Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Jobs Wanted
Reload this Page >

Plumbing and Heating Engineer Looking for new challenge

Plumbing and Heating Engineer Looking for new challenge

Old Aug 2nd 2016, 9:18 am
Just Joined

tomwesty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plumbing and Heating Engineer Looking for new challenge

Hey, I'm 26 from north wales, UK. I have been plumbing now for 10 years, I have NVQ level 3 in plumbing, heating and mechanical engineering. I also have all my GasSafe qualifications and OFTEC, i also have my solid fuel and various renewable qualifications. I have just recently started lecturing plumbing in a college near by but i am always looking for new challenges. In college I got into the UK squad for SkillPlumb competitions and also came into the top 5 of BBC British young talent of the year. I have loads of experience on working on all types of systems.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 2:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Plumbing and Heating Engineer Looking for new challenge

Originally Posted by tomwesty
Hey, I'm 26 from north wales, UK. I have been plumbing now for 10 years, I have NVQ level 3 in plumbing, heating and mechanical engineering. I also have all my GasSafe qualifications and OFTEC, i also have my solid fuel and various renewable qualifications. I have just recently started lecturing plumbing in a college near by but i am always looking for new challenges. In college I got into the UK squad for SkillPlumb competitions and also came into the top 5 of BBC British young talent of the year. I have loads of experience on working on all types of systems.
Hi, welcome to BE.

Anywhere specific that you're looking to work? If you can give a country then those that are there might be able to help you with info on how you can become licensed to work there and job hunting tips etc.

Best of luck with it.
Old Aug 2nd 2016, 3:04 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tom, welcome to BE.

Be aware that your qualifications will be seen by other countries as either of little value and you will at a minimum require to take more exams, or largely worthless and you will have to start more or less from scratch. It really depends where you're trying to move to - Canada, Australia, and NZ seem relatively friendly to British-trained tradesmen.
Old Aug 5th 2016, 1:59 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by tomwesty
You sound like a bright , dedicated and career minded young tradesman which is great to read.

Are you looking at experiencing life overseas for a few years. Somewhere like, Oz, NZ or Canada.

At 26 you could uplift a working holiday visa. This would allow you to visit a country and work for part of the time.

If you are thinking to emigrate though then you will find that you will need to upskill your trade standards and knowledge to that specific country.

For New Zealand for instance, you would be able to work in the trade under a restricted license. Your work would need to be overseen and signed off.
To be seen as NZ fully trade qualified, it would require you sit an exam and take tests of competence.

Systems and working practices can be very different to the UK.

Anyway, something to think about.

Get back to us with your thoughts and we will try to help you find a new challenge & why not indeed. You are young enough to enjoy such an experience.