Reload this Page >

Red seal Journeyman millwright

Red seal Journeyman millwright

Old Jul 23rd 2015, 1:33 am
Just Joined

gsxr_600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Red seal Journeyman millwright

Long shot here.

Does anyone know of any company's within Canada that are looking for millwrights and able to provide a lmia?

I've been working in Alberta since 2013 as a millwright. I came over through the Alberta trade pilot project, however because of the immigration changes earlier this year, I don't have enough points to qualify for ITA draw.
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 8:49 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Red seal Journeyman millwright

Originally Posted by gsxr_600
I've been working in Alberta since 2013 as a millwright. I came over through the Alberta trade pilot project, however because of the immigration changes earlier this year, I don't have enough points to qualify for ITA draw.
You would if you have a PNP nomination, is there a reason that's not an option?
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

I applied for AINP through strategic recruitment scheme. The problem is my visa will expire before the nomination is granted. Not looking good
Old Jul 23rd 2015, 5:11 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

I applied for AINP through strategic recruitment scheme. The problem is my visa will expire before the nomination is granted. Not looking good
Ah, ok. When did you apply and when does your TWP expire? Is a BOWP possible, or will you run out of time for that?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Jul 23rd 2015 at 5:17 pm.
Old Jul 24th 2015, 12:32 am
Just Joined

I sent it away three weeks ago. Not heard anything back yet? My visa expires on November the 8th. Haven't managed to get a ITA yet, so BOWP isn't an option at the moment.
Old Jul 24th 2015, 6:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

I sent it away three weeks ago. Not heard anything back yet? My visa expires on November the 8th. Haven't managed to get a ITA yet, so BOWP isn't an option at the moment.
Ah. I didn't realise you'd only applied recently, you've got a long old wait to go then. No chance of getting your nomination before Nov, so unless the points did low enough for you to be selected you'll definitely need a new job/LMIA. What do you score, if it's close to 450 on the CRS could you boost your points?

I'm assuming you're not young enough to apply for an IEC when it reopens early 2016?
Old Jul 29th 2015, 2:07 am
Just Joined

Yep. Unfortunately I've only got 372 points. I will be eligible for the IEC next year, I would rather get an LMIA for piece of mind.