have over 20 years Experience in the Domestic and Commercial Fields, anybody who can help with a least a min of 12 months work please contact me,:fingerscrossed:

teza Feb 9th 2017 5:55 am

Re: Work Wanted For UK Electrician Based on the Gold Coast QLD

Originally Posted by Stoke30 (Post 12173211)
Im currently based on the gold coast and in need of a Electrical Trade Assistant Job so i can obtain my Qld Electrical Licence via the Gap training route i.e taffe logbook etc.. I have over 20 years Experience in the Domestic and Commercial Fields, anybody who can help with a least a min of 12 months work please contact me,:fingerscrossed:

Hi, sorry can't help with the job my hubby has been in electrical wholesales for nearly 30yrs and as he always says, they always know about jobs first as the counter is like a gossip pit for sparkies. Maybe visit few wholesalers in your area and see if they know the busiest Sparkies or those in need of TAs? Hope this helps!

Stoke30 Feb 9th 2017 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by teza (Post 12175071)
Hi, sorry can't help with the job my hubby has been in electrical wholesales for nearly 30yrs and as he always says, they always know about jobs first as the counter is like a gossip pit for sparkies. Maybe visit few wholesalers in your area and see if they know the busiest Sparkies or those in need of TAs? Hope this helps!

Thanks for that's is your hubby on the Gold Coast which wholesalers is he at I'm currently working at suppliers to the electrical wholesale market on the coast

teza Feb 10th 2017 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Stoke30 (Post 12175699)
Thanks for that's is your hubby on the Gold Coast which wholesalers is he at I'm currently working at suppliers to the electrical wholesale market on the coast

Nope we're in WA but according to him that's a great way to try as nationwide it's the wholesalers who deal with tens of sparkies a day and word of mouth etc works wonders especially if it saves the sparkie the time and cost of advertising

Jason Davis Aug 5th 2017 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Stoke30 (Post 12173211)

Hi mate

Did you have any joy after? Im going to be in exactly the same boat.. coming from wales with family after I sell up and headed to Gold Coast to settle. Any advice would be treasured!!!

Many thanks

Jason

Stoke30 Aug 7th 2017 2:22 am

Originally Posted by Jason Davis (Post 12310168)
Hi mate

Did you have any joy after? Im going to be in exactly the same boat.. coming from wales with family after I sell up and headed to Gold Coast to settle. Any advice would be treasured!!!

Many thanks

Jason

No joy yet mate it's tough to find work here but then again I'm in permant employment so not been to bothered to chase any jobs

Jason Davis Aug 8th 2017 6:16 am

Originally Posted by Stoke30 (Post 12311024)
No joy yet mate it's tough to find work here but then again I'm in permant employment so not been to bothered to chase any jobs

I've heard that... I'm contemplating staying in NSW for the first 12 months to get my license as I've heard it's easier to find work there? Then once I've got it try in QLD.
Cheers

Jason