Reload this Page >

NGO/Charity Job in Cape Town, South Africa

NGO/Charity Job in Cape Town, South Africa

Old Dec 22nd 2009, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Shant2288 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NGO/Charity Job in Cape Town, South Africa

Hi,

I am a highly motivated 24 year old who is looking for a job in the charity sector. Ideally I am looking to work in fundraisinng (particularly with corporate donors) or events management.

I have previously worked and undertaken internships at a number of NGOs ranging from large scale international organisations like the British Red Cross to more small scale grassroots organisations such as the Greater Good South Africa Trust and BeMoreUK. I have had an insight into the various aspects of fundraising

I am hoping to move to Cape Town in May 2010 to be with my boyfriend who is a South African citizen. I will be applying for a life partner visa.Once I have a firm job offer I am informed I can apply for a work endorsement, which does not require the employer to prove that there is no south african citizen able to fill that position. -- If anyone has had experience with this type of visa/ been in a similiar situation it would be great to hear about your experiences ?

Also if there is anybody who is working in the NGO sector and can recommend any tips for the job search it would be much appreciated

Thanks