British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Jobs Wanted (https://britishexpats.com/forum/jobs-wanted-137/)
-   -   ISO 17025 Technical/ Quality Manager (or related laboratory work) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/jobs-wanted-137/iso-17025-technical-quality-manager-related-laboratory-work-789417/)

rmurph17 Mar 4th 2013 6:25 pm

ISO 17025 Technical/ Quality Manager (or related laboratory work)

Hi all,

I am currently residing in Glasgow, United Kingdom. I want to move to the United States of America for two reasons. First and foremost, every time I visit the United States, I simply love the country. Scotland and the United Kingdom are beautiful but the sheer size and variety the United States has to offer is almost beyond comprehension, I love the culture, the people and the country. Politically I also believe the United Kingdom is moving in the wrong direction, but that is a story for another day. The second reason is because I have read enough journals, papers and articles to realise that in my line of work, the United States is definitely leading the way in innovation and development. I want to be at the sharp end of the business, and it is not something I can do here in the United Kingdom.

I have a Bachelor of Science with Honours degree in Civil Engineering. Before becoming a ISO 17025 Technical/ Quality Manager I worked as a Consultant Structural Engineer for AECOM. I was unfortunately made redundant and that led me to seeking a new path. I joined a manufacturer and created a Technical Department from scratch. We then set about creating our own ISO 17025: 2005 accredited testing laboratory and we succeeded.

As such I currently lead the laboratory and write/ maintain the Quality System. I am a trained ISO 17025: 2005 and ISO 9001: 2008 auditor. My duties in my current position are:

- Maintenance of ISO 17025 technical procedures and quality system,
- Maintenance of ISO 9001 quality system,
- Carry out routine vertical and horizontal audits of the quality systems and jobs,
- Price jobs and gain sales,
- Participate and lead Management Reviews,
- Provide training to staff and third parties,
- Where required assist/ undertake testing duties (i.e. when other staff are on holiday/ off sick),
- Prepare business cases and capital expenditure plans,
- Maintain and enforce Health and Safety policies and procedures (including carrying out of risk assessments).

I am trained and proficient in the operation of several machines/ tests and in the preparation of their respective samples:

- Universal Testing Machines (Instron and Shimadzu models) for tensile, compression, shearing, flexure tests to various International Standards,
- Hardness Testing Machines (Vickers, Knoops and Rockwell scales) to various International Standards,
- XRF Spectroscopy,
- FTIR Spectroscopy,
- UV-Vis Spectroscopy,
- Scanning Electron Microscopes (including EDX Spectroscopy),
- Failure analysis of metallic specimens,
- Corrosion Testing Machines (Neutral Salt Spray and Cyclic Corrosion Testing).

I am also able to perform structural engineering calculations both by hand and using a plethora of software packages.

I am also proficient with AutoCAD.

I do not mind taking a job even as a technician as I am eager to prove my abilities to any future employer. I am extremely keen and I would appreciate any consideration from a potential employer and I am confident that I will become a valued member of the team.

If anyone knows of any jobs, I would sincerely appreciate a note. I can provide a full Curriculum Vitae and list of references on request.

Kindest regards,

Ryan