Reload this Page >

Looking for plumbing/gas fitting job Canada

Looking for plumbing/gas fitting job Canada

Old Nov 6th 2016, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Gareth36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for plumbing/gas fitting job Canada

Hello,

I have been working in the UK as a plumbing and heating engineer for the past 13 years with the last 2 being self employed. I have extensive experience in all aspects of domestic heating and plumbing.

I am looking to move to Ontario as I have family there but I'm open to any area really

I was wondering what the job prospects were like in Ontario or if there are areas of Canada, that would have more job opportunities?

Are there any large companies that regularly hire foreign workers?

Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks
Gareth
Old Nov 7th 2016, 10:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Looking for plumbing/gas fitting job Canada

Hi, welcome to BE.

Do you already have a visa and are work authorised (or one in the works), or are you going to need a company to sponsor you and get a LMIA for you?

That might make a big difference as to the responses and your chances.

Best of luck with it.
Old Nov 8th 2016, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Gareth36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for plumbing/gas fitting job Canada

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, welcome to BE.

Do you already have a visa and are work authorised (or one in the works), or are you going to need a company to sponsor you and get a LMIA for you?

That might make a big difference as to the responses and your chances.

Best of luck with it.
Hi
My OH is currently looking into IEC visa in skilled occ to allow me open work permit which would be great but if we can't get that visa then we would need LMIA and job offer.

So really looking into if we have to use second option the best way to go about getting an LMIA in plumbing. i understand being over there is better for this and am prepared to go over and job hunt in person but looking for advice on best places where I would be more likely to succeed so can target my efforts there? I really want to go to Ontario but if job prospects low then I'm prepared to go anywhere and move after PR if we need to; Or if there are big companies who regularly hire foreign workers as need a lot of workers for certain contracts etc?
Any advice would be helpful
Thanks