Truck driver in search of LMIA

Old Nov 27th 2015, 8:26 am
Just Joined

Asti is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Truck driver in search of LMIA

Hey,
Does anyone know of any trucking companies with LMIA's in
Alberta???
I am currently working for a company in Calgary as a long haul truck driver. My LMIA expires in January 😱
I wouldn't have left it so late to get searching but the company I currently work for told me a few months back that they were applying for more LMIAs, only for my boss to text me this week saying he hadn't applied for any and was no longer going to.
I have submitted my paper work for AINP but have not got a decision yet and honestly I don't believe it is going to come through in time to save me.
Any help would be really appreciated, my family and I have really settled here.
Thanks
Old Nov 27th 2015, 9:32 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Truck driver in search of LMIA

Hi, and welcome to BE.

Have a look in the truckers forum and you'll find a couple of threads with mentions of companies that do have LMIA's on - unfortunately they seem to be few and far between at the moment.

When did you apply for PNP and what stage is it at, is a Bridging Open Work Permit an option?
Old Nov 27th 2015, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Asti is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Truck driver in search of LMIA

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
I have tried every company going sent out around 150 emails and no one has any.
Ainp we sent off about 8 months ago, got file number and that is all. We can't do anything with bridging work permits without an ainp decision. We are stuck